Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Correspondent
pupdog96
0 Kudos

Book Suggestions

Hi :smileyhappy:

What are some books that I might like?

I normally read books by Sarah Dessen. I like how there is romance and how you can see what is happening (like if you were the main character). It also has to be in first person. Sorry about the pickiness.

I need some new books :smileyhappy:

Thank You!!!!!!

“Instead of wishing you were someone else, be proud of who you are. You never know who has been looking at you wishing they were you.”
~unknown
Distinguished Correspondent
bookluvr11
0 Kudos

Re: Book Suggestions

I can't remember if all of these were in first person, but I really enjoyed them!

• Playing Hurt - Holly Schindler
  • Babe in Boyland - Jody Gehrman
  • Taken by Storm(1) - Angela Morrison
  • Unbroken Connection(2) - Angela Morrison
  • Cayman Summer(3) - Angela Morrison
  • Twenty Boy Summer - Sarah Ockler
  • All You Get is Me - Yvonne Prinz
  • Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side - Beth Fantaskey
  • The Lonely Hearts Club - Elizabeth Eulberg
  • Amy & Roger's Epic Detour - Morgan Matson

Hope this helps. For more you can look at my profile.

Is this the part where you start tearing off strips of your shirt to bind my wounds?
If you wanted me to rip my clothes off, you should have just asked.
— Cassandra Clare (City of Bones)
bobbles918
0 Kudos

I like Jennifer Echols

Forget You

Going Too Far

another just came out on Tues Love Story

I also love Elizabeth Scott

Perfect You

Bloom

The Unwritten Rule

All of these are written in first person & they are all realistic & romantic

"A classic is something that everybody wants to have read and nobody wants to read"-Mark Twain
Wordsmith
wheeze
0 Kudos

Perfect Chemistry (Perfect Chemistry Series #1)  

How to Ruin a Summer Vacation  

Harmonic Feedback  

Summer Intern  

How to Build a House  

The Education of Hailey Kendrick  

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."
— Marilyn Monroe
New User
i-love-to-readMS
0 Kudos

Endless Summer is a great book!

Distinguished Scribe
SandraPants
0 Kudos

One of my favorite romance YA books ever was Anna and the French Kiss.  It was awesome!  <3

Anna and the French Kiss  

Spelling is for "loosers."
http://sandrathenookworm.blogspot.com/
Whisperlynn
0 Kudos

I suggest you look into the "Once Upon A Time Series" - a collection of rewritten fairytales from a variety of authors.  There are some great love stories with really interesting spins on favorite stories.  Not all are from first person but some are and the ones I really like are "Before Midnight" (Cinderella), "Midnight Pearls" (The Little Mermaid), and "Night Dance" (12 Dancing Princesses).

I also recommend "Unearthly" by Cynthia Hand - a sweet love story with a twist and a supernatural edge.

Contributor
AshReads
0 Kudos

I have heard excellent things about Anna and the French Kiss. I need to bump it up on my TBR list, everyone seems to love it. :smileyhappy:

Correspondent
pupdog96
0 Kudos

Thank you! I will surely look into those books :smileyvery-happy:

“Instead of wishing you were someone else, be proud of who you are. You never know who has been looking at you wishing they were you.”
~unknown