Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
wolfgirlxleah
0 Kudos

Re: Book Suggestions???

I read a lot of books so far

but heres some!

Bloom-Elizabeth Scott

Something, Maybe-Elizabeth Scott

The Lovely Bones- Alice Sebold

Dear John-Nicholas Sparks

The Vampire Diaries- L.J. Smith

The Host- Stephenie Meyer ( really long by the way)

theres more but I dont know what kind of books you like to read

Frequent Contributor
korts
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Frequent Contributor
korts
0 Kudos

LexieVamp wrote:

Yeah I am lol I can't wait until we can start reading Beastly!!! I heard it's going to be turned into a movie. It better be good =P

they are making it into a movie but watch the trailer...he is not a beast he just has weird marks and stuff like tattoos.  i think the site is beastlythemovie.com or something like that.

Okay =D thanx korts! I'll go check it out! Even if he is a "beast" it still sounds cool =)

yeah i am hoping that it is cool.  it looks good other then that

Inspired Wordsmith
Morigami
0 Kudos

korts wrote:

LexieVamp wrote:

Yeah I am lol I can't wait until we can start reading Beastly!!! I heard it's going to be turned into a movie. It better be good =P

they are making it into a movie but watch the trailer...he is not a beast he just has weird marks and stuff like tattoos.  i think the site is beastlythemovie.com or something like that.

Okay =D thanx korts! I'll go check it out! Even if he is a "beast" it still sounds cool =)

Yeah it does look cool, but um... ...? Was that Vanessa Hudgens? lol Well the guy actor looks cool xD

Blog: http://booklover-bookchicks.blogspot.com/
Frequent Contributor
funwithfaith
0 Kudos

LexieVamp wrote:

korts wrote:

LexieVamp wrote:

Yeah it does look cool, but um... ...? Was that Vanessa Hudgens? lol Well the guy actor looks cool xD

The movie tralier looks cool! But i just hope they dont ruin the book like they mostly do with other movies into books

"Books are the things that keep us inspired,content,and above all else happy"
Inspired Wordsmith
Morigami
0 Kudos

Yeah I hope so too =P

Blog: http://booklover-bookchicks.blogspot.com/
Frequent Contributor
korts
0 Kudos

yeah thats vanessa.  i do not like her!  love HSM but not liking her she bugs me.  maybe because i am jealous because zac is so cute and wasting his time with her when he could be with me hahaha.  yeah that guy looks cute.  also they changed his name its not kyle kingsbury it kyle kingston or something.

Frequent Contributor
funwithfaith
0 Kudos

yea, he was in stormbreaker the movie about the first alex rider series

Frequent Contributor
korts
0 Kudos

whats alex rider?

Frequent Contributor
funwithfaith
0 Kudos

the alex rider series by anthony horowitz, you know stormbreaker,scorpia,crtocodile tears

Frequent Contributor
korts
0 Kudos

never heard of it.  i have heard and read the first book in maximum ride but no alex ride!

Frequent Contributor
funwithfaith
0 Kudos

u should read it lol

Frequent Contributor
korts
0 Kudos

i will look into it.  right now i am reading a great and terrible beauty

Frequent Contributor
funwithfaith
0 Kudos

how is it??

Frequent Contributor
korts
0 Kudos

i am not that far into it but so far its pretty good.  i am listening to wicked lovely on cd and its pretty god too.

Contributor
twilightluvable
0 Kudos

Here are some of just many I have read. (Sorry if I am about to post some you have already read or some that others have already posted. I am too lazy to read all the posts haha)

~Evermore series (there are three) -Alyson Noel

~Fallen-Lauren Kate

~House of Night Series-P.C. Cast and Kristen Cast http://www.houseofnightseries.com/index.html

~Blue Blood Series-Melissa De La Cruz (There is a 5th coming out in Fall 2010)

~Mortal Instruments Series-Cassandra Claire (Awesomeness)

~Teilight Saga-Stephenie Meyer (I'm sure you have read it)

~Hush Hush-Becca Fitzpatrick

~Shiver-Maggie Stiefvater

~Summer Boys Series (there are 4)-Hailey Abbott

~Deadly Little Secrets (Touch sereies)-Laurie Faria

~Wake, Fade, and Gone-Lisa Mcmann

~Eighth Grade Bites, Ninth Grade Slays, Tenth Grade Bleeds, Eleventh Grade Burns-Heather Brewer

~The Host-Stephenie Meyer (AWESOME BOOK) Haha hard to get into at first and confusing but, reallllllly amazing in the end =)).

Well those are just some...I hope I helped. Good luck!

"When life gives you lemons, make lemonade, and then throw it in the
face of the person who gave you the lemons until they give you the
oranges you originally asked for"-Jace (Mortal Instuments)

New User
cg7493
0 Kudos

I really like the ellen hopkins books. So you may like 13 reasons why, any sarah dessen books(i love them all), before i die, and take me there

New User
StefneMiller
0 Kudos

My name is Stefne Miller and I am the author of Salvaged; a new young adult Christian fiction novel. It currently has a 4.84 rating on Goodreads (19 ratings and 13 reviews) and a 5 star rating on Barnes and Noble.com (18 ratings and 13 reviews). You can also read the first two chapters at my website which is: www.stefnemiller.com. Please take a few moments to check out the site. I am also on Facebook with an author page (Stefne Miller) and a book page (Salvaged). You can see additional reviews there.

Here is a blurb:

My body was being torn apart, and my stomach felt as if it exploded. The pain was excruciating, and I was aware that I was dying…

“Mom?”

My vision was murky, but I could see her face. It was bloody, and her eyes were large and full of fear.

Her voice calmed. “Get out of the car, Attie.” Her words sounded crisp and clear.

I looked into the backseat in search of Melody and found her lying covered in blood in a twisted heap on the floor. I turned my attention back to my mother and out of the corner of my eye saw fire.

“Get out, Attie!” “Mom?”

Everything went dark.

Attie Reed should have died in the wreck that stole the lives of her mother and best friend. But her life was spared. Why? When Attie moves to Oklahoma to stay with the Bennetts for the summer, she hopes she has left her nightmares behind. But her battle is far from over, and Riley Bennett steps forward to help her fight the nighttime monsters. As the battle wears on, Riley begins fighting monsters of his own: his feelings for Attie. And Attie realizes she must begin to face the monsters of the night herself if she wants to conquer them for good.

Can Attie’s life be Salvaged?

New User
Abril-Cassandra
0 Kudos

Omg i read that book when it first came out and i abosolutley loved it!!!!! I cant ait for the sequel to come to stores!!!

Frequent Contributor
zera17
0 Kudos

if you loved Fallen then you might like

hush, hush by becca fitzpatrik

Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl

The Summoning, The Awakening, and  The Reckining by Kelley Armstrong <3

The Gone series by Michael Grant

Intertwined by Gena Showalter

These are just a few of my favorites... hope this helps!!

Photobucket