Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Wordsmith
random97
0 Kudos

Re: Books You Never Finished

yes it really is. jane austen is a genius and Elisabeth Bennett is one of if not the most envied characters of all time.

"I've been making a list of the things they don't teach you at school. They don't teach you how to love somebody. They don't teach you how to be famous. They don't teach you how to be rich or how to be poor. They don't teach you how to walk away from someone you don't love any longer. They don't teach you how to know what's going on in someone else's mind. They don't teach you what to say to someone who's dying. They don't teach you anything worth knowing."
Distinguished Correspondent
Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

yeah i loved the movie, the newer one, i just dont get how ...darcy he just , well in the mivie he never revealed himself...
"He is bound to you,” said the Queen. “But does he love you?"
Inspired Wordsmith
random97
0 Kudos

yaa you should really read the book and see the older movie too! both movies are really good. but be warned the older movie is like five hours.

you get a little more sense of darcy.

"I've been making a list of the things they don't teach you at school. They don't teach you how to love somebody. They don't teach you how to be famous. They don't teach you how to be rich or how to be poor. They don't teach you how to walk away from someone you don't love any longer. They don't teach you how to know what's going on in someone else's mind. They don't teach you what to say to someone who's dying. They don't teach you anything worth knowing."
Inspired Contributor
Laestares
0 Kudos

I completely agree. I can never start a book and not finish it. Even if it's horrid, I always have to finish it or else I'll drive myself mad. =|

-Lael (i stare)
Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

idk, is the older movie better than the newer movie?
Inspired Correspondent
Ravenclaww
0 Kudos

I never finished Eldest because I have no idea. It just didn't stick haha.

And usually books for school. I have to read at my own pace. I can't read one chapter every two days. It doesn't work like that for me. And I would end up not reading the books because well idk either haha. I guess I would refuse to read them after a while. -shrugs-

TheSubtleChronicler.blogspot.com

Check it out :smileywink:
Correspondent
pupdog96
0 Kudos

I could not finish the golden compass!! I dnt think i got to the 2nd or 3rd chapter. idk y but i couldn't get into it!
“Instead of wishing you were someone else, be proud of who you are. You never know who has been looking at you wishing they were you.”
~unknown
Frequent Contributor
michaela27
0 Kudos

omg i loved the secret life of bees! there are some books i havent finished. usually i try really hard but it i just cant get into it i give up cuz there are so many other books i want to read.  umm i stopped in the middle of the third Clique book.
Inspired Contributor
Think-Im-Listening
0 Kudos

pupdog96 wrote:
I could not finish the golden compass!! I dnt think i got to the 2nd or 3rd chapter. idk y but i couldn't get into it!

Same. Horrible horrible book. Ugh. I have a bunch of books I plan on finishing but not yet... :/ Wicked being one of them. I get the to beginning of the second book and then it's like my mind decides it doesnt want to read it anymore, Twice that happened to that book.

"If your heart wears thin, I will hold you up, and I will hide you when it gets too much" -Mariana's Trench
Frequent Contributor
emma23
0 Kudos

i never finished Before I Die and The Scarlet Letter both were very boring.
Frequent Contributor
samSB
0 Kudos

there where alot of books that i started reading that i didnt end up getting into of there was another book that i couldnt wait to sink ym teeth into but there was one i could NOT feel the need to pick up again. now, i love the author, dont get me wrong, but i just wasnt into to at all, which was call Peeps. i love scott westerfeld but i just couldnt get into. i will probably go back one day when i have nothing to read and try again but i just have to many to read!!

Correspondent
thaisra
0 Kudos

I've never finished a book assigned at school. I would always read like the first 2-3 chapters and then make my friend tell me what happened, they are just soo boring! 
B&N Bookseller
melissas
0 Kudos

I used to attempt to always finish a book. Then I realized there are way too many books that I want to read to waste my time reading books I'm not enjoying.

I think there were only two books I couldn't finish in the last year:

Before I Die, which is pretty bad because I was actually listening to it on audio, which takes no effort, but it was so bad I stopped after 2 CDs.

Un Lun Dun which felt like reading nonsense.

Contributor
shanell95
0 Kudos

i never finished the uglies series by scott westerfeld.. i stopped in the middle of "specials" i just didnt find any point to the story and it was repeating itself over and over again ever since the first book.. and i really like scott westerfeld he's one of my all-time-favorite authors but i didnt like that book. the rest of them are amazing!!

Inspired Contributor
KaylaNicole_MusicLover
0 Kudos

I got abut 90 pages into the Host and just couldn't go on. I found it so slow, but a friend told me it gets at good about half way through, so I might go back to it and try again, who knows.

I usually finish the books I read in most cases. 

Correspondent
thaisra
0 Kudos

thaisra wrote:
I've never finished a book assigned at school. I would always read like the first 2-3 chapters and then make my friend tell me what happened, they are just soo boring! 

haha I guess that is not true anymore. I've finished all the books assigned in class so far. The Giver by Lois Lowry, A Pocketful of Rye by Agatha Christie, and And Then There Were None by Agatha Christies

Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

I never finished A Hopeless Romantic by Harriet Evans and Sunshine by Robin McKinley.

I got about half way through each one before I couldn't stand it anymore. A Hopeless Romantic just never got interesting enough and Sunshine the girl could not stop talking about all the stupid things she had to bake!

Pages of Forbidden Love
http://pages-of-forbidden-love.blogspot.com/
Inspired Correspondent
bookrooted
0 Kudos

i have trouble finishing the classics too...

i just could not finish the Phantom of the Opera, but i bet sometime later i will try again

: /

----------------------------------------------
Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

i also have trouble finishing the classics.

in to kill a mockeybird i got past the 2 part and then just kind of ignored it- but i plan toreread it all the way through...

in the adventures of tom sawyer i got to about over page 100 and then returned it cause it was due...

but the thing is i plan toreread all the books i havent finished...

i even have a wishlist of books that i started to read but didnt get all the way through...

Contributor
FortunaLuna
0 Kudos

I usually TRY to finish everything I start, or at least skim it to see how it ends. However, I really didn't like the Uglies series by Scott Westerfield, so I never made it to the last page :smileyindifferent: