Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
i-love-ny
0 Kudos

Re: Books You Never Finished

here are two:

The City of Bones - I only read the first 5 chapters, so it could've have gotten more interesting. I might give it another chance...

Uglies - I was too busy to finish it, by the time I got around to it, I forgot most of it

Distinguished Correspondent
Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

you really should gove CoB another chance...

and i usually have like 20 books on hol but i dont have any book holds and im almost done with the rest of my books...im gonna read all the books i own but havent finisahed yet...

"He is bound to you,” said the Queen. “But does he love you?"
Frequent Contributor
Boleyn
0 Kudos

I never finished Uglies, I just found it boring and I couldn't get into it.

I didn't finish Impossible either because I had bought a bunch of new books that seemed much more fascinating.

Then there was Rose Madder by Stephen King, it was good and all I just was busy when I was reading it and I didn't have time to finish at the time and by the time I was able to read it again I wanted to move to something new.

"It’s dark now and I am very tired. I love you, always. Time is nothing."
Wordsmith
shygirlTB
0 Kudos

i never finished the immortals by alyson noel i read the first chapter and then it started to get boring so i stopped reading it

the clouds i can handle but i cant fight an eclipse
jacob black =)

Correspondent
thaisra
0 Kudos

I never finished Tantalize by [forgot the author], I am not sure why, I think maybe her style of writing wasn't of my liking.

Correspondent
thaisra
0 Kudos

I also never finished The Perks of Being a Wallflower

Frequent Contributor
Lee-Lee81
0 Kudos

Moby Dick- It...it didn't really get me. Like I didn't get hooked on it.

Journey to the Center of the Earth- I was only reading it until my book order came. Once I don't have any other books, I'll pick it up again. :3

Inspired Contributor
Its_tiffani_LOVE
0 Kudos

i wasnt able to finish extras the last uglies novel by scott westerfeld. i just couldnt, it was so terrible i tried really hard and got a little more than halfway but then i gave up. i also tried readiing the host but couldnt get into it.

Reader-Moderator
agnijay
0 Kudos

I know this is a really old classic, but HEIDI!

Also, I put down a Great and Terrible Beauty a long time ago, but I jus tpicked up again and finished it about 10 minutes ago, so now I like it. Yeah :smileyhappy:

☼☺♥ Jaya ♥☺☼

If we crawl/ Till we can walk again/ Then we'll run/ Until we're strong enough to jump/ Then we'll fly/ Until there is no end.
New User
MarissaLee
0 Kudos

I usually try to finish any book that I start, but I havent been able to finish Eragon (I'm not sure how that's spelled. sorry!). I got to page 60. And I know that's when it was just about to get good, but there are so many other books that sound more interesting. If anyone has read it and thinks I should try it again, please let me know. I don't like leaving books unfinished. Thanks!

~MarissaLee
Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

recenlty i cant seem to get into any good books...i just let them sit there until theyre do...

so i havent finished:

fallen

to wed a wicked earl

where are you now

dont tempt me

but eventually i will read them! hopefully...

Contributor
bookcrazyme
0 Kudos

I try to finish all books I read but some are just too boring or are eclipsed by other, more interesting books that I'm reading.  I tend to not finish the books that my school requires us to read, like Into the Wild (Jon Krakauer) and The Great Gatsby (Scott Fitzgerald)...but I might get around to finished Gatsby someday. Someday. And I stopped reading Beautiful Creatures (Kami Garcia/Margaret Stohl) because imho I didn't like Lena at all and Ethan was a sort of pushover. Maybe I'll get back to these and other ones after I deplete my enormous to-be-read pile!

B&N Bookseller
melissas
0 Kudos

I really liked the Looking Glass Wars books, but I couldn't get very far in Archenemy. It's a shame because I really want to know what happened.

Frequent Contributor
GEEna
0 Kudos

i never finished Fragile Eternity by Melissa Marr

not that her other books were all that great, but this one was just ridiculous

it was just way too boring and i felt like the more i read, the further i got to finishing

there ain't no rest for the wicked.
ALN
Wordsmith
ALN
0 Kudos

I attempted to read Fragile Eternity as well. I do plan on reading something later. I agree it started out boring. I did read Ink Exchange, but it took me longer than it usually would because it took me a while to get into it.

A book I could never finish is The True Meaning of Cleavage. It was just awful. I couldn't get past the first couple of chapters. It wasn't what I thought it would be. The name is just wrong. It's not a good name for a book, nor was the book cover. I should of known I wouldn't like it before I even opened it.

"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it. "
Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

ive been reading a lot latley...but it seems like out of every batch of books i get, i return or dont finish at least 1...ive had a book for like 2 months that should have interested me from the beggining...

i think the longer i have the book, the easier it is to put it on the back burner

Frequent Contributor
so_death_bye
0 Kudos

The books I never finished were

The ones we read as a class

In ele. School.

I have a pile for them.

Holes was made In to a movie so what The point.

Maniac magee I tried to read, but it faulted.

There are more.

I think I had The book

Devilish. In this pile read it

over The summer. Rocked my world.

I read The thing saying it all

about selling your soul for popularity.

Not my kind of thing, but I was proved

wrong.

What's Montague? It is nor hand nor foot,
Nor arm nor face, nor any other part
Belonging to a man. O be some other name!

What's in a name? That which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet
Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

My 4th 5th grade teacher would read holes to us at least once a year. I really liked that book when I was a kid (this was way before they came out with the movie) and recently went to go visit that teacher and she still reads holes to her class every year. The book is much better than the movie and well worth the time to read it.

Pages of Forbidden Love
http://pages-of-forbidden-love.blogspot.com/
Contributor
sammmisec
0 Kudos

I finish all the books i read now b/c i did not have my nook.  I know I sound like a complete idiot, but no joke.  I can not stay focused on anything if if it has nothing to do with technology.  I am a complete tecno geek.  If anyone else is please come forward.

Sammmisec
---}-@
purple_monkey
0 Kudos

I had to read a nonfiction book for english class. I never finished The Hiding Place. I think I got to page 97 before I had to turn it in to the library.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.