Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
michaela27
0 Kudos

Books You Read in School

So I'm just wondering what everyones favorite and least favortie books they've had to read for school are? And what are you reading now in school?

My least favorite I've ever read in school is The Pearl. its so boring

I think my favorite might still be The Outsiders which I read in 7th grade.

Right now I'm a sophomore and we're reading A Tale of Two Cities. its tough but not totally awful the stories alright.

Correspondent
thaisra
0 Kudos

Re: Books You Read in School

We just finished The Giver

B&N Bookseller
melissas
0 Kudos

My favorite was The Awakening by Kate Chopin (followed closely by Lord of the Flies by William Golding).

My least favorite was The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald.

Wordsmith
Golden_Reader12
0 Kudos

My favorite: A Seperate Peace

My least favorite: The Pearl

"There would be little reason to lie down at night without the possibility of seeing things bigger and more amazing than the average day might bring about. Why pick up a pen or type on a keyboard if there's no imagination or wonder left to behold?"
-pg 3 of Leven Thumps and the Wrath of Ezra
Correspondent
molie111
0 Kudos

Favorite: Flowers for Algernon and To kill a Mocking Bird

Didnt like Animal Farm, it was boring.

Right now we are reading The Scarlet Letter.

Wordsmith
J.R._BookWorm
0 Kudos

When I was in the 7th grade (i'm now a freshman in high school) my english class read 'The Outsiders' it was amazing!

In my english class right now we just read a short story called 'The Most Dangerous Game' it was also amazing!

lol! :smileyhappy:

I know later in the school year we're gonna read 'To Kill a Mocking Bird', 'Lord of The Flies', and other books....Are they anygood?.....

"I didn't have quite same...upbringing as my adopted siblings here. My begining was something else entirely."
Jasper
~Eclipse~
Correspondent
thaisra
0 Kudos

J.R._BookWorm wrote:

When I was in the 7th grade (i'm now a freshman in high school) my english class read 'The Outsiders' it was amazing!

In my english class right now we just read a short story called 'The Most Dangerous Game' it was also amazing!

lol! :smileyhappy:

I know later in the school year we're gonna read 'To Kill a Mocking Bird', 'Lord of The Flies', and other books....Are they anygood?.....

I read This is Now That Was Then(also by S.E Hinton) and "The Most Dangerous Game" in 6th grade, I am now in the 8th grade

Frequent Contributor
lydia1087
0 Kudos

My class is going to be reading Rainbow in the Rye

Inspired Contributor
Think-Im-Listening
0 Kudos

Worst book ever: Great Expectations by charles dickens

Best book: To Kill a mocking bird

"If your heart wears thin, I will hold you up, and I will hide you when it gets too much" -Mariana's Trench
Inspired Wordsmith
Vampires-and-Spongebob
0 Kudos

Worst Book: Hatchet by Gary Paulson

Best: Harry Potter

They haven't forced me to read any books at my school so far! Those were back in elementary school. Lol.

"Behold the male beast roaring in the jungle for his mate. See how the female beast giggles behind a shrub while she organizes her voice to say 'Pardon dear, did you say something?'"~Elphaba, Wicked, pg.102-103
Correspondent
Notjustphysical
0 Kudos

Worste: Huckleberry Finn and The salesman

Best: Holes hahaha! Long ago

~Love is a poison~