Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Wordsmith
wheeze

Books into Movies, your pick

So it seems that most good books these days are turning into movies??

What book do you want turned into a movie?:smileyhappy:

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."
— Marilyn Monroe
New User
shay12
0 Kudos

Re: Books into Movies, your pick

I personally don't think so many books should be turned into movies. I mean, it's not the same at all, and it's way shorter. ::smileywink:

tray:smileyhappy:
Frequent Contributor
writingirl_15
0 Kudos

I am a firm believer that books that turn into movies usually do not do the book justice. But I would love to see the Mediator series by Meg Cabot turned into a movie or tv series! I would love to see the words played out on a tv screen or a movie screen.

Correspondent
southrnbella
0 Kudos

i kinda like that some books arent made into movies because you can let your whole imagination run wild with characters, creatures, places and beyond...and when they make a movie your mind instantly becomes wrapped around what they invisioned...

but if i had to choose something...

wicked lovely series

mortal instruments series

Peace n Page Turners
http://live2lovebooks.blogspot.com/
Correspondent
b00kwerm
0 Kudos

writingirl_15 wrote:

I am a firm believer that books that turn into movies usually do not do the book justice. But I would love to see the Mediator series by Meg Cabot turned into a movie or tv series! I would love to see the words played out on a tv screen or a movie screen.

Ooooo!!! I agree!! I think that would make an interesting series. =]

Frequent Contributor
tgordillo92
0 Kudos

i think that the books are always better than the movie but i think the vampire academy series should be made into movies..i would just love to see the characters come to life and these are my favorite books.

Wordsmith
wheeze
0 Kudos

tgordillo92 wrote:

i think that the books are always better than the movie but i think the vampire academy series should be made into movies..i would just love to see the characters come to life and these are my favorite books.

Wonder if they could do a series on tv, or a movie? Seems its a split decision for vamp books!

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."
— Marilyn Monroe
Inspired Contributor
CrabbyCat
0 Kudos

wheeze wrote:

tgordillo92 wrote:

Wonder if they could do a series on tv, or a movie? Seems its a split decision for vamp books!

The movie rights have been optioned for the Vampire Academy series.  Here's a site that talks about it: http://www.reelzchannel.com/movie/280400/vampire-academy

the rocket summer 2 Pictures, Images and Photos
Frequent Contributor
tgordillo92
0 Kudos

hey thanks for the site..i read it on the vampire academy page 1st about the it being turned into a movie but you never know..im just crossing my fingers bcuz i love those books and if the guys are half as hott as the ones in twilight then i know im going to love the movie..lol

New User
Music_Friend_Lover
0 Kudos

i want to make Evermore into a movie. it would be AWESOME!:smileyhappy:

New User
bpf500
0 Kudos

I would love to see Secret Santa by Sabrina James. It would probaly be an awesome movie. For my English class this year I made a "fake" movie poster for the book and got to choose the actors who would play in the movie and it was fun. I really one day someone makes a movie out of this book!

~*Smile*~
Wordsmith
wheeze
0 Kudos

bpf500 wrote:

I would love to see Secret Santa by Sabrina James. It would probaly be an awesome movie. For my English class this year I made a "fake" movie poster for the book and got to choose the actors who would play in the movie and it was fun. I really one day someone makes a movie out of this book!

The book is on my TBR list!

I just finished book 1, and almost book 2 of The Hunger Games.. definitely needs to be a movie!

— Marilyn Monroe
Correspondent
pupdog96
0 Kudos

I would love to see along for the ride, the truth about forever, and just listen (all by sarah dessen) made into movies. The one, out of those three, that is on my top list to be made a movie is along for the ride just because a guy in the book, eli, sounds HOT! and i want to see who they choose for him. :smileyvery-happy:

“Instead of wishing you were someone else, be proud of who you are. You never know who has been looking at you wishing they were you.”
~unknown
Contributor
ravenclawraindancer
0 Kudos

The Wild Girls by Pat Murphy. 

It's been a favorite of mine since sixth grade. A little young for me now, I guess, but I still adore it. 

It think Disney Channel could do adaption (which is saying something, because all Disney Channel movies are horrible), if they didn't age up the characters or make them burst out in song every five minutes. But of course, it isn't nearly trendy enough. 

Goose Girl by Shannon Hale might make a good movie too.

Contributor
IBB15
0 Kudos

I definitely think the Hunger Games series should be turned into a movie. That would be awesome!! But they would have to be extremely good, because if not, the fans would be really disappointed. So the Hunger Games series, and I also think the Infernal Devices series should be turned into a movie also. Now that would be cool. But once again, it would have to be extremely awesome, and they would have to stick to the book. There are other movies too. I just think that as long as they don't screw up the movie and make it completely different from the book, that it'll be good.

$I AM WHO I AM$
Frequent Contributor
lev924
0 Kudos

Books that I think will be good movies are a remake of eragon, tigers curse,  beautiful creatures, inkspell, incarceron, enders game, the 39 clues, the power of six, a remake of the lightning theif, the red pyramid, elixir, the subtle knife, the pendragon series, the morepheous road, cloaked.

Distinguished Correspondent
Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

I am only a little over a hundred pages into beautiful creatures and i absolutely love it. i can already tell that it is five stars and i do not want the story to end any time soon(even thoguh i have like 300 pages left and there are sequals--still.)

"He is bound to you,” said the Queen. “But does he love you?"
Distinguished Wordsmith
SaraMariaa
0 Kudos

When books are made into movies they are never as good as the book. It sucks but that is the way it is :smileysad: I do think Gary Ross did a fantastic job on The Hunger Games movie it was amazing! And I would really like to see The House of Night series become a TV show. There are way to many of them to make movies. I would also like to see The Forest of Hands and Teeth, The Vampire Academy, and Shiver become movies :smileyhappy: Or TV shows!

“The books that help you the most are those which make you think the most.”