Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Correspondent
Ravenclaww
0 Kudos

Can you get the theme?

Sorry if I can't post it here but my senior year when I had chemistry, we had several projects to do to raise our grades. So after singing the element song at the speed, making a poster for a parody movie on chemistry and finding something scientific in the newspaper, I had one thing left. Write a poem about chemistry. But come on I mean I want to be a writer so why not write a poem USING chemisty. So there I am the day before it's due and all of a sudden I just start talking to myself and in five minutes I had exactly this;

Let me tell you a poem

About two people in love.

It was a heart-breaking tragedy,

But in the end a white dove.

There was a guy named antimony.

A girl named selenium.

They went together well,

Just like nitrogen and rhenium.

But the problem between these two

Is that she is from germanium

Unlike him,

Who's from the rival francium.

Further onto the story

We come to find out;

There is a little problem

And what it's about.

Selenium was destined

To marry oxygen.

But their love was just like water

Because of hydrogen.

The story goes on

Forever and ever

Until the very end

When things start getting heavier.

Selenium faked her death

With a little of neon

While antimony later

With some of xenon.

Selenium woke up

And found her lover dead.

She took some of the xenon

And was put on a deathbed.

This was a poem

About two people in love.

And forever they'll live,

In the heavens above.

Tell me what you guys think and if the element matches don't match SORRY! lol This was one of the few things I paid attention to.

TheSubtleChronicler.blogspot.com

Check it out :smileywink:
Inspired Wordsmith
random97
0 Kudos

Re: Can you get the theme?

it made me smile ;D
"I've been making a list of the things they don't teach you at school. They don't teach you how to love somebody. They don't teach you how to be famous. They don't teach you how to be rich or how to be poor. They don't teach you how to walk away from someone you don't love any longer. They don't teach you how to know what's going on in someone else's mind. They don't teach you what to say to someone who's dying. They don't teach you anything worth knowing."
Inspired Correspondent
Ravenclaww
0 Kudos

Lmao thanks xD

My chemistry teacher loved it and kept it. He has it on his wall and they put it in the school magazine and he entered it into this chemistry writing contest. Fourth place but better than nothing! xD

Inspired Correspondent
torusthetiger
0 Kudos

whoa thats awesome...i just took chemistry last year and i think thats just WAY TO COOL!!!

"but why's she got to go to the library?" -Harry
"because that's what Hermione does........When in doubt, go to the library." -Ron (chamber of secrets)
Inspired Wordsmith
random97
0 Kudos

torusthetiger wrote:

whoa thats awesome...i just took chemistry last year and i think thats just WAY TO COOL!!!

heck yaa it is! its also cool that you had fun projects, intead of boring essays that noone cares about. ugh, just in case you cant tell, i hate science.
"I've been making a list of the things they don't teach you at school. They don't teach you how to love somebody. They don't teach you how to be famous. They don't teach you how to be rich or how to be poor. They don't teach you how to walk away from someone you don't love any longer. They don't teach you how to know what's going on in someone else's mind. They don't teach you what to say to someone who's dying. They don't teach you anything worth knowing."
Inspired Wordsmith
Vampires-and-Spongebob
0 Kudos

He he he. That brightened my day with it's hilariousness!
"Behold the male beast roaring in the jungle for his mate. See how the female beast giggles behind a shrub while she organizes her voice to say 'Pardon dear, did you say something?'"~Elphaba, Wicked, pg.102-103
Inspired Correspondent
Ravenclaww
0 Kudos

Lol I know. I had two chemistry classes. I had one who was very organized and I liked it because everything was coded and all that and like it made things easier. They than transfered me into another class. This second one. It was just fun lol yet hard. But we got it pretty good like it was easier to remember cuz he made it fun. Ms. Mullen (first class) Mr. Cordero (second class) Pretty awesome teachers. 

xD Glad people like it haha

Distinguished Correspondent
Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

that was awesome...
"He is bound to you,” said the Queen. “But does he love you?"
Distinguished Correspondent
Kyleigh
0 Kudos

That totally just made my day.  Lol.  I want to show that to my Chem teacher!  Lol.  (I'm taking Chem 1 this year) 
"There are two types of people in this world. People who hate clowns...and clowns."
Inspired Wordsmith
twilight_fanatic_01
0 Kudos

Lol, this was very creative! Meh, I can't combine writing with other subjects...it's just too frustrating for moi xP
Correspondent
pupdog96
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

That is neat! I loved it!!!! :smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy::smileytongue:

I haven't taken chemistry yet. I don't think. nope. 

Message Edited by pupdog96 on 08-10-2009 11:32 AM
“Instead of wishing you were someone else, be proud of who you are. You never know who has been looking at you wishing they were you.”
~unknown
Inspired Correspondent
Ravenclaww
0 Kudos

I'm glad people like it xD Thanks haha

And Kyleigh, go ahead and show it lol. I am trying to get known around the world. Haha

Scribe
redheart52
0 Kudos

That was really good! I can't write like that at all...lol If my chemistry class had a writing contest then i might actually paid a bit more attenition to it. But great poem i liked the love story and how you incorporated the elements into it! Your so creative.
Inspired Correspondent
Ravenclaww
0 Kudos

Haha you just made my day with that last comment. It was actually one of those rare moments when you just do it. And then when you try again you can't. I hate writer's block lol.