Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
michaela27
0 Kudos

Catching Fire

so i just finished Catching Fire, i read it in like a day.  it was amazing, just like i thought it would be except even better!  and the way it ended, i cannot wait until the next one.  does anyone have any information on the third book and when it comes out?  i cant wait! and i really want katniss to end up with peeta and not Gale. i hope she somehow does.

Inspired Correspondent
Facepalm
0 Kudos

Re: Catching Fire

I just finished it, too, and I was really surprised with how good it was. I never thought it could be as good as the hunger games, but I may have been wrong! It was just filled with so many twists and moments that absolutely made my heart stop. *SPOILER ALERT* I swear if I hadn't been in school, I would've cried when she got the news about being in the next games- it was just so horrifying to me.

Anyway, TEAM GALE!!!!!!!

Gale is underappreciated.

team GALE, anyone?
Inspired Scribe
djaq
0 Kudos

*high five facepalm*

woohoo! team gale!! :smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy: i love gale! hes totally the best. lol.

but also i must say that i didnt like catching fire as much as i thought that i would! and for me that was sad.. i dunno what about it i didnt like.. but it was probably because the book wasnt as creative as the first one i thought..... cus it was sorta smiliar.. :-[    ... hmmn.. but other than that. i loved it!!! and i loved the ending!!! :smileyhappy:

***MAJOR SPOILER***

katniss... there is no district twelve......dun dun DUUHHH!!!!   lol..

yea so gale is like the best. i mean, peeta is ok.. but if i was katniss i would be like "i love u gale!!" :smileyhappy: especially that scene where gale kisses her..... :smileyhappy: awww that was so incredibly amazing. i was like melting when i read that! :smileyhappy::smileyhappy: so cute! ok so peeta is alright.. but gale just seems like .. better.. hah.......... hmmn.. no i dont wish that i was katniss cus then i would have to choose between the two.. so... id just be like some random person and be like "OY KATNISS!! go with Peeta!!!" and then i would steal gale away and we would all live happily ever affter! HOORAY! :smileyvery-happy: lol

"We could do pizza."
Frequent Contributor
michaela27
0 Kudos

lol ya SPOILER  i was SHOCKED when they said she would have to be in another hunger games it was just crazy.  i thought the book was awesome and it had a lot of unexpected twists, like katniss being in the games again and district 13?! i cant believe theres people there. the next ones going to be so good. and i like Gale to he's cool and sweet but idk i just really want her to be with Peeta. i hope he's ok!

Frequent Contributor
Himeko
0 Kudos

PEETA ROX MY SOX!!!!

Lol Team Peeta all the way ;D

But ya the book was awesome and I can't wait to find out whats hiding down in District 13 and why the Capital is covering for it.

Also am I the only one who's wondering why President Snow's breath smells like blood??

"Defying my will" is not a crime worthy of life in Azkaban and I should not tell that to the first years.

"In all of your acts, self-interest shall be cast away. Look and listen for the welfare of the whole people, and have always in view...the unborn of the future Nation" - The 13 Laws of the Great Peace
Inspired Scribe
djaq
0 Kudos

noo you are definatley not the only one who is wondering why his breath smells like blood.... ewww is he like a zombie who eats people??? aaaaaggghhh!!! but yeaa president snow is a total creeper!

"We could do pizza."
Frequent Contributor
michaela27
0 Kudos

i am like dying for the next book i cant wait to read it. anyone have any idea when it's going to be coming out?

Frequent Contributor
Himeko
0 Kudos

djaq wrote:

noo you are definatley not the only one who is wondering why his breath smells like blood.... ewww is he like a zombie who eats people??? aaaaaggghhh!!! but yeaa president snow is a total creeper!

Lol good to know I wasn't the only who caught that and was like WTF??! Seriously, I reread that sentence just to make sure I wasn't demented... I really hope the "good" President dies in the next book.. I can't really see there being a reform or whatever with President Snow still alive and kicking..

As for new ideas about the 3rd novel...well it beats me. But I know (and hope) Ms. Collins doesn't disappoint.

"Defying my will" is not a crime worthy of life in Azkaban and I should not tell that to the first years.

"In all of your acts, self-interest shall be cast away. Look and listen for the welfare of the whole people, and have always in view...the unborn of the future Nation" - The 13 Laws of the Great Peace
Distinguished Correspondent
emmagrace
0 Kudos

I read this book in a day. It was better than the first! I can not wait for the next installment! I hope Kat and Gale get together in the next book!

New User
toni123
0 Kudos

I loved how catching fire was. It seemed like every page i turned another surprise came up!!

I honestly want Gale and Katniss to get together. They've been trough thick and thin no matter what the situation was. True, in The Hunger Games, Peeta helped out when Katniss was starving but to be thrown into an arena and katniss only thought that it was an act anyway. Those feelings she has for Gale are true. Just like the feelings she had for her stylist

Frequent Contributor
Himeko
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

toni123 wrote:

I loved how catching fire was. It seemed like every page i turned another surprise came up!!

I honestly want Gale and Katniss to get together. They've been trough thick and thin no matter what the situation was. True, in The Hunger Games, Peeta helped out when Katniss was starving but to be thrown into an arena and katniss only thought that it was an act anyway. Those feelings she has for Gale are true. Just like the feelings she had for her stylist

Omg I totally forgot about Cinna!! I guess he's really dead huh..? What do you think happened to the rest of the prep team?? Or Peeta's stylist..?

But ya you do have a pretty good point about your whole Team Gale thing..

New User
Arielle29
0 Kudos

I'm in the middle of this book now. So far its really good!!!!!!