Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Wordsmith
Golden_Reader12
0 Kudos

Censored/Banned Books

Ok so I have to do a project on a censored book and I don't know which one to choose. I was thinking either Fahrenheit 451 or The Color Purple. What do you guys think?

"There would be little reason to lie down at night without the possibility of seeing things bigger and more amazing than the average day might bring about. Why pick up a pen or type on a keyboard if there's no imagination or wonder left to behold?"
-pg 3 of Leven Thumps and the Wrath of Ezra
Correspondent
MilkshakeLMS
0 Kudos

Re: Censored/Banned Books

Definitely the Color Purple.

" I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every moment of it."

Frequent Contributor
Craig_Dressler
0 Kudos

The Bible Has Been Banned

In a number of countries like Saudi Arabia and North Korea the Bible is banned.  In fact, it was almost illegal to carry a Bible in many public schools in the U.S. for a time.

http://christianbook2.webs.com/
Contributor
TatyyGirl
0 Kudos

I'm almost 100% positive that "The Catcher in the Rye" is banned in some places (like christian-based schools, i think)

Frequent Contributor
operasinger34
0 Kudos

Fahrenheit 451 is really boring, I had to read it for a book report. Oh and the Twilight and Harry Potter series are both banned at my school. 

Don't tell Emmett, but I love Kellan more.
Inspired Wordsmith
Morigami
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Lucky for me I don't really have any books that are banned from my school, well besides the some serious nasty books and the bible?  idk it is haha, but I'm not really surprised that the really nasty books are banned xD

Blog: http://booklover-bookchicks.blogspot.com/
Frequent Contributor
operasinger34
0 Kudos

I read a lot of books that if the teaches found out they would be banned. Christian fiction books are the only ones that would get approved all the time. I have tried reading them before, but they are so boring. All the characters are perfect. And no one is perfect so it is very boring.  I go to a Christian school so the Bible is not banned of course. 

Frequent Contributor
operasinger34
0 Kudos

oh I read Science Fiction/ Fantasy type of books. Thats why they prob would not approve them. 

Frequent Contributor
funwithfaith
0 Kudos

deb calittis the queen of everything, was banned, for idk wat, in texas schools wow she like is proud to be on that list because shakspeare and  jane austen are all on that list and stuff for no reason so go banned books!!! lol

"Books are the things that keep us inspired,content,and above all else happy"