Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
Baker
0 Kudos

Cirque du freak

Cirque du freak is a really great series. I thought that I wouldn't like the series because it had vampires in it. It turns out the books were really great. They made me want to read books about vampires. They aren't like the original thought out vampires but more mondern day type. These were actually the books that made me read twilight. So if you read this series please comment on how much you like it. Then I can show it to my friend so she'll read them.
Baker
Frequent Contributor
Memnochx
0 Kudos

Re: Cirque du freak

Yeah this series was so very good, it sucked that UK were up like 4 books before US got them. The 12 books were so good, and the ending was to bad.. what you should read Darren new series The Demonata. However, this series is more for YA lots of killing.. and horror.. so be warn this more darker then the Cirque du freak.

Memnochx
75MNK/37NIN
Photobucket
Contributor
becca15
0 Kudos

Cirque du Freak is my favorite book!!!!! I tried to read The Demonata series but it was not the same as Cirque du freak so I really did not like it.
New User
sunfun93
0 Kudos

OMG i love this series i have read all 12 of them i started reading them when i was in 5th grade they are non stop action! the ending to this series i hated it i cried my eyes out at the ending but i guess there was really no other way to end it without making Darren evil but yeah i cried alot also when Mr. Crypsley died has was my favorite character besides Darren of course.before i read these books i hated reading but after i fell in love with reading. this series is amazing i recommend it to both boys and girls.
New User
jennieloftin
0 Kudos

I loved Cirque Du Freak, but the ending really made me mad.
Frequent Contributor
Twilightlover13
0 Kudos

ive only read the first one but i totally luved it!!!!! my friend who has read all of them says they give u nightmares. Do they?
~ we could be a beautiful, miracle, unbelievable,... instead of just invisible...~

"I'm not that complicated.
My complications come out in my songs. All you have to do to be my friend is like me...
...and listen."
-Taylor Swift
Frequent Contributor
katull
0 Kudos

I LOVE THEM, and i actully liked the ending. I got the last book right when it came out and we were going on a plane the next day so I saved it for the ride and I was so awed by the ending I reread the last few chapters and I just stared at the book. I even got the lady who sat next to me to try reading them because she thought my reaction was great. I just started The Demonata series and I'm not sure what to make of it yet.. Im only a few pages in the first book, but the writing is different then Cirque du Freak...

"Some books should be tasted some devoured, but only a few should be chewed and digested thoroughly."
Inspired Contributor
krazywazy1901
0 Kudos

I loved this series!
Frequent Contributor
katull
0 Kudos

Has anybody heard about the movie? Its supposed to come out near the end of this year, it's on IMDb. I think the only casting I REALLY don't like so far is Mr. Crepsley, who is going to be played by John C. Reilly. 
"Some books should be tasted some devoured, but only a few should be chewed and digested thoroughly."
Contributor
Skulduggery-Lover
0 Kudos

I agree with u there. the cirque du freak series is SO awesome that i couldn't believe who they chose for mr. crepsley. HE'S MY FAVORITE CHARACTER!! im a bit disappionted. But LOVE the series :smileyvery-happy: LOVE IT!!!!
Inspired Contributor
krazywazy1901
0 Kudos

I heard tht there is going to be a movie!

But I'm still waiting on the trailers...

Inspired Wordsmith
Kierstin-Kayla
0 Kudos

There's a MOVIE?!
pain is inevitable. suffering is optional.
Contributor
Skulduggery-Lover
0 Kudos

yes yes yes rumor trailer might come out in feb

New User
0 Kudos

omg this is the best book ive ever read. the settings were detailed but not so detailed that it was boring. but had enough action to keep me hooked. and if your friend deosnt read it, then its their loss.