Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Correspondent
Kyleigh
0 Kudos

Re: City of Ashes!!! *spoiler alert*

No problemo!  Lol. 
"There are two types of people in this world. People who hate clowns...and clowns."
Inspired Contributor
chesca123
0 Kudos

No!! because if they are both valentines children they wont be able to be together and clary will end up being with this "sebastien" guy =/

But also theres the whole thing with Clary's mum "hiding information" from Valentine, that could have something to do with the whol clary/jace situation?

i want simon and maia to get together. ohhh i never realised...was it jace's blood that made him like that? haha

You guys SERIOUSLY have to tell me what happens when it comes out! I CANNOT wait four months!

Kyleigh
0 Kudos

Dude,  no.  That would totally ruin it!  you say that now, but then you'll be mad that you know what's going to happen already.  Lol. 

We'll tell you certain stuff, but I'm not gonna give it away.  Lol.  

"There are two types of people in this world. People who hate clowns...and clowns."
Frequent Contributor
Kichou
0 Kudos

I think the Mortal Instruments series is technically pretty good, but I've still got a hate on for Cassie Clare because of all the crap she pulled when she was still just a fanfiction author. :smileyindifferent:

I hope Jace is Valentine's son, actually. It'd just be silly to build up all the emo and drama about Clary/Jace and then quick-fix it!

"And Spring herself, when she woke at dawn, would scarcely know that we were gone." - There Will Come Soft Rains, by Sara Teasdale
Kyleigh
0 Kudos

Hey girl. Yes, it's technically good, and that's the only reason I continue to read them.  Lol.  That and I love Alec/Magnus.  They're just too darn adorable.  Lol. 

God.  Clary/Jace needs to die.  Or one of them does at least.  Preferably Jace..... such an arse.  

Frequent Contributor
Kichou
0 Kudos

Hey, you! :smileytongue:

Ugh, I hate Jace. I'll never understand what people find appealing about unrepentant jerks in leather pants.

"And Spring herself, when she woke at dawn, would scarcely know that we were gone." - There Will Come Soft Rains, by Sara Teasdale
Kyleigh
0 Kudos

I know!  He is such a conceited jerk!  I don't know why anyone would like him!  Not that Clary is any better.  Talk about leading Simon on.  God.  I don't hate her, just strongly dislike her.  Even if she is a younger version of Clare.  *rolls eyes*

Magnus however, is the awesomest character that there ever was.  I can't completely hate Clare, just because she made Magnus.  Lol.  Any guy with rainbow leather pants, spiky hair, glitter, piercings and cats eyes, is just plain awesome.  Lol.  

Inspired Scribe
carmen22
0 Kudos

chesca123 wrote:

ohhh i never realised...was it jace's blood that made him like that? haha

Yeah Simon is like that because of Jace's blood !!

"Bright colors, Vasher thought. I'll have to get used to those again. In any other nation, the vibrant blues and yellows would have been ridiculous on soldiers. This, however, was Hallandren: land of Returned gods, Lifeless servants, BioChromatic research, and - of course - color." Warbreaker By Brandon Sanderson
Frequent Contributor
Kichou
0 Kudos

Looks like Clary and Jace deserve each other, then! The younger-version-of-Clare thing is really annoying, tbh, but at least she's honest about it.

I don't think he's the best, but he is pretty darn fabulous. (...and now I want Magnus to somehow meet Mr. Visual Kei from Persona 2 wtfffff)

Kyleigh
0 Kudos

The dude who runs around wearing a ton of make up, but isn't gay?  Lol.  Dude, they'd be SUCH good friends.  Lol. 
Frequent Contributor
WaterLily
0 Kudos

I was wondering why it was such a big deal to Jace that Clary not go to the city of Glass.  Especially since she is going their to help her mom.  I hate waiting!!  17 days left!!
"In the end family is all that we have"
Contributor
Lyss44
0 Kudos

Well she did give us the cookies. and It's only days.  I've been waiting a long long time and it wont have been the first either.  My sugestion is entertain yourselves with lots of diffrent books or spend your days in the City of Glass chat rooms or being even more obbsessed do both plus read the books non stop.  Me I've done all of that and I have also loaned out the book so as not to mope. I love these books.  And getting hooked is always fun so just wait  oh and if you screamed while thinking of this book well you're not the only one. Oh sorry for all those people who have to wait longer I am so so sorry.Counting down the days...:smileyhappy:
-Truth never grows old-
Frequent Contributor
WaterLily
0 Kudos

My friend has to wait an extra two months to read it because she is in bootcamp.  Her sister and I were going to tease her with little sections we enjoyed while she is gone.
Kyleigh
0 Kudos

Oooo..  That cruel.  Lol. 
Inspired Contributor
chesca123
0 Kudos

awhh thats so mean! haha

i have to wait until july. i think i may order it over from the states or get a family member to post it.

Frequent Contributor
WaterLily
0 Kudos

yeah. only like 15 more days left!!
Inspired Contributor
chesca123
0 Kudos

how do you guys know som much about the characters (sebastien) etc..of the city of ashes already? i didn't even know that was his name

from her blogs?

Frequent Contributor
WaterLily
0 Kudos

She has a website.  Mortalinstruments.com and then her blogs and stuff give away a lot of her books well things going on anyway.
Correspondent
dholland08
0 Kudos

OMG, I love Jace!!! Considering his history of abuse during his childhood, it's not surprising that he can come off as obnoxious. But underneath he is really kind and noble. Jace is definitely my favorite character. If he and Clary don't get together I'll scream. I think Jace is an angel, considering that Clare's been  dropping so many hints. Only one more week of waiting!!!!!! I loved City of Ashes; it was even better than the first installment. Also, the prequel series looks awesome.
"Good. I was afraid for a moment that I'd killed you a bit too early."
"Waiting for a special occasion to kill me? Christmas is coming." :smileyhappy:
Inspired Contributor
chesca123
0 Kudos

I completely agree with you dhollan08.

Im just about to pre order mine. gahh 6 days left!