Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
Katmandu83
0 Kudos

City of Bones

Can anyone tell me if "City of Bones" and the rest of the series is worth actually reading?  I have read several chapters and don't know if it's really worth it or not.  Don't know if it's just starting off slow.  Thanks!

They've switched me - I used to be green, now I'm brown. I wanted my pills to match my eyes. Color me beautiful!

~House of Yes
Distinguished Correspondent
Luna93
0 Kudos

Re: City of Bones

i think it's worth reading. it dfinitly gets more interesting the farther into the book you get. :smileyhappy:
All I want is for you to be happy
And take this moment and make you my family
And finally you have found someone perfect
Finally you have found
~RHCP
Correspondent
dholland08
0 Kudos

I love City of Bones! Definitely worth it if you're into lots of action, some teen angst, and a little bit of romance.
"Good. I was afraid for a moment that I'd killed you a bit too early."
"Waiting for a special occasion to kill me? Christmas is coming." :smileyhappy:
Frequent Contributor
WaterLily
0 Kudos

I really enjoyed all three of them.  She also has and excerpt from the first book of her next series coming out next year.
"In the end family is all that we have"
Contributor
Katmandu83
0 Kudos

Thanks for the input!
They've switched me - I used to be green, now I'm brown. I wanted my pills to match my eyes. Color me beautiful!

~House of Yes
Contributor
angelscrest
0 Kudos

I didn't find it slow at all, but you know your own taste. I have read all 3 books of the Mortal Instruments series, am looking to the 4th book, and am also excited about the prequal to the series called The Infernal Devices:   http://www.theinfernaldevices.com/

Contributor
BooksLoverForever
0 Kudos

the entire series is awesome!!! I totally reccomend that you read them it will be totally worth it. i loved each book :smileyhappy:

Katmandu83 wrote:

Can anyone tell me if "City of Bones" and the rest of the series is worth actually reading?  I have read several chapters and don't know if it's really worth it or not.  Don't know if it's just starting off slow.  Thanks!

Stuffed deer heads on walls are bad enough, but it's worse when they are wearing dark glasses and have streamers in their antlers because then you know they were enjoying themselves at a party when they were shot.    -Ellen DeGeneres

Bibliophile
ZoeyRedbird
0 Kudos

I think it is definetely worth . Just jeep reading and you will see why everyone loves it so much. It is one of my favorite series that i have read.

Katmandu83 wrote:

Katmandu83 wrote:

"You have to dream before your dreams can come true."
Abdul Kalam
"What great thing would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?"
Robert H. Schuller

Frequent Contributor
bananasandGREENink
0 Kudos

definately in (atleast) my top ten favorite series- cant wait until the nxt book!!

i loved it but i thought the ending of the third book is a cliffhanger and then i found out there would b a fourth book:smileyhappy:

"Painting the roses red, and then a tear we'll shed. Because we know they'll seize to grow. Infact they'll soon be dead. And yet we go ahead, painting the roses red! Painting the roses red, we're painting the roses red.
*love alice in wonderland*
Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

its great! the first book iz amamzining!1!!

i finally got the final( kinda ) 2 books...city of ahes and city of glass from the library after 5 months, cant wait to read them!

"He is bound to you,” said the Queen. “But does he love you?"
New User
Leopardfire
0 Kudos

It's definitely worth it.  You should finish the books.  I must admit, the first chapter isn't the best, but it's really good : )

Cheyenne_Catina

i finished them( at least until citty of fallen angels) they are amazing, sincerely

i dont like paranormal stuff( werewolves, vampires, faires) but these book just hooked me in!

i cuoldnt put um down!!!

u should deff read umm

Wordsmith
YeLLoWmisT
0 Kudos

Hmmmm..... Haven't read that yet.... :-)

Hey guys, check this out:

http://www.storywrite.com/
It's cool! :smileyvery-happy:
New User
The_Fennec_Fox
0 Kudos

What's "city of fallen angels?" Is that a continuation of the series? Or were you referring to something else?

The Fennec
Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

yeah its a continuation of the mortal instruments- its simons story...

i also think the infernal devices will be god, cause really? magnus dressing without glitter...lol

New User
kajJK
0 Kudos

Yep! But, how could you not like the beginning? I was hooked from the start. It wasn't the best writing/story I've ever read, but It's number 3 on my list, and I've read a lot! So, yes, you'll be pleased and loooooove Jace (if you're a gal)

Inspired Contributor
KaylaNicole_MusicLover
0 Kudos

It is so worth it! i have only read the first, but i loved it, and just had to go out and get the next 2, i just sadly haven't had time since i got them to read them!

Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

i beleive its official- theyre goin to be movies...

or...i tihnk theyre combining them to one movie...

ALN
Wordsmith
ALN
0 Kudos

I loved all three books. I actually coudn't put the first one down, when I started to read it.

"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it. "
Contributor
brandi21
0 Kudos

I didn't know there was gonna be another book!!  I'm soo excited now!!

*Cohnstant Pandemonium*