Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

Re: Crescendo Discussion

retromom, I just finished Crescendo. What a cliffhanger? I am love this series. I like the characters.

I know what you mean. What is up with Nora's mom? I have some many questions and now we have to wait for the third book.

This is really good series.

I really enjoyed it and would recommend it.

ReadingPatti

Correspondent
retromom
0 Kudos

I too am hooked on this series, Reading Patti!  I was shocked seeing it is not my usual genre. I recommend this series also. I found the book hard to put down.

Beth

http://bookaholicmom.blogspot.com/
Contributor
Krickett2432
0 Kudos

I hope it's not too late to post on this discussion board.  I had to read "Hush Hush" before reading "Crescendo," and I do think it's made a big difference in the enjoyment of this second book.  I'm not surprised that there was conflict between Nora and Patch--you have to have a story right?  And they do have lots of difficulties to work through.  I was really intrigued and particularly loved the dream seqence that ended with the recognition of Marcie's dad.  I think it would have been great had the author extended that a little more.  I'm hoping for more of those dream sequences as I go along.  It's hard to think of Patch as a "good" guardian angel, when he was the bad angel before.  I'm sure he's not happy with his new position, and is working on something.  Looking forward to continuing the story...

Contributor
DudesMama
0 Kudos

Finished!!! Oy, now I have to wait for the next one!!!! Very cool story. I love how even though she is pulled towards him, she still tries to make up her own mind. :-)

Frequent Contributor
quiltedturtle1
0 Kudos

I thought this was a good story, but think that the reader should read Hush Hush before reading this one. If not, the story lines could be confusing. This one jumped around a lot more than Hush Husg. I was happy to see how some of the other characters become more dimensional.

Contributor
Brooke_Lynn_G
0 Kudos

Readin Patti! WASNT THE CLIFFY A HEARTBREAKER!!!!

how the heck are we gunna survive a whole year!!! ah!

and i read on Becca's site that its the last in the series :smileysad:

Brooke-Reports.blogspot.com
Contributor
SageStellone
0 Kudos

Brooke_Lynn_G wrote:

I just check her website. The third installment is coming out Fall of 2011. It's going to be calledTempest. I cannot wait!!!

Inspired Contributor
Sailor_Bonz
0 Kudos

SageStellone wrote:

Brooke_Lynn_G wrote:

I just check her website. The third installment is coming out Fall of 2011. It's going to be calledTempest. I cannot wait!!!

I just want to let you know that she is changing the title. Check it out...

http://www.fallenarchangel.com/

"Is this the part where you start tearing off strips of your shirt to bind my wounds?"
"If you wanted me to rip my clothes off, you should have just asked."
— Cassandra Clare (City of Bones)
New User
immortalAnGel00
0 Kudos

That is how I felt when I finished the book!!!

New User
LadyRysuka
0 Kudos

I got this book the first day it came out and finished it in 3 days, I can't wait for the next one!

Frequent Contributor
Nataliaxsummer
0 Kudos

I LOVED this book but i hate the cliffhanger!

gotta love Jace!
Correspondent
wyntermoon
0 Kudos

retromom wrote:

I too am hooked on this series, Reading Patti!  I was shocked seeing it is not my usual genre. I recommend this series also. I found the book hard to put down.

I agree as well that it is not what I used to read......I find that the characters really come to life and I fell instantly in love LOL with Patch.....is he a good guy or bad guy?? I love the way she keeps throwing things in there about him that makes a person wonder.....I love the writing style and mystery of the book....I am hooked and cannot wait for the third book....

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

wyntermoon , Glad you found The "Crescendo" discussion..So Good..I know we are waiting for Becca's next which is Called "Silence" last time she posted on twitter  if you haven't been too......                www.fallenarchangel.com   Thats where all News is About the Series. and other News....The link should bring you there... I signed up as "fallen.." .

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
Correspondent
wyntermoon
0 Kudos

Vermontcozy said:

wyntermoon , Glad you found The "Crescendo" discussion..So Good..I know we are waiting for Becca's next which is Called "Silence" last time she posted on twitter  if you haven't been too......                www.fallenarchangel.com   Thats where all News is About the Series. and other News....The link should bring you there... I signed up as "fallen.." .

Thank you!! I am a bit late at finding the discussion, but I'm still new to the whole thing and it will take time to learn everything.....

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

wyntermoon wrote:

Vermontcozy said:

Thank you!! I am a bit late at finding the discussion, but I'm still new to the whole thing and it will take time to learn everything.....

There is always something new on BN..I remember when I first signed up..and Still  are learning new tricks so to speak.. now...We might be lucky to have Becca back when her new book is  released..

Correspondent
wyntermoon
0 Kudos

wyntermoon wrote:

Vermontcozy said:

There is always something new on BN..I remember when I first signed up..and Still  are learning new tricks so to speak.. now...We might be lucky to have Becca back when her new book is  released..

Yes there are a lot of posts I will have to get through and so little time to do it.....thanks for the patience LOL.....that would be awesome if Becca comes bqack when her new book is released.....I hope she does so I can be here to experience what it is like to have her here....awesomeness....

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

wyntermoon wrote:

wyntermoon wrote:

Vermontcozy said:

Yes there are a lot of posts I will have to get through and so little time to do it.....thanks for the patience LOL.....that would be awesome if Becca comes bqack when her new book is released.....I hope she does so I can be here to experience what it is like to have her here....awesomeness....

wyntermoon...That would be Amazing if Becca Joins us when 'Silence" comes out..So many questions...Glad it became a Trilogy....Apparently was it Jason? Who we are kind of in the dark about?  Becca did post on twitter about a contest for His Journals..a while back...But she never gives us any hints,,,,Then you can meet her..She is very open  I like her website too,If I really want any news about Becca I go to www.simonandschuster.com   then find her page and go to her website...Sunny  But still digging out in VT...Susan

New User
KBowdry

I love this series...I can't wait for the new one coming out in the Fall.

New User
Gibson_0323
0 Kudos

The Paul Sweeney made a great point!

New User
Gibson_0323

Crescendo Discussion

Wait till you all read the entire series! I just finished the third book not to long ago. I loved the series from start to finish.