Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Wordsmith
BeeZnEEz101
0 Kudos

Delirium by Lauren Oliver Discussion

Get ready to gasp! I didn't like this book at all. Not one bit. The writing was good. That's it but the book wasn't as good as Before I Fall or any other book I've read this year.

Some of the things I didn't like

-the main character was so unlikable and annoying, blehhh

-the whole symptoms of falling in love were surprising to me-dry mouth?

-Oliver never explained why and when they decided love was a disease

-the whole relationship with Alex and Lena wasn't as intense as some other characters and they decided they liked each other way too quickly

-Alex wasn't even a male character that I can say I'd want to date, not one thing special about him, he's just nice

-not one action scene...whoop de doo a chase scene. How exciting! Not.

-The things in the novel that were intended as shockers were all guessed or just genuinely not very surprising by me

-The way the main character complains about her height so much aggravates me so much

-Hana-the rich girl who is also tall and blonde who Lena is jealous of because she's so pretty-a little too stereotypical

Distinguished Scribe
SandraPants
0 Kudos

Re: Delirium by Lauren Oliver Discussion

I am not gasping.  I didn't like it either, but I think that's because I love dystopians and as a result, I've read many that surpass this one in quality.  My favorite thing about the whole book was the cover, lol.

Delirium

Spelling is for "loosers."
http://sandrathenookworm.blogspot.com/
Distinguished Wordsmith
BeeZnEEz101

Haha I forgot to mention that! I like the cover too. A lot of books these days have really pretty covers that contain sucky stories(jk about second part). 

Bibliophile
ZoeyRedbird
0 Kudos

I own this book and haven't read it yet, but I am still hopeful and will read it sometime! I really love the cover and the story sounds great! I also loved Lauren Oliver's debut novel Before I Fall and loved it, so I'm hoping to love Delirium also! =)

"You have to dream before your dreams can come true."
Abdul Kalam
"What great thing would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?"
Robert H. Schuller

Correspondent
LuvNStuff
0 Kudos

I loved this book :0)

Distinguished Scribe
SandraPants
0 Kudos

Zoey - Most people loved this book, so you probably will too, it just wasn't as good as some of my past reads and I was disappointed with how it ended. 

Bibliophile
ZoeyRedbird
0 Kudos

Sandra- I hope I like it! =) And yeah once you read so many good books its sometimes hard to like the just okay ones.

Abdul Kalam
Robert H. Schuller

Distinguished Wordsmith
BeeZnEEz101
0 Kudos

It sounds good. The cover looks good. You start reading it and you hope it gets good. You finish reading it and you're just disappointed.

Distinguished Scribe
SandraPants
0 Kudos

Yeah BeezNeez, I felt the same way, but Zoey, I'm still hoping for you!  I mean, a lot of people really did love it, so maybe you won't have to be disappointed!  :smileyhappy:

Bibliophile
ZoeyRedbird
0 Kudos

That's what I'm hoping! I guess we'll see!

Abdul Kalam
Robert H. Schuller