Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Correspondent
AlmH
0 Kudos

Diary of a Teen Prodigy: The College Life

DIARY of a TEEN PRODIGY  

Right now I’m at M.I.T. just finishing celebrating my 16th birthday and I’m swamped with having to develop a new technology for the world, trying to maintain a love life with my boyfriend Zai Robinson who is back home in Chicago; my cousin Penelope who secretly is having my boyfriend’s best friend’s baby has just been taken hostage on the campus of John Hopkins Medical School where she’s a first year medical student.  My best friend Rain has just been informed that her grandfather died and she has to give up college in New York City to move back home to take over and run the family business. Then if that isn’t enough wow the other golden boy gets a mail-ordered bride straight from South Korea and then kicked out of his home and disinherited from his father’s empire leaving him homeless and penniless; and I just learned that my sperm donor from the repository just may be a professor from my college and mentor at M.I.T.  Like I said, who has time to be chased down by a pack of flesh eating vampires, werewolves and monsters?  Just living everyday life as a normal teenager is scary enough and life is proving to be never what you expected. And that whole destiny thing; it doesn’t need an appointed time. It’s always happening as you live your life from day-to-day. So get busy living or get busy dying as I’ve often heard said from my mom’s favorite movie The Shawshank Redemption. Let’s begin.

Disclaimer:

This is not a story about vampires, werewolves, little green-bluish monsters from a far away distant galaxies chasing, hunting and killing off teenagers who are hiding out here on earth until some appointed time with destiny. Nor is this the love story of a regular girl or boy in love having a paranormal love affair with someone whose life depends on having to snack off of her/him. Ha, ha; my life is much more complicated than that. Hi, I’m Nevada Tate and you may have read the first two parts of my story about how my life suddenly changed when I transferred to middle America high school Central High and met the four most popular and richest guys in the school collectively known as: The Golden Boys of Central High. Btw…. The world won’t come to a sudden end if we don’t grow up; cuz growing up isn’t exactly optional.

Therefore you are familiar with me a normal 15 year old girl being entrapped with a mind comparative to Einstein with a fondness and flair for fighting. I think someone described me as the great-granddaughter of Al Capone and Albert Einstein? Yup that’s me. Daisy (that’s my mom) wasn’t fond of traditional marriage and relationships just weren’t working for her, so she decided to pay a visit to a sperm bank; only it wasn’t a regular sperm bank.  It was a repository made up of strictly sperm that had been donated by Nobel Prize Laureates and thus I was born: Nevada Tate child prodigy and martial arts extraordinaire.

eBooks by Alm Hlgh

http://productsearch.barnesandnoble.com/search/results.aspx?store=book&ATH=Alm+Hlgh
Distinguished Correspondent
Cheyenne_Catina

Re: Diary of a Teen Prodigy: The College Life

this sounds good!

"He is bound to you,” said the Queen. “But does he love you?"
Correspondent
AlmH

Re: Diary of a Teen Prodigy: The College Life

Actually Cheyenne, it got a couple of really great reviews... But most importantly the readers seemed to have gotten what I was hoping they would from the series... If you don't mind I will share a small portion of the quote (it can be view on Smashwords site)

"I loved the 3 volumes. To be honest, I really was connected to the characters they felt like real people to me and that made this story so special... This story is one of the best online stories ever.... From this story I learned many things such as growing up is hard but not impossible. Also, this story taught me the importance of the family and friends... The Golden Boys were so cool and true friends... Nana and Rain’s friendship was awesome..."  

This was only an excerpt of the review, but this reader seemed to captured what so many other readers were saying to me best; and it made me so proud to be the author of this work.  :smileyhappy:

eBooks by Alm Hlgh

http://productsearch.barnesandnoble.com/search/results.aspx?store=book&ATH=Alm+Hlgh
Correspondent
AlmH
0 Kudos

Taming The Golden Boys: The Paperback

I am happy to share that my book 

Taming the Golden Boy   has also qualified for the contest. You can view it here:  http://www.getontheshelf.com/product/2403/Taming-The-Golden-Boys:-

I sincerely hope that we can count on you to not only go back on March 7th, 2012 to vote for our entry but also to pass the word out to your friends and family for us... We can definitely use all the prayers and votes we can get....

I was the Creative Director and Producer behind Jirehis promotional Video for  snoo

Snoops, Clues and Boos   that won him a place in the "get on the shelf" contest that Walmart is having. visit here:  http://www.getontheshelf.com/product/1736/Snoops,-Clues-&-Boos

eBooks by Alm Hlgh

Correspondent
AlmH
0 Kudos

Re: FREE

Taming The Golden Boys Of Central High 

Volume 1 is now free for nook because as Nevada Tate would say, "Growing up is hard, not impossible"

~~~~Snippet:

Nevada Tate smirked as she watched her mom Daisy explaining to the secretary why her 15-year old daughter who should be registering as a sophomore was actually being registered as a senior; especially when reviewing her school record that was stamped liberally several times in several different places in BIG BOLD RED LETTERS:  EXPULSION! EXPULSION! EXPULSION! SUSPENSION! PROBATION! PROBATION! EXPULSION! (continued on back) EXPULSION! SUSPENSION! SUSPENSION! EXPULSION! EXPULSION! And that was just this year.

The secretary looked at Daisy a little suspiciously; as if she were trying to put one over on her.  Reviewing Nevada's record she saw nothing but Honors and AP courses and even two skipped grade levels.  The secretary looked past Daisy’s shoulder at Nevada and then back at the oddly dressed woman before her. 

"I mean come on Mrs. Tate the two just don't add up?  According to these records you've got Einstein on one hand and Al Capone’s great-granddaughter on the other hand..."  The secretary cautiously looked over at Nevada again. 

She smiled and then said,

"Hi, I'm Einstein, Al Capone’s great-granddaughter..."

eBooks by Alm Hlgh