Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Wordsmith
Golden_Reader12
0 Kudos

Do you ever feel like you will ever reach the end of your "to read list"?

I am overwhelmed by the books I have left to read, I mean don't get me wrong its not an bad thing, but i just feel like i will never finish all the books i want. i can't even walk into a bookstore anymore because i know i'll walk out with more of them. does anyone else have this problem?

"There would be little reason to lie down at night without the possibility of seeing things bigger and more amazing than the average day might bring about. Why pick up a pen or type on a keyboard if there's no imagination or wonder left to behold?"
-pg 3 of Leven Thumps and the Wrath of Ezra
Contributor
ravenmc123
0 Kudos

Re: Do you ever feel like you will ever reach the end of your "to read list"?

I feel that way all the time, like you finish a book and t hing your done but your not and you just find another book to read and than another, etc. I don't that that will ever stop.

Inspired Correspondent
bookrooted
0 Kudos

i feel overwhelmed too sometimes; but its good to know when i get home (or anywhere i go) i will always have something to read Lol(:

----------------------------------------------
Inspired Wordsmith
Morigami
0 Kudos

I agree. I mean it's nice tohave something always to read so I dont get bored with my life and yes when i walk into a bookstore i can never ever buy just one. I have the biggest list I have ever had in my whole life right now and it's kill me xD I dont think I will ever ever ever finished it :smileytongue:

Blog: http://booklover-bookchicks.blogspot.com/
Frequent Contributor
michaela27
0 Kudos

I know I will never reach the end of the list. I've come to terms with it lol. My list is like infinite because every time i come on here or go to the book store I add on to it.  Lol theres like little lists all over my room with book titles to read written on them.  but its a good thing i agree

Correspondent
Book_Girl14
0 Kudos

I have this problem bad! I like to go on the local library website to check my return dates, but I seem to add 2 books to my "to read list" everytime! Also I can't even walk into a book store for a school book without walking out with at least 3 books (not related to school)! I think I need someone to walk around with me and throw something at me anytime I try to get a new book even though I have 10 waiting..I just hope they don't throw a book at me or else I just may read it! :smileyhappy:

Correspondent
iluvhersheys_andbooks
0 Kudos

Never!!!! lol Since whenever I go to Barnes and Noble and buy some books I can check off my list, I go to amazon and I look on my reccomendation page and I just add much more books than I took off!!!

www.blackandblueink.blogspot.com ------- Funnest Place on Earth...well to me!!!
Wordsmith
Golden_Reader12
0 Kudos

I've tried to fix this problem by reading like four books at once and that doesn't even help most of the time. Plus homework and life gets in the way. the only real problem i have with it is that i'm running out of room for my books and i have a huge "to get" list lol

"There would be little reason to lie down at night without the possibility of seeing things bigger and more amazing than the average day might bring about. Why pick up a pen or type on a keyboard if there's no imagination or wonder left to behold?"
Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

Book_Girl14 wrote:

I have this problem bad! I like to go on the local library website to check my return dates, but I seem to add 2 books to my "to read list" everytime! Also I can't even walk into a book store for a school book without walking out with at least 3 books (not related to school)! I think I need someone to walk around with me and throw something at me anytime I try to get a new book even though I have 10 waiting..I just hope they don't throw a book at me or else I just may read it! :smileyhappy:

If you think having 10 books waiting is bad you should see my books. I have 60 books that I havent read yet on my shelves and another 10 books on my Nook. On top of all that I have a list of 150 books (and growing) that I want to own.

Pages of Forbidden Love
http://pages-of-forbidden-love.blogspot.com/
Inspired Wordsmith
Morigami
0 Kudos

Lexa555 wrote:

Book_Girl14 wrote:

If you think having 10 books waiting is bad you should see my books. I have 60 books that I havent read yet on my shelves and another 10 books on my Nook. On top of all that I have a list of 150 books (and growing) that I want to own.

haha I have over 200 books I wanna get and ever day I add 10 more (maybe more then 10 sometimes) to my list. It's getting nuts. I am lucky I can finish the books I want for my first 100 by the end of school year. I can't even amagine how many I will have by the summer.

Inspired Correspondent
bookrooted
0 Kudos

i add to mine all the time!

sometimes i have to avoid libraries knowing i will just break & get more than i can read!

so i make a plan haha and just read two at the same time & try to just concentrate on the books im reading

i cant wait for weekends, spring break, and summer! reading time! especially spring break/summer

Inspired Wordsmith
Morigami
0 Kudos

=D yeah I know. Breaks are awesome.

I just had a winter break last week

=( I wish it didn't go so fast but anyway xD

I read 4 books in the week and it was AWESOME!

The ones I finished were: hush, hush, Fallen, Gone, and Thirst 2

Awesome books and that was like awesome vacation =P 

Inspired Correspondent
bookrooted
0 Kudos

my last winter break was in december, for christmas& new years

i got through a good chunk of books(;

but yeah breaks are saviors Lol

my next one is in a few weeks, finally!

Distinguished Correspondent
Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

nope. im 98% sure i will never reach the end of my lists.lolz

"He is bound to you,” said the Queen. “But does he love you?"
Frequent Contributor
korts
0 Kudos

i have so many books i want to read.  sometimes i feel overwhelmed but i guess i will never be bored.  the other thing is as we get older and our interests change our book list will change.  it will change so i guess i will never get to the end of my book list and the day i do i will be bored!!  haha!

Correspondent
Book_Girl14
0 Kudos

Book_Girl14 wrote:

LexieVamp wrote: 

Lexa555 wrote:
 haha I have over 200 books I wanna get and ever day I add 10 more (maybe more then 10 sometimes) to my list. It's getting nuts. I am lucky I can finish the books I want for my first 100 by the end of school year. I can't even amagine how many I will have by the summer.

Yes that is very extreme! If only I had 10 books to read! I meant 10 books that I have just bought like in a week! LOL Of course at Barnes and Noble! My list of "to read" grows bigger at the minimum of 5 each day! But that's OK I love to read...it's awesome to know that I will always have something to read!:smileyhappy:

Correspondent
SpunkiiReader
0 Kudos

If you think having so many book sitting around that you still havent read is bad. I have gotten so many (like more than 100) books for the nook I dont even have yet! but I have a very good notion that its coming for my bday in March. plus like 200 or so books on my "wish list"  Once I get my nook you wont be able to separate me from it!

ALN
Wordsmith
ALN
0 Kudos

I am the exact same way. I tend to add more to my list than I actually check off. I read fast, but my list of to read never seems go down.

"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it. "
Wordsmith
Golden_Reader12
0 Kudos

Maybe we all need some kind of support group lol like BAA- Bookaholics Anonymous :smileyvery-happy:

ALN
Wordsmith
ALN
0 Kudos

Yes we do need a support group lol!

"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it. "