Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Correspondent
bookrooted
0 Kudos

Re: Don't like Twilight

i used to really love this series, but when the movie came out and the crazy fan base just went well crazy&annoying, it kinda brought the series down for me a bit

----------------------------------------------
Inspired Wordsmith
Morigami
0 Kudos

I think everyone did love Twilight saga at one point in their life. I mean come on you're telling me you have never liked Twilight saga at all? I did like Twilight Saga once but I just can't now because 1) My whole family hates it and I just feel out of place 2) The screaming fans. O well =P

Blog: http://booklover-bookchicks.blogspot.com/
Frequent Contributor
Serenity_
0 Kudos

LexieVamp wrote:

I think everyone did love Twilight saga at one point in their life. I mean come on you're telling me you have never liked Twilight saga at all? I did like Twilight Saga once but I just can't now because 1) My whole family hates it and I just feel out of place 2) The screaming fans. O well =P

My whole family doesn't like twilight, and they constantly make fun of it, but thats their opinion and I am not going to stop liking something just because my family doesn't like it.  That would be like not liking chocolate because my whole family hates it.  Why stop liking something because the majority of the people around you don't like it? I understand not wanting to be associated with the screaming fans, but so what a few fans go crazy. If you don't like them then don't go to midnight primers, or midnight release parties. Do you really not like twilight, or do just not want to be judged for liking it?
"There is no great writing, only great rewriting."
-Justice Brandeis
Inspired Contributor
smaria
0 Kudos

when i first read twilight i really liked it, i read the whole series and thought it was really good. but when the movie came out and everyone was going crazy about it my interest started to fade. No offense but its annoying when everyone goes crazy about it. Twi-hards? what kind of name is that for fans? i mean dont get me wrong i like the series..but not the fame that came along with it.

Inspired Correspondent
CharlieG31
0 Kudos

I have read the books and believe that even though the storyline may be good the books are not that well written are characters from time to time become very cliche, I believe that most people hate twilight not because of the books but because of the fans who seem to have gone crazy with the books and movies which is why so many people including myself are annoyed with twilight lol.

"The questions are more essential than the answers."
Karl Theodor Jaspers

New User
booklover3197
0 Kudos

I think that the whole twilight saga sparked all the vampire books. Now all I can see are those vamp books!

Contributor
Felidae_Evol
0 Kudos

I didn't like it either. I like vampires and I will read a romance every now and again even if they are not my favorite but the series just wasn't structured maturely as a story.

To be honest I only read part of the first book then put it away. Later people tried to encourage me to read it but the story was so predictable that I told them what I thought would happen in the series. Next few books later and I had hit everything head on and some people said they should have just listened to me instead of spending the money on the books.

A lot of books have predictibility in them but the amount in the Twilight series was just too much for me to read it all.

Another thing I did not like about the book was the characters. They lacked real personality and they were just as predicitable as the plot-line! It really just wasn't that great of a book. It would be an okay story for the sites like Quizilla and such but for a published book and the amount of attention it received I feel like it should have been written more maturely.

"My life is essentially a series of embarrassing incidents strung together by telling people about those embarrassing incidents." - Russell Brand
ALN
Wordsmith
ALN
0 Kudos

booklover3197 wrote:

I think that the whole twilight saga sparked all the vampire books. Now all I can see are those vamp books!

It did not start it. There were other books out there about vampires before Twilight came out. Like The Sookie Stackhouse series, it came out in 2001, and Thrist NO.1, the books in that series came out in the mid-nineties. I don't like Twilight but I do like some other books about vampires.
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it. "
Frequent Contributor
BooksMakeMeSmile
0 Kudos

I love the twilight series and i see nothing wrong with the screaming fans! im not one of them but if u like the movie you should be able to join things like fan bases about it. Twilight is awesome! The movies and the books. I think theyre waaaaaay better than those stupid harry potter books. I like the plot and the characters! 

success is 1 percent inspiration and 99 percent perspiration.

Decreasing worldsuck one day at a time!
Super Potterhead and Mega fan of Percy Jackson
Scribe
JdiennoPSU
0 Kudos

bookworms4eva wrote:

I love the twilight series and i see nothing wrong with the screaming fans! im not one of them but if u like the movie you should be able to join things like fan bases about it. Twilight is awesome! The movies and the books. I think theyre waaaaaay better than those stupid harry potter books. I like the plot and the characters! 

success is 1 percent inspiration and 99 percent perspiration.

I like the books too!!!! But they will never be 1% of Harry Potter... just saying

- JJ

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.

FACT: Childhood cancers are the #1 disease killer in children - more than asthma, cystic fibrosis, diabetes, and pediatric AIDS combined.
Contributor
ali_catt
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I totally agree with you. I did like it at first, but then came the movie and all this other stuff, and then as you said, it became to popular.

you make my headlights burst from witnessing your utter radiance
~K
Contributor
Molly1218
0 Kudos

I think that the Twilight saga is well-written and has a very good plot that a reader can immerse him/herself in.

So why do I not like it?

Twilight was good.  When the movie came out, however, and people were screaming over Edward's sparkliness or Jacob's abs, it kind of killed the enjoyment for me. 

The movies just weren't up to par with the series and I now have no desire of ever reading it or watching the movies again.

And yes, vampire books did exist before Twilight, but Twilight kicked off a HUGE revolution of vampire romance books.  Now, 1 out of every 2 books I see in a bookstore is the story of a mythical romance. Namely vampires.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, and that is mine.

New User
superindiekid
0 Kudos

I read all the books. Right around the time the movie came out, so I can't say I'm one of the people that liked it before the huge craze. I think the books are ok, but they don't necessarily deserve the mania that surrounds them now. I think they're fairly average books, nothing spectacular. I'm mostly annoyed because Twilight and vampires seem to have taken over the world. Last time I walked into Barnes & Noble, they had a table covered with Twilight stuff. Even Twilight chocolate. And now some publisher has come out with Twilight-themed editions of Pride and Prejudice, Wuthering Heights, and Romeo & Juliet (there's a sticker on Wuthering Heights that says 'Edward & Bella's favorite book - ughhhhhh!). But, I suppose that might get Twilight fans to read better books, so that could be a good thing :smileyhappy:

Contributor
_book_worm_69
0 Kudos

i honestly didnt even finish the book. i got past the first book in Breaking Dawn, but I couldn't tell u netting about it and I don't even remember Eclipse. The movies are not that great either, twilight did the book no justice, neither has the others. i seriously doubt i will finish the series. and the soundtracks to the movie are absolutely HORRIBLE!! hollywood has taken this series and turned it into nothing but a hype, vampires DNT "sparkle". and another thing that makes me furious, is all these "new" vampire books coming out with the similarity of twilight. Too many new books, follow the writing style, the story line, or sumthing about the twilight series. i mean get over the hype, and find another series to read.

Proud Mother and Wife!!
Inspired Contributor
LittleDiva
0 Kudos

Personally that's of ones opinion, you can hate dislike LOVE whatever you choose. I would just like someplace to talk about all but apparently I can't do that here seeing as A LOT of you don't care for it, yes I can be opinionated, but at the same time I'm not going to judge anyone who does like or doesnt.like it. Personally I LOVE It. I am with edwardandbella.com and could talk my sister's ear off all night instead of sleeping, that Edward and Bella are meant to be! Jacob is just apart of the plot to 'Give it a twist' is that the twist your looking for? 'cause there it is. Even if you don't believe me this is one of the greatest love stories of all time and I have millions of people to back me up! So if you have any other questions please keep them nice 'cause this is a very sensitive subject for me and a lot of other Twilighters.

Love,

LD

Twilight.

One Day I'll catch the golden snitch.