Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Wordsmith
Vampires-and-Spongebob
0 Kudos

Dudes! Michael Jackson is Dead! Really!

M.J. died a few hours ago from cardiac arrest. They couldn't revive him! I can't believe it!
"Behold the male beast roaring in the jungle for his mate. See how the female beast giggles behind a shrub while she organizes her voice to say 'Pardon dear, did you say something?'"~Elphaba, Wicked, pg.102-103
Distinguished Correspondent
BLUEICEGAL
0 Kudos

Re: Dudes! Michael Jackson is Dead! Really!

i read about him being rushed to the hospital, but ur not serious right.... where did u hear it?
Wanna know the awesomeness that is moi??? movies, artists, gossip and the latest reviews of your fav books not to mention my upcoming twilight parody that i am currently working on is all here folks!! @ My Blog Fantasy4eva spread the word girls :smileyhappy:
Fantasy4eva
Inspired Wordsmith
Vampires-and-Spongebob
0 Kudos

I'm serious as serious can be! Read this if you don't believe me! http://www.popeater.com/music/article/michael-jackson-dead-at-50/544453?icid=main|compaq-laptop|dl1|...
"Behold the male beast roaring in the jungle for his mate. See how the female beast giggles behind a shrub while she organizes her voice to say 'Pardon dear, did you say something?'"~Elphaba, Wicked, pg.102-103
Wordsmith
shesaxsensation
0 Kudos

I was driving home from the mall and I heard it on the news, I was literally thinking "Is this a joke? It's probably a joke." But they sounded pretty serious, and it'd be really terrible if they joked about that. I put in my casette tape of Thriller on for the car ride home in memory of Michael Jackson. And Farrah Fawcet died, and Ed Mcman! Death comes in 3's.
"For almost ninety years I've walked among my kind, and yours...all the time thinking I was complete in myself, not realizing what I was seeking. And not finding anything, because you weren't alive yet."

- Edward Cullen
Contributor
Wildstar66
0 Kudos

I heard about it!  My brother said that he had a heart attack. I haven't seen it on the news, but now I believe it!!!
BLUEICEGAL
0 Kudos

yh read litereally about 15 mins ago he was rushed to hospital... and now hes flipin heck i dunno what to say, despite what people said about him, he was a inspiration to, all and opened up a lot of gates to people out there, its truly sad... may he rest in peace, and hope is family copes well in the best way possible
Wanna know the awesomeness that is moi??? movies, artists, gossip and the latest reviews of your fav books not to mention my upcoming twilight parody that i am currently working on is all here folks!! @ My Blog Fantasy4eva spread the word girls :smileyhappy:
Fantasy4eva
Frequent Contributor
LoveslyMoi
0 Kudos

yeah its tru! i saw on the internet that he was rushed to UCLA and got CPR. and then like 2 minutes later everyone starts texting me and calling me asking if i heard the news
"You gotta risk it to get the biscuit" --Fired Up!
BLUEICEGAL
0 Kudos

it jsut seems so wrong you know, he was still young, he was preparing for tour and everything, and i was reading to confirm the news,, and and they mentioned how its a loss and then started chatin crap about the whole molesting crap like honestly some people just dont have some sense it really pissed me off, i feel really sad man, he was a great man, i feel like i should do something but i dont knw what, shall we have a one min scilence i know its wierd where at diferent places but its the thought that counts right?as soon as you get this, can we do this together, itd be kinda nice  :smileyhappy:
Fantasy4eva
Wordsmith
shesaxsensation
0 Kudos

I texted a girl from work and told her about MJ and she's like "Yeah I know. He was a freak though, he molested little boys." First of all, was that proven? I don't remember it being proven, even if it was, you should forget about that for now. He died, I'm not saying that molesting little boys is okay, it's definitely not. But really? How insensitive can people be?

"For almost ninety years I've walked among my kind, and yours...all the time thinking I was complete in myself, not realizing what I was seeking. And not finding anything, because you weren't alive yet."

- Edward Cullen
Wordsmith
shesaxsensation

R.I.P Michael Jackson, Farrah Fawcet, and Ed Mcman.

- Edward Cullen
BLUEICEGAL
0 Kudos

i know right, thats exacly what i read he did this and tht, and im like for gods sake, he jsut passed away and this is the best you can say, people can be insensitive and its wrong, any of us can get accused for things we didnt do, and our worst nightmare is to still have that tag when we pass away, i wouldnt wish that on anyone and its jsut wrong..  did u give her a earfull i hope you did, becuase thats a horrible thing to say
Fantasy4eva
Wordsmith
shesaxsensation
0 Kudos

Well, I didn't say anything back because I work with this girl and I don't want any fights at work. Trust me though, I'd love to give her a mouthfull.

- Edward Cullen
New User
straightAs
0 Kudos

omgsh!  i heard it 2!  its soo crazy!  i heard that the big news stations and stuff r'nt reporting it yet cause they think its like a publicity scam or something!

**Being able to look on the bright side of life was something i always admired about my grandfather.  Even after recieving the terrible diagnosis that he had Alzheimer's, he was philosophical.  "There's one good thing that'll come from this," he told my father.
"What's that?" asked Dad.
"Now I can hide my own Easter eggs."**

Inspired Scribe
djaq
0 Kudos

I KNOW!!! THIS IS TOTALLY INSANE!!!!! i heard it on the radio today and i was like: "NO WAY! MJ CANT be DEAD! it does not work that way!!!!" and then everyone else died too? it was crazy...........

"We could do pizza."
Luna93
0 Kudos

May Micheal Jackson (the king of pop) R.I.P.

In memory of MJ:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6K1VzEY3Ces&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtyJbIOZjS8&feature=featured

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uqxo1SKB0z8&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VASYhabHkM

i really hope these work. :smileyhappy:

All I want is for you to be happy
And take this moment and make you my family
And finally you have found someone perfect
Finally you have found
~RHCP
Correspondent
dholland08
0 Kudos

This is a very sad passing. May Michael Jackson rest in peace. I feel so bad for his family, and my heart goes out to them.
"Good. I was afraid for a moment that I'd killed you a bit too early."
"Waiting for a special occasion to kill me? Christmas is coming." :smileyhappy:
Distinguished Wordsmith
BeeZnEEz101
0 Kudos

i am so upset he was just going to have a comeback concert and i wanted to attend

i feel bad for his family and his 3 kids 

whos gonna raise them 

plus he while he was living he owned the rights to all the beetles music and elvis' music 

Inspired Contributor
Outlaws-Girl
0 Kudos

I have never really been a michael Jackson fan but I heard the news this morning and at my softball game at like seven tonight I looked in the sky and there was a cloud that was shaped like a J.  I showed the girl next to me and she said yeah like J for jill, who was batting at the time.  Then I look to the left of the J and there is a M!!!!! I was like OMG look there is a MJ.  It was so creepy
Frequent Contributor
mrs_brightside

i'm sadder about farrah fawcett because she had this huge battle with cancer, but then michael died and everyone kind of forgot about her
"love is handing someone a gun, and letting it point to your head, believing that he won't pull the trigger."

oliver wood: he's a keeper :smileywink:

make love, not horcruxes.