Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Correspondent
torusthetiger
0 Kudos

Edward a creepy or not???

ok so let me start off by saying that i really enjoyed reading the twilight series...but now i'm starting to think that Edward is a creeper b/c he is really old and Bella is only 17 or 18 (i can't remember which)  and that's really weird if you ask me b/c it doesn't matter how old you look it's how old you really are....i mean he is so much more mature b/c he has been around for so much longer. another reason i think he is kinda weird is that he watches her sleep and follows her everywhere...i think thats kinda creepy...i know that some people say that he does this out of love but if someone started following you around and watching you sleep and they tell you that they do that b/c they love you then i bet that you would be pretty creeped out...you know?

i'm not trying to start a fight on B&N.com i just want to know what you all think.

"but why's she got to go to the library?" -Harry
"because that's what Hermione does........When in doubt, go to the library." -Ron (chamber of secrets)
Inspired Wordsmith
Kierstin-Kayla
0 Kudos

Re: Edward a creepy or not???

part of me does think he is a creeper. haha.

but i still love him. hehe. :smileytongue:

pain is inevitable. suffering is optional.
Wordsmith
shesaxsensation
0 Kudos

Hm, well if you think about it (SPOILER) In a few hundred years it won't seem like that much of an age diffference lol. So if Edward is around for like 3,000 years Bella will be around for 2,900 years, just going by estimation. So in the long run I don't think it's weird. And with the whole watching thing, if Bella knew where he lived and if she were able to jump up into people's windows, I'm sure she would be following him too. They're both extrememly into eachother and I think Edward just had the advantage of having the ability to find her by scent and all that stuff lol.
"For almost ninety years I've walked among my kind, and yours...all the time thinking I was complete in myself, not realizing what I was seeking. And not finding anything, because you weren't alive yet."

- Edward Cullen
Inspired Wordsmith
laylapoma
0 Kudos

yea

so its like someone being like i dunno

29 and then another 30

lmao

not a bother

if yoyr in love it doesnt matter

what was creepy was when edward was watching her sleep

i tripped up the stairs once.
its not as fun as people say.
Inspired Wordsmith
Vampires-and-Spongebob
0 Kudos

Yeah, I think he's kind of a creep. Edward watching Bella while she slept was a little stalkerish. I think that's why I liked Jacob more...
"Behold the male beast roaring in the jungle for his mate. See how the female beast giggles behind a shrub while she organizes her voice to say 'Pardon dear, did you say something?'"~Elphaba, Wicked, pg.102-103
Inspired Correspondent
SabrinaSunlight
0 Kudos

yeah, its like me falling in love with my great great grandpa. ewww. haha

Frequent Contributor
Kichou
0 Kudos

I've always thought that Edward is a giant creeper. I mean, he's a virgin way past middle age, a stalkery control freak, and he still lives with his parents. And he wears body glitter.

"And Spring herself, when she woke at dawn, would scarcely know that we were gone." - There Will Come Soft Rains, by Sara Teasdale
Inspired Wordsmith
Kierstin-Kayla
0 Kudos

Kichou wrote:

I've always thought that Edward is a giant creeper. I mean, he's a virgin way past middle age, a stalkery control freak, and he still lives with his parents. And he wears body glitter.

haha.!

Inspired Wordsmith
Vampires-and-Spongebob
0 Kudos

Kichou wrote:

Yeah! It's like the 40 Year Old Virgin only double the age and the virgin is a "young lady lover". I would use the proper word but B&N won't let me.

"Behold the male beast roaring in the jungle for his mate. See how the female beast giggles behind a shrub while she organizes her voice to say 'Pardon dear, did you say something?'"~Elphaba, Wicked, pg.102-103
Inspired Wordsmith
Kierstin-Kayla
0 Kudos

Vampires-and-Spongebob wrote:

Kichou wrote:

Yeah! It's like the 40 Year Old Virgin only double the age and the virgin is a "young lady lover". I would use the proper word but B&N won't let me.

haha!^^ thts waht i was thinking!!!!!

disclaimer: im not trying to make fun of edward, i mean im obsessed with the books/movie! 

but u gotta admitt tht was funny. (:

Inspired Wordsmith
Vampires-and-Spongebob
0 Kudos

But I do feel bad for Edward. I mean he can't even get a job at McDonalds! Probably because he has to repeat the same grades for over 70 years. That would look terrible on your resimay! PLus, he has his parents that have been taking care of him for over 70 years. He's probably afraid to go into the light because then everyone will know that the body glitter he wore last night while dressing up and lip singing to Madonna didn't come off. Not to mention all of his romantic liness came from Lifetime Movie Marathons. He got no game.
New User
MollyCullen
0 Kudos

(SPOILERS!!!)  No way. Edward is the best. Well no Jasper is but still. Okay, sorry, heres my answer. Edward is so new to everything when he falls in love with Bella. Suddenly everything isnt just about him anymore. Now his life is revolving around this human who not only smells better to him then then anyone else but also her mind is a mystery. Bella is the only thing that he needs now and hes not going to let her out of his sight because she could get hurt and that would kill him no matter how small the injury. Take for example when (in eclipse) Bella gets home from the sleepover with 'Alice' and they realize that someone had been in her room? What if she wouldve been there? (which she wouldnt have because victoria planned well) What if Edward wasnt there watching her? She wouldve gotten killed. And then Edward wouldve ran off to Italy (again) and Bella wouldnt have been there to save him from getting himself killed. And that wouldved been the end of Edward which I think everyone (even team Jacob people) would agree that that would be the end of the universe. Well at least mine. This is all.

~Mrs. Molly Hale

***Im with the vampires of course***
Inspired Wordsmith
Vampires-and-Spongebob
0 Kudos

Don't worry. We know. We were just poking some fun at him.
Inspired Wordsmith
laylapoma
0 Kudos

yes

i mean im not an edward-hater

i love him but he reminds me of a pedophile 

seriously?

i mean he follows her EVERYWHERE

seriously if a guy told me he was stalking me i would call the cops

no matter how hot he is or if hes a darn vampire

Inspired Wordsmith
Vampires-and-Spongebob
0 Kudos

Yep! Not even if it was one of my favorite charcters!

Inspired Wordsmith
laylapoma
0 Kudos

exactly

lmao

haha

but hes awesome

Inspired Correspondent
torusthetiger
0 Kudos

laylapoma

i completly agree....i still like edward he just really creeps me out :]

"but why's she got to go to the library?" -Harry
"because that's what Hermione does........When in doubt, go to the library." -Ron (chamber of secrets)
Wordsmith
sweetiepie95
0 Kudos

i can see what you mean, but i still love him!!!  but you know whats funny, in Midnight Sun in his mind he calls her a little girl or something llike that
I'm weird cause i hate goodbyes :smileyhappy:
Inspired Correspondent
Facepalm
0 Kudos

Well I know for sure that he was about ten times creepier in the movie! But yeah, its really creepy that he BROKE INTO HER HOUSE and WATCHED HER SLEEP. In the book it didn't bother me so much, but in the movie I was completely shocked that:

1) she didn't tell the police (her dad...) that a guy had broken into her room

and

2) he was too stupid to figure it out on his own. Shouldn't cheif of police be able to figure this stuff out?!

Okay, that was more about charlie than edward.... Still- yes it's creepy.

team GALE, anyone?
Inspired Wordsmith
laylapoma
0 Kudos

hahah

and then i mean

i'd kinda be like the chick jessica on jessicas guide to dating on the dark side

lmao

i wouldve been like

hes insane..better stay away