Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
Purple_kitty23
0 Kudos

Elsewhere

Hi!!

I just read a great book called elsewhere by Gabrielle Zevin. It is one of the best books I havee ever read!:smileyvery-happy: Read it and tell me what you think.

Purple_kitty23 : )
Distinguished Scribe
tiffany57
0 Kudos

Re: Elsewhere

What's it about??

If there is a book you really want to read but it hasn't been written yet, you must write it. -Toni Morrison
Contributor
Purple_kitty23
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

It's about this girl who dies (sounds kind of depressing but it's not) in a car accident and goes to the afterlife. The afterlife is called elsewhere and looks like a typical city.  Everyone who has died goes there and they age backwards until they become a baby and are sent back to earth to be re-born.

It's a really great book.

Purple_kitty23

Distinguished Scribe
tiffany57
0 Kudos

Oh, really?  That sounds really cool!  Because I believe when somebody dies they are born again.  Into a person or an animal and it goes on and on.  I'll have to check that out! Thanks!

If there is a book you really want to read but it hasn't been written yet, you must write it. -Toni Morrison
Contributor
Purple_kitty23
0 Kudos

Your welcome!!  Tell me what you think after.

Distinguished Scribe
tiffany57
0 Kudos

Okay, will do! :smileytongue:

Frequent Contributor
mommybooknerd
0 Kudos

I LOVED THAT BOOK. I saw it at Target and got it right away. Such a great book!
You are the author of your own life story.
Distinguished Bibliophile
pen21
0 Kudos

I bought this books for my daughter. But we both loved this book.

Elsewhere

Frequent Contributor
Superbookworm
0 Kudos

This sounds interesting.  I'll have to check it out. Thanks!

Distinguished Bibliophile
pen21
0 Kudos

pen21 wrote:

I bought this books for my daughter. But we both loved this book.

Elsewhere

I forgot to say the cover for this book is what I attracted me. It is so unique.

Contributor
Purple_kitty23
0 Kudos

Thanks!  I'm glad I finally found some people who have read it.  None of my friends have.  Yet.:smileytongue:

Contributor
IBB15
0 Kudos

I also read Elsewhere about two months ago, and thought it was awesome!! None of my friends even knew about it until I brought it to school one day, and now they're all asking to borrow it. LOL. So yeah, it was a good book. I recommend it to anyone because it's a different type of book from any that I have read, and will most likely please anyone who reads it. Now, has anyone read Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesaic by the same author? I thought it looked interesting, but not sure if it's good or not. If anyone has read it, is it good?

$I AM WHO I AM$