Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
CoquetteinaCorset
0 Kudos

Re: Emotional Books.

I've cried to The Secret Garden, The Alchemist,  Oscar Wilde's short stories-the nightingale and the rose and the fisherman who sold his soul.  I always end up crying when a character goes through something really stressful:  a death, shows how deep their love is,  or makes a sacrifice of some sort. Oh yes! and i must say i cried my eyes out after i read Anne Frank.  :smileysad: :smileyhappy:

Contributor
Bookworm456
0 Kudos

Hee hee. Yes! I cried during Chinese Cimderella (when she gets slapped in front of her friends) and so many others, I can't count. I especially hate it when you're with a bunch of people, and you break out in front of them...

Love humiliates you. Hatred cradles you.
Contributor
Dizzanne
0 Kudos

My friends have grown accustom to my bouts of emotional behavior when reading! I might just start laughing uncontrollably or crying inconsolably or I might become confused and start asking random questions and then get upset that they cannot give me answering a bit ridiculous really but i cannot help myself! :smileyhappy:
“I promise to love you forever—every single day of forever. Will you marry me?” ~ Edward to Bella
:smileyhappy:so many books...so little time:smileyhappy:
**i am a sucker for vampires**(pun intended) :smileywink:
Contributor
Vampyr16
0 Kudos

Yes!!!! I don't really like reading while others are around because when I react to something in my book like laughing or crying I hold back because they make me feel stupid. There have been so many times that I was reading in class and something happens that makes be want to laugh/ cry and I sit in my desk trying so hard to control myself.... then i notice the guy next to my staring at me like I'm on drugs. lol :smileyvery-happy:

"Do you think I'll ever get better at this?" I wondered, mostly to myself. "That my heart might someday stop trying to jump out of my chest whenever you touch me?" - Bella

"I really hope not." He said a bit smugly. - Edward
Frequent Contributor
weirdpanda3
0 Kudos

ive cried,laughed, and sometimes just smile.seriously when things work out for the characters or something cool happens i cant stop smiling.when i bust out laughing and people see a book in my hand they know its better not to ask.

Distinguished Correspondent
esme_cullen24
0 Kudos

I am always emotional when it comes to books but usually I can control myself. Like at the diary of ann frank I was in the middle of class so i managed to silently shed a few tears.
There are four questions of value in life... What is sacred? Of what is the spirit made? What is worth living for, and what is worth dying for? The answer to each is the same. Only love.-----Emily Dickinson
Contributor
BellaRin
0 Kudos

When Eclipse came out, I skipped an entire day of homework so I could read it. At one point, I got so disgusted because I knew I needed to do homework but I couldnt put the book down. I literally got mad at the book for being so good and I threw it halfway across the room in my anger. That was my emotional turning point for the Twilight series. I'm not a person who likes suspense, which is why I dont mind spoilers. Its killing me now because I dont have money for Breaking Dawn, and my fiance owns the book. So we're reading it together but its going slow because we dont live together and it all depends on what nights we get together to read. So being very difficult yes. But I have a tendency to laugh a lot more than cry in the books.

Distinguished Correspondent
BLUEICEGAL
0 Kudos

i dont realy cry i might get sad but not cry the one book that has actually brought me to tears and has had me laughing out loud was ps i love you its proabaly one of the best books ive ever read its so emotioanal yet so funy at some points its amazing how it brings ot a mixture of feeings, at one point i was laughing so loud,  i woke my family up in the other room they wenrt to happy heheh i rocomend everyone read it your seriously missig out :smileytongue:
Wanna know the awesomeness that is moi??? movies, artists, gossip and the latest reviews of your fav books not to mention my upcoming twilight parody that i am currently working on is all here folks!! @ My Blog Fantasy4eva spread the word girls :smileyhappy:
Fantasy4eva
New User
Gemma620
0 Kudos

Twilight, I didn't cry during. New Moon, Eclipse, and Breaking Dawn, yes. Also with: The Sweet Far Thing, A Walk to Remember, Angel of Mercy (and Angel of Hope), and at the end of some of Jodi Picoult's books.

They are all awesome, though. So I read them again, and cry again. And the cycle repeats  :smileyhappy:

Gemma

To those who will see, the world waits.

Today is the first and last day of forever.

Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of the unlived life.