Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
Denzurrr
0 Kudos

Fantasy.

Hey, I am really into faeries, werewolfes, and anything in that category. EXCEPT VAMPIRES. 

Ive read...

City of Bones Series.

Wondrous Strange.

Tithe Series.

Wicked Lovely Series.

Bones of Faerie.

Tantalize.

The Hunger Games.

Blue is for nightmares Series.

Anythign like those are finee....

Please recommend me something good that isnt the same story of another book. 

Distinguished Wordsmith
BeeZnEEz101
0 Kudos

Re: Fantasy.

the darkest powers series by kelly armstrong
New User
LAURA_houseofnightfledgin
0 Kudos

well the books that i've read that i reccomend are....

1. Tattoo by jennifer lynn barnes

its about faries , the 3 fates in greek mythology

2. fate  the sequal to tattoo

3. Eternal by the author of tantalize

4. Gone series

5. Need by carrie jones

6. dead is the new black series

all these book are really good

i hope you like them ^_^

Distinguished Correspondent
Kyleigh
0 Kudos

-The Haunting of Alaizabel Cray by Chris Wooding(guarantee you'll adore it) 

-Betwixt  by something Bray Smith(I'm currently reading it) 

-Poison, Magic, and Fire Study by Maria V. Snyder (more wizard/magician type genre but super amazing)

-Warrior, Wizard, and Dragon Heir by Cinda Williams Chima (also more wizard stuff)  

-The Black Tatoo (I haven't read it yet, but it sounds super amazing)  

-Revealers  by somebody Marrone(was ok, but not great) 

-Sunshine  by Robin McKinley(Ok so I know you said no vampires, but this is truly an awesome book, my FAVORITE  vampire book, and I hate Twilight so don't worry. Lol) 

-Peeps  by Scott Westerfeld(also a vampire book but it's SUPER hilarious.  Plus vampirism is a disease in this book) 

-The Abhorsen Trilogy by Garth Nix  (you'll love)

-The Wicked series by Nancy Holder

-The Pellinor Series by Allison Croggon

-Frozen Fire by Tim Bowler

-The Kieshr'a Series by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes

Hope that helps!  

"There are two types of people in this world. People who hate clowns...and clowns."
New User
deidaragirl
0 Kudos

If u like fantasy you should check out melissa marr's series . To kill a warlock by H.P mallory

( I Luv This Book !)

And Switched , Torn , and Ascend by Amanda Hocking . Those books are about a changeling who is actually a queen to trolls (not ugly trolls , cool , elemental trolls ) . Another gret series .

R.I.P Deidara-Senpai .... 3
Distinguished Scribe
SandraPants
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I love fantasy and I have lots of favorites, but some I would recommend that you didn't list (and have no vampires lol) are as follows...

The Lord of the Rings -  This classic series has so much more to offer than the movies.  There are characters you never knew about, differences in the plot, personalities and atmosphere.  I loved rereading this series many times and I highly recommend it

Fablehaven  -  This series was a fun adventure for me, it involves a preserve for magical beings and fairies

Magyk (Septimus Heap Series #1)  -  The Septimus Heap Series was another fun read that involves magical charms, spells, a dragon and some endearing characters.  I am currently reading Syren (Septimus Heap Series #5) so I can confirm the entire series is worth reading

The Bartimaeus Trilogy -  This is a great series involving demons and magic.  It was very interesting and well-written.  The main character is a teenage boy and I think guys would especially enjoy this collection.

Spelling is for "loosers."
http://sandrathenookworm.blogspot.com/
Distinguished Scribe
SandraPants
0 Kudos

Oh and if you liked The Hunger Games (Hunger Games Series #1) you'll most likely enjoy this book:

The Maze Runner

Spelling is for "loosers."
http://sandrathenookworm.blogspot.com/
Distinguished Scribe
HungerGamesPerson
0 Kudos

you're all right on the choice of books!

This is my favorite genre(almost)

If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.
Mother Teresa
For it is in giving that we receive.
Francis of Assisi