Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
CMG15

Favorite Teen Book Quotes

Soo, I love quotes and I like to hear what other peoples favorite quotes are from other books. So feel free to discuss, argue and talk about your favorite quotes from teen books...

"There is no pretending," Jace said with absolute clarity. "I love you, and I will love you until I die, and if there is life after that, I'll love you then."

-Cassandra Clare (City of Glass)

Frequent Contributor
_melissa
0 Kudos

Re: Favorite Teen Book Quotes

This is not my favorite book quote but i have it at my disposal so........

"But there is me. And you. Somewhere out there, there's you. And i'm glad that there's you. And somewhere, in a remote corner somwhere, there's a little we. A little we that will still be there no matter what happens now. First-person plural: We. I. And you. We"

-Heart's Delight (Per Nilsson) 

"Everything had looked different-too sharp, too real. Even my own hands looked different."
-Atonement
Frequent Contributor
Vampirelover15JC

One of my favorite teen quote would probably be from Vampire Academy "If I let myself love you I wouldn't throw myself in front of her I would throw myself  in front of you" Dimitri

Stupid Volvo Owner
-Bella
Running away like dying is easy its living thats hard
-The Black Stallion

Emmett is a Sexy Beast
Wordsmith
sweetiepie95
0 Kudos

i love this one its really short

huffah!

-dexter

this lullaby

I'm weird cause i hate goodbyes :smileyhappy:
New User
raysreads

One of my favorite quotes is from Sweethearts by Sara Zarr:

"There are certain people who come into your life, and leave a mark... Their place in you hear is tender; a bruise of longing, a pulse of unfinished business. Just hearing their names pushes and pulls at you in a hundred ways, and when you try to define those hundred ways, describe them even to yourself, words are usless."

Correspondent
SpunkiiReader
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

read my signature from CIty of Bones by Cassandra Clare(:      \/

Inspired Wordsmith
Morigami
0 Kudos

I love my quote o and the old one I had about Mortal Instruments by Classandra Clare =P it seems like a lot of people like the those book quotes haha

Blog: http://booklover-bookchicks.blogspot.com/
Distinguished Correspondent
Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

there are tons of quotes from the mortal instruments that i love. i actually have a blog on myspace for each book

"He is bound to you,” said the Queen. “But does he love you?"
Inspired Correspondent
bookrooted
0 Kudos

i see most love the mortal instrument quotes too...

haha i like almost everything they say in that book :smileytongue:

----------------------------------------------
Contributor
xxali1096xx

I like "It sounded like you were having Bella for lunch, and we came to see if you would share."
Alice Cullen

Hey! Check out www.nookbackgrounds.wordpress.com they have reeeaaallly cool backgrounds for your nook!!

Check out nookbackgrounds.wordpress.com!!!
Inspired Wordsmith
Morigami
0 Kudos

Yeah it's true I love everything they say in Mortal Instruments =P

Frequent Contributor
Fabulous_Ali
0 Kudos

my fave quote is from page one of twilight in the prequel. i didnt notice it til reading it my second time

"When life offers you a dream so far beyond any of your expectations, it's not reasonable to grieve when it must come to an end."

my name was alison dilaurentis before they even announced pretty little liars would be a tv show *flips hair*
Inspired Correspondent
bookrooted
0 Kudos

oneof my favorites is when they first meet magnus, and clary asks him what the party is for. Magnus says his cat. Clary asks where it is. Magnus says it ran away.

something along those lines, i dont remember the exact words, i just remember that part

Inspired Wordsmith
Morigami
0 Kudos

bookrooted wrote:

oneof my favorites is when they first meet magnus, and clary asks him what the party is for. Magnus says his cat. Clary asks where it is. Magnus says it ran away.

something along those lines, i dont remember the exact words, i just remember that part

Haha yeah that was funny. Another part that I thought was really funny was when everyone was marking themeselfs in City of Glass and Alec and Magnus started kissing.  I know the words so I'll say it xD....

******************************************************************************************************************************

Alec had his arms around Magnus and was kissing him, full on the mouth. Magnus, who appeared to be in state of shock, stood frozen. Severel groups of people---Shadowhunters and Downworlders alike---were staring and whispering. Glancing to the side, Simon saw the Lightwoods, their eyes wide, gaping at the display. Maryse had her hand over her mouth.

Maia looked perplexed. "Wait a second," she said. "Do we all have to do that, too?"

*************************************************************************************************************************************

Haha Funny!

Inspired Correspondent
bookrooted
0 Kudos

LexieVamp wrote:
Haha yeah that was funny. Another part that I thought was really funny was when everyone was marking themeselfs in City of Glass and Alec and Magnus started kissing.  I know the words so I'll say it xD....

******************************************************************************************************************************

Alec had his arms around Magnus and was kissing him, full on the mouth. Magnus, who appeared to be in state of shock, stood frozen. Severel groups of people---Shadowhunters and Downworlders alike---were staring and whispering. Glancing to the side, Simon saw the Lightwoods, their eyes wide, gaping at the display. Maryse had her hand over her mouth.

Maia looked perplexed. "Wait a second," she said. "Do we all have to do that, too?"

*************************************************************************************************************************************

Haha Funny!

ah i loved that part! i was so happy for alec and magnus(:

and Maia haha i remember being in class just laughing and my friends (they dont understand books; blah) looked at me like i was crazy

Inspired Wordsmith
Morigami
0 Kudos

Ha ha that happens to me all the time xD o and I also love that one part at the end of City of Glass I use to have it as my quote but changed it to the one I have now but I still think it's one of the funniest things in the book xD

**************************************************************************************************************************************

"I am a man," he told her," and men do not consume pink beverages. Get thee gone, woman, and bring me something brown."

"Brown?" Isabelle made a Face.

"Brown is a manly color," said Jace, and yanked on a stray lock of Isbelle's hair with his free hand. "In fact, look- Alec is wearing it."

Alec looked mournfully down at his sweater. "It was black," he said. "But then it faded."

"You could dress it up with a sequined headband," Magnus suggested, offering his boyfriend blue and sparkly. "Just a thought."

Haha! Lmao! One of my favorite parts xD

Inspired Correspondent
bookrooted
0 Kudos

Haha i love magnus! all the characters in that book are great(:

but one quote im sure i wont forget from there is 'To love is to destroy'

Inspired Wordsmith
Morigami
0 Kudos

Aw yeah I don't think I will either. Spoiler*** Or that big part where Valentine dies from the Angel O_O. Best parts in the book xD

Inspired Correspondent
bookrooted
0 Kudos

Omg i was not expecting that! i thought he would get out of it somehow, but BAM! [SPOILER] Valentine dies...

[SPOILER]

i really liked the fight with sabestian (or jonathan?) the whole jace's family thing really kept me on the edge!

Inspired Wordsmith
Morigami
0 Kudos

XD Same here! Spolier*** I had no idea he would die! O_O I thought he would disappear of a funken flying thing would come from the sky and fly him away or something xD and Spoiler*** had no idea he would kill Jace O_O I always thought Jace would kill Valentine hmm O and I loved how Isabelle cut off Sebastian hand XD

Isabelle smiled grimly. "That was for Max, you bastard."

"Bitch," Sebastian hissed.

Loved it! =D