Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Wordsmith
Golden_Reader12
0 Kudos

Frog Princess Movie

I can't wait to see this movie! I know that is really lame but i'm a total disney junkie and I have been so disappointed with their movies for a while now. I'm just so glad they went back to the cartoon style movies like when i was a kid. Nothing beats the classics. I just haven't been too impressed with their Pixar movies, does anyone feel the same?

"There would be little reason to lie down at night without the possibility of seeing things bigger and more amazing than the average day might bring about. Why pick up a pen or type on a keyboard if there's no imagination or wonder left to behold?"
-pg 3 of Leven Thumps and the Wrath of Ezra
Frequent Contributor
StubbornAT
0 Kudos

Re: Frog Princess Movie

I can't wait either, I love Disney movies. I think that this movie will fit in with the classics, with a modern twist of special effects. I have to say that I did love cars and wall-e, I thought that they were cute. But I do miss the old pen to paper cartoons.

Wordsmith
shygirlTB
0 Kudos

im glad that they went to cartoon style but what upsets me is less african american and colors of people in disney movies i dont like pixar movies neither

the clouds i can handle but i cant fight an eclipse
jacob black =)

Inspired Scribe
djaq
0 Kudos

i like some pixar movies [like bugs life and cars :smileyhappy:] but like everyone else has said, im vry happy that the princess and the frog is back to the classic disney style. :smileyvery-happy: very very excited for the movie!! lol!!! :smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy:

"We could do pizza."
Inspired Contributor
liv4Him
0 Kudos

I'm a complete Disney junkie! Haha. I mean, movies are so expensive to watch (8 dollars a ticket is ridiculous, I'm sorry) so I'll wait until it's out on DVD to watch it, but I'm really looking forward to it.

Check out my blog at http://www.rinielsmusings.wordpress.com.
Frequent Contributor
LunaMoth
0 Kudos

i have it on my blockbuster rent list, i love disney too, the old ones. (i HAVE to see the festival of the lion king whenever im at disneyworlds animal kingdom, i know it by heart)

anyways, i hope to like this one. and i hope its really good. (nice twist turning her into a frog!)

"And pleasant is the fairy land,
But, an eerie tale to tell" - Tam Lin
Wordsmith
Golden_Reader12
0 Kudos

I love the twist they have in the movie! New Orleans is so cool! The movie almost reminds me of a series I read when i was in middle school. The first book in the series was also about a princess that got turned into a frog from kissing another prince/frog and had to find a way to change back. It was a really cute series and the similarity ends there! But i got really excited because it reminded me of those books

"There would be little reason to lie down at night without the possibility of seeing things bigger and more amazing than the average day might bring about. Why pick up a pen or type on a keyboard if there's no imagination or wonder left to behold?"
-pg 3 of Leven Thumps and the Wrath of Ezra
Correspondent
b00kwerm
0 Kudos

I'm watching the movie this weekend!!! I'm so excited! lol. I missed the old-fashioned Disney movies.

Wordsmith
sweetiepie95
0 Kudos

it doesnt matter how old i am i will always the the disney and Pixar movies!!!! i cant wait to the movie!

and another i cant wait to see is toy story 3!

I'm weird cause i hate goodbyes :smileyhappy: