Inspired Contributor
writingenius21

Getting tired of vampires

Don't get me wrong I think vampires are pretty cool, but come on! How many books with vampire characters are authors going to come out with before Vampire becomes its own genre! I was thinking about writing a book with vampires in it but that was before this craze, now I don't want to write anything to do with vampires at all! Is anyone else out there getting tired of this vampire craze?
Bibliophile
Silvermist24

Re: Getting tired of vampires

Vampires are classic. Some people will never get tired of them. but they might get tired of some stories with vampires in them. *Cough Cough* Twilight *Cough Cough*
Baby you can drive my car,
Yes I'm gonna be a star,
And Baby I love you,
Beep Beep, Beep Beep, Yea!
Inspired Contributor
writingenius21
0 Kudos

Precisely my point. There is nothing wrong with vampires. I just think there are too many books with vampires in them coming out. Talk about unoriginal. Let's think creatively. It seems like so many books are only written because of what popular at the time, right now Vampires are the top fad so guess what? Most books coming out are vampire books. It's a little annoying.
Distinguished Correspondent
BLUEICEGAL
0 Kudos

im still waiting for it to jsut click one day, that im so over vampires, heck when i first gt into books the first book was christopher pike novels, ud think id be over em by now, im afriad im a vamp aholic hell wht am i sayin i lurveeee them!!!!
Wanna know the awesomeness that is moi??? movies, artists, gossip and the latest reviews of your fav books not to mention my upcoming twilight parody that i am currently working on is all here folks!! @ My Blog Fantasy4eva spread the word girls :smileyhappy:
Fantasy4eva
Inspired Contributor
writingenius21
0 Kudos

What makes you like vampires so much anyways. I haven't really read many stories about vampires so I don't understand what the crave is all about, maybee someone could fill me in?
Reader-Moderator
agnijay
0 Kudos

Vampires have been known for hundreds of years to contain the power of charisma. Maybe that's it?

Or people are looking for someting more like Twilight.

I hate how almost ALL of the add-ons here turn into vampire stories.

☼☺♥ Jaya ♥☺☼

If we crawl/ Till we can walk again/ Then we'll run/ Until we're strong enough to jump/ Then we'll fly/ Until there is no end.
Distinguished Correspondent
BLUEICEGAL
0 Kudos

its not all about twilight not everyones a obssesd fan, i mean most of us loved vamps way before it, like i fell in love with the whole thing when i read vampire diaries which was released in the 90s  and read it some years ago, its jsut this whole idea of a attractive vampire, and uh hum, the whole strength and piercing eyes,  and etc im not going to get to detailed about it, im sure u know wt i mean :smileyvery-happy:  and isnt that a crappy thing to say???

i mean yh we do have alot of vamp add ons, but its becuase we love vamps and the whole appeal of them, and a vamp story can never be told boring thats for sure, its easy to judge when ur not a apart of it or ever contributed to  it, try starting a add on weather its a vamp  or not, it takes imaginaton and determination, to keep the story flowing, im doing one it may not be about vampires but ive done enough in the past to appreciate the other ad ons becuase i know its not just a add on but something someone feels passionate about and wants to share with others, its what our add ons are all about, helping each other out, and comming up with idea on the spot, and having fun at the same time, i dont mean to be harsh, we chat and ur safe, it jsut i ignored the rest but felt that the last part was offc, that all

Wanna know the awesomeness that is moi??? movies, artists, gossip and the latest reviews of your fav books not to mention my upcoming twilight parody that i am currently working on is all here folks!! @ My Blog Fantasy4eva spread the word girls :smileyhappy:
Fantasy4eva
Reader-Moderator
agnijay
0 Kudos

My keyword was ALMOST.

If you look through all the posts, there have been at least 50 or 60 add-ons. I would say that 7 or 8 have NOTHING to do with vampires or werewolves. And I AM tired of the commercialized vampire, not the vampire itself.  

☼☺♥ Jaya ♥☺☼

If we crawl/ Till we can walk again/ Then we'll run/ Until we're strong enough to jump/ Then we'll fly/ Until there is no end.
Inspired Wordsmith
Vampires-and-Spongebob
0 Kudos

Want original vamp stories? Go read Anne Rice or Bram Stoker. Bram Stoker made them, Anne Rice made them even more popular then they already were. (GO LESTAT! WHOOT!) Now, Over 30 years later tons of vamp books have come out. What I hate though is how some people say "Twilight is the reason why there are soooooo many vampire novels" Which is wrong. I seriously had not heard of Twilight until last year when they were making a movie out of it. I only knew one person that read the series before the school year began and didn't see anyone read it until November/December. But it came out in like 2006. Well, Blue Bloods came out that same year! A lot of series came out before it too, Night World series, Vampire Diaries series, Den of Shadows series, Vampire Kisses series, The Silver Kiss etc. (not including any of Anne Rice's or Bram Stokers novels). I think Twilight brought a lot more attention to these books becuase people wanted more of the vampire thing..and they found them.
"Behold the male beast roaring in the jungle for his mate. See how the female beast giggles behind a shrub while she organizes her voice to say 'Pardon dear, did you say something?'"~Elphaba, Wicked, pg.102-103
Bibliophile
Silvermist24
0 Kudos

Oh! I read Dracula by Bram stoker and loved it!
Yes I'm gonna be a star,
And Baby I love you,
Beep Beep, Beep Beep, Yea!
B&N Bookseller
melissas
0 Kudos

I greatly enjoy vampires, the myths, the ideas we conjure in our heads when they are mentioned. I will also freely admit that I have been Twilight-obsessed. However, that obsession was grounded primarily in the excellent writing and characters who were written so well that you couldn't help but love them and crave their presence. I have read several vampire books since in the hopes finding something else to latch onto, but it hasn't happened because although they may be vampires, they are not Stephenie Meyer's vampires. Besides, as much as I love them, I've discussed them enough.

Let's start a movement to get non-vamp posts up in Teen Boards.

Inspired Contributor
Think-Im-Listening
0 Kudos

Over the past year there have been a lot about vampires ;/ that's why the only books I buy with vampires are from series i already started, or books my father gets me because he has no idea what I like and assumes I think vampires are amazing.But I'm sick of it too. It doesn't make sense why there are so many suddenly.While I love fantasy, all you find in teen is mostly vampires, which, if you read a lot about them (five series), all the vampire stories are the same. The only ones I like are the blue blood series, morganville vampires, and the vampire academy...
"If your heart wears thin, I will hold you up, and I will hide you when it gets too much" -Mariana's Trench
Correspondent
WriterOfAngels
0 Kudos

I agree WritingG, they have SO many Vamp books  I think i'm gonna EXPLODE:smileymad:! Don't get me wrong, Vamps are really coolio, mainly Alice Cullen:smileyhappy:, but still i'm a bit tired of all this Vampire Stuff. I'm reading The Twilight Saga, and i'm ready to put the book away in a little box in a HUGE mansion condemed to be torn down in the next five seconds:smileyindifferent:!  I HAVE to read it anyways! I don't know what too do!!!

Write On!

WOA

Kitty will attack anything that moves,
Causing trouble, starting battles just so he can be a part of
He’s the meanest little kitty so we named him Sparta!
~ Mean Kitty Song (smpfilms, I own nothing.)
Wordsmith
Night_Angel
0 Kudos

vampires need to go. The books have become cheap repeats of twilight and twilight wasn't that good to begin with... (no offense to anyone who liked the series) 
Inspired Contributor
xoxtatiana

well !

I LOVE VAMPIRES ! & I AM OBSSESED WITH THE WHOLE VAMPIRE THING. IS TRUE THAT THERE ALOT OF BOOKS OUT THERE BOUT VAMPSS. BUT YU CANT DENY THE FACT THAT THEY ARE SO INTERESTING. THEY'RE DARK SEXY & IMMORTAL.

BUT YEAH IM NOY SICK OF THEM, I JUST WISHED THE AUTHORS GOT A LIL MOR ORIGINAL LIKE STEPHENIE MEYER:smileyhappy:

-After all, how many ways can one heart be mangled and still be expected to keep beating?
bella swan-new moon
Inspired Contributor
writingenius21
0 Kudos

Ok, I still have no idea where the idea that Vampires should be sexy came from. The whole bloodsucking, pointy teeth, pale complexion thing, since when is that charming! Its just kinda creepy, diffidently not cute. :smileytongue:
New User
Ayila
0 Kudos

I love Vampires and also find them sexy. My love come from Bram Stokers version of them. It's true that this recent over abundance of them is starting to get annoying but I still love them. Now it's not about their lack of a tan or blood draining or even the teeth. For me its about their being misunderstood and even with the trials and tribulations of immortality, they live with the hand they are dealt. Example, Dracula in Stoker's version was created because of his undying love and devotion to his betrothed. He didn't nessesarily CHOOSE to be a blood-sucking creature of the night, that just happened to be his punishment for turning from God. Even with this punishment he lives through thousands of years when at any time he could take his life and end it, but he doesn't since even in his damned state he has hope to see her again. Now that is what is attractive about vampires.

Distinguished Wordsmith
BeeZnEEz101
0 Kudos

stephanie meyer origina?

obviously u havent read the vampire diaries by LJ smith 

they came years b4 twilight and  are basically the same thing

Wordsmith
Night_Angel
0 Kudos

Stephanie Meyer wasn't original in the least.

And now all the books are the same.

Bleck. Take such a wonderful myth and turn it into such a nightmare. *shakes head sadly*  

Reader-Moderator
agnijay
0 Kudos

Yeah, I just finished Hush,Hush and it was good but just like Twilight.
☼☺♥ Jaya ♥☺☼