Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Wordsmith
Night_Angel
0 Kudos

Re: Getting tired of vampires

I'm tempted to write one myself but totally twist the view on vampires just to freak everyone out. 
Inspired Contributor
writingenius21
0 Kudos

That woud be cool, you should totally do it!
Frequent Contributor
weirdpanda3

i want to vent a little. I don't mean to offend anybody with this. So im getting tired of the vampire frenzy twilight has created like some of you have written many other books that are thought to be twilight rip-offs really arent they either came out the same year or way before. dont get me wrong i loved the saga read it before it got famous and was naive enough to think the movie would be good. now it's gotten really out of hand especially with robert pattinson HE ISN'T EVEN HOT! I currently only read the vampire books from series. And i am getting tired of everytime i go to the bookstore i cant find any new books that arent about vampires. unfortunately i don't think this will be over until the movies are done with. I also hate that now vampire diaries is going to become a show because people who don't read or havent heard of the books will think it's a twilight rip-off which it is not.:smileysad:
Frequent Contributor
Fabian1985
0 Kudos

I have to say I agree. I was going to write a book on vampires but i figured that the world has seen enough for now. So, I'll wait. I'll still write it, but I don't want it to fall into the sea of cliche vampire love stories that have flooded the world. This one will be different.

Anyway, enough advertising! I think that the world was just fine and dandy with such classics like " An interview with a vimpire" and "Dracula" Everything else is just a watered down version of those greats...well there was Underworld (The first two) Now that was original!

New User
KoalaKlare
0 Kudos

I agree that Rob Pattinson isn't hot. He's not ugly, but I think a lot of the people who think he's hot only like him because he's Edward.  I hate how you go look at the romances and they're like all about vampires. I loved Twilight but I loved it because it was a romance, not because it was about vampires.  I think that the whole vampire/werewolf/ghost/mermaid/and any other strange thing like those fad should end.  It's disapointing to look into the romance section and be like oh that book looks like it may not be about vampires and then you read the back and it about werewolfs! I'm SO tired of it.
Inspired Contributor
writingenius21
0 Kudos

I've been thinking of a Vampire story but latley, with the Vampire craze going around, I've been a little hesetant on starting it, that and I'm already working on two other books. But since it won't be too long I think I'll just write it for NanoWriMo.

Oh, BTW Rob Pattinson is sooooooooooooooooooo not cute. He's just really creepy, at least he is in the pictures I've seen in him lately. He wasn't so bad in Harry Potter, but the whole Twilight thing mustav destroyed him.

Inspired Contributor
Think-Im-Listening
0 Kudos

Robert Pattinson looks like he's permanently high. Has the look of the drug addict become amazingly hot?
"If your heart wears thin, I will hold you up, and I will hide you when it gets too much" -Mariana's Trench
Inspired Contributor
writingenius21
0 Kudos

LOL. Thats so true! :smileyvery-happy:
Wordsmith
Night_Angel
0 Kudos

Think-Im-Listening wrote:
Robert Pattinson looks like he's permanently high. Has the look of the drug addict become amazingly hot?
He looked a little bit better in the Harry Potter movie, but even then... 

Reader-Moderator
agnijay
0 Kudos

Night_Angel wrote:
I'm tempted to write one myself but totally twist the view on vampires just to freak everyone out. 
Alright, just as long as they don't glitter. 
Maybe you should make them like, protectors of humans.  

☼☺♥ Jaya ♥☺☼

If we crawl/ Till we can walk again/ Then we'll run/ Until we're strong enough to jump/ Then we'll fly/ Until there is no end.
Distinguished Correspondent
Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

i totally agree.
"He is bound to you,” said the Queen. “But does he love you?"
Inspired Correspondent
Ravenclaww
0 Kudos

SMeyer original? Well yea she was original in killing someone! THE READER ME! WOOT lmfao

I think that Vampires started becoming more popular because of Twilight. I mean if the twilight movie were never to come out it wouldn't be that crazy of a hyper and I think that there wouldn't be that many stories out so now that are new.
TheSubtleChronicler.blogspot.com

Check it out :smileywink:
Inspired Contributor
writingenius21
0 Kudos

I don't know. I'm pretty sure the whole Vampire craze happened before the movie came out, or maybe I'm just thinking that because I never really cared about the movie in the first place. All I know is that people, at least in my city, were totally obsessed with Twilight way before it was turned into the movie.

BTW has anyone read The Strain by Guilermo Del Toro (or however you spell his name). Is it any good?

Frequent Contributor
KWBookFanatic
0 Kudos

I think this whole vampire fad is like anything in pop culture.  It comes in style and everyone buys it and then gets over it.  And in the aftermath whats left?  The true fans, and classics that will always be around for the next time in comes back into popularity.

It's all about the books!!!
Check out my blog www.kwbookfanatic.blogspot.com
New User
iLaugh
0 Kudos

I still like the whole idea of Vampires, but too many books I have picked up sound just like Twilight knock-offs. Don't get me wrong, I did enjoy the Twilight series, but when it gained its immense popularity, I couldn't really believe it. The books are thrilling, but not well written and include too many biased believes.

Frequent Contributor
Christinewannabe47
0 Kudos

AMEN! I loveee vampires and the whole dark idea around it. Don't get me wrong, love it. But...it's a FAD now. It's "cool" to love a vampire and read Twilight. I'm sorry, I will not give in to the fad. If I do read a vampire book, it's not Twilight I can tell you that right now. I will never read Twilight so don't start nagging me to. Just like Harry Potter was the bomb and Narnia was amazing for a while, it always dies down. Let's just hope that this vampire hysteria dies down,too. I mean, the Blue Bloods series is not just vampires sucking blood and a romance, it's more. It just is. It's completely different from Twilight and that's why I love it. Yes, I am getting tired of the vampire fad and am anxiously awaiting the newest one to come along. Maybe werewolves this time...lol

New User
textaholic72
0 Kudos

Vampires Rock but twilight just ruins them. I mean the old vampire movies and books Vampires used to die in sunlight but now they sparkle What is up with that I read that book it's totally boring I mean no offense with you obsessed twilight fun loving freaks but I like the classic vampires better

New User
dimsomes
0 Kudos

Alright so I’d have to agree. I'm getting tired of vampire’s atm only because they all seem cliché. Either some girl meets a guy who happens to be a vampire. Or some guy gets bit and is looking for who bit him and meets a girl and yadda yadda. I'm not going to blame twilight, even though that’s allll I hear about. I do miss the classics, and I really do wish someone can come out with something that doesn't revolve around the typical vampire and the human. So I guess i'm not really tired of vampires, just tired of the same kind of story. I just want a vampire story that is about adventure and not tht mushy stuff!  

New User
greeneyedgrl
0 Kudos

i like reading some vampire books, like twilight was great, but i think that there are too many now that are slightly similar to each other. after reading twilight i wanted to erad more about vampires, but after reading a couple it kinda seemes like the same stuff for me. that person gets bit, has some kind of powers, lurks at night, that kind of stuff.

3 your only as tall as your heart will let you be
Distinguished Correspondent
BLUEICEGAL
0 Kudos

no offense with you obsessed twilight fun loving freaks??? wow isnt that outa line im sure u could have phrased that better huh, i mean im not obsessed i  even have my little digs on the series at times but stil im a fan and calling any fan out there a obsessed freak seems a tad outa line .. just a tad *note the sarcasm* so yh u might not realise it but u mighta pissed some people of so just be abit more careful how u say  such things next time around just thought id point it out

anyway,,,,, :smileytongue:

Nope ill never gt tired of vamps not possible they just freakin rock how can u get tired of em? :smileyvery-happy:

Wanna know the awesomeness that is moi??? movies, artists, gossip and the latest reviews of your fav books not to mention my upcoming twilight parody that i am currently working on is all here folks!! @ My Blog Fantasy4eva spread the word girls :smileyhappy:
Fantasy4eva