Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
olindaa
0 Kudos

Graceling by Kristin Cashore

hi!

i just read graceling and i thought it was an awesome book!..

but i was curious and i whant to know what other people thinks (because none of my friends have read it)

why didn't kasta marry po?

and i know that maybe there will be a 3rd book.. maybe is going to be named Bitterblue that takes place 6 years after graceling (i think)..

will kasta and po be together by then?

THANKS!

-olinda:smileyhappy:

Distinguished Correspondent
musicangirl
0 Kudos

Re: Graceling by Kristin Cashore

I love this book.

I NEED to get the prequel Fire!!!!

I think maybe in the future that Po and Katasa might get married but if you read her opinion on it, I don't think they will. And personally I agree with her that she doesn't want to be trapped in a relationship, she wants freedom.

But in Bitterblue, I think they might get together.

~Mg

Sometimes people give up,
other times they move on,
and sometimes they just stay still.

I turned to the clarinets. They were a resourceful lot.~Jennifer Echols, Major Crush
Contributor
olindaa
0 Kudos

I think the same... But I really wish katsa and po could get married :smileyhappy:

Correspondent
thaisra
0 Kudos

I read 2/3 of the book then skimmed through the rest. am i wrong or did pop end up blind?

Wordsmith
Night_Angel
0 Kudos

Absolutely ADORED the book!!!

Fire was even better than Graceling (yes, it is possible!).

Katsa didn't marry Po because she didn't want to be held back, in a sense. She didn't want children or to rule a house as she would have to do as she was married and Po understood and respected that so they went their separate ways. 

Scribe
redheart52
0 Kudos

I didn't read Fire yet but i did read Graceling. I want so bad for Katsa and Po to get married. And at the end of the book i felt so bad for Po i just wanted to run into the book and give him a huge hug. =\  I can't wait to read Fire tho but i have to wait for christman. =D

New User
kajJK
0 Kudos

Sorry, but I didn't really think Graceling was all that great. I felt the relationship between Po and Katsa was rushed, and I didn't get my chance to fall in love with the characters. I liked the fact that Gracelings existed, but I wished Katnis' gift was better. When it starts off with her gift being killing, I was like, ooh that's so cool. And then you learn she has the gift of survival, and all I could think was "oh, let's go camping then guys!". Okay, I know that survival is literally survival, not camping in the wilderness, but that was really all I could think of. I also thought bitterblue was an annoyance to Po and Katsa. On a positive note, I did like the ending. The killing of the graceling kind (forgot his name) and Po's blindess (very sad, **sniff sniff**). And back to my book bashing, I didn't like that Katsa grew up to teach young girls self-defense. I know, it's the good thing to do, to give back to the community, but I think Katsa could have made herself something much more. Overall, not the best book I've read, but not the worst. I've started Fire, and I don't like the main character much, but I've also been too busy. Idk about a third book, but I'm sure there will be.   

Wordsmith
Night_Angel
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

kajJK wrote:

Sorry, but I didn't really think Graceling was all that great. I felt the relationship between Po and Katsa was rushed, and I didn't get my chance to fall in love with the characters. I liked the fact that Gracelings existed, but I wished Katnis' gift was better. When it starts off with her gift being killing, I was like, ooh that's so cool. And then you learn she has the gift of survival, and all I could think was "oh, let's go camping then guys!". Okay, I know that survival is literally survival, not camping in the wilderness, but that was really all I could think of. I also thought bitterblue was an annoyance to Po and Katsa. On a positive note, I did like the ending. The killing of the graceling kind (forgot his name) and Po's blindess (very sad, **sniff sniff**). And back to my book bashing, I didn't like that Katsa grew up to teach young girls self-defense. I know, it's the good thing to do, to give back to the community, but I think Katsa could have made herself something much more. Overall, not the best book I've read, but not the worst. I've started Fire, and I don't like the main character much, but I've also been too busy. Idk about a third book, but I'm sure there will be.   

Fire- the main characters grow on you. I didn't start out liking it myself but I quickly fell in love with the characters.

As for Katsa- I think that she teaches the girl's because she's simple like that. Sure, she could've done so much more- but at the same time, that wouldn't have reflected her. Although I know what you mean about the relationship being rushed- I agree. Still, being the completely romantic sap I am I completely disregarded how fast things went and went "AWWW!!" through the whole thing anyhow. "^^