Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Correspondent
esme_cullen24
0 Kudos

Graphic Novels...?

just wanted to know what you guys thought of them because I want to read one and don't know which one to read.
There are four questions of value in life... What is sacred? Of what is the spirit made? What is worth living for, and what is worth dying for? The answer to each is the same. Only love.-----Emily Dickinson
Frequent Contributor
b-practical
0 Kudos

Re: Graphic Novels...?

oh wow! So many! How about if I just put up some of my favorites!?

1. Fruits Basket (An absolute must!)-Natsuki Takaya

2. Vampire Knight-Matsuri Hino

3. Alice 19th-Yu Watase

4. Fushigi Yugi-Yu Watase

5. Gentlemen's Alliance-Arina Tanemura (Totally fun for all)

6.  Chibi Vampire-Yuna Kagesaki (CUTE)

7. The Wallflower-Tomoko Hayakawa (Different but awsome)

So sad, so strange, the days that are no more.
Frequent Contributor
b-practical
0 Kudos

I've read plenty of others if none of those appeal to you..

I feel a bit alone at the moment, not to mention awkward, here since I'm the only one who's replied thus far....

New User
1strwbrymango
0 Kudos

i've read a few... here are some i loved

Tweak - nic sheff

Crank - ellen hopkins

Glass - "     " (Sequl to Crank)

Impaulse - "   "

Twisted - Laurie Halse Anderson

These are very good books. they deal with drugs, rehab, and other teen problems.

~*~ MiSsiN' yOu ~*~

~YoU sAiD YoU LovEd mE oNcE WhaT HaPPenED?~
musicangirl
0 Kudos

if your talking about like manga ya i've read alot. i have two shelves filled and more of manga.

• vampire knights
  • WANTED
  • MeruPuri
  • Captive Hearts

all above are by masturi hino

• Fruits Baskets and Phantom Dream by natsuki takaya
  • Bizenghast by M. Alice LeGrow
  • Sinobi Life
  • Wild Ones
  • The Good Witch of the West
  • Ultra Manaic
  • Venus in Love
  • Metoma Kiss
  • Kamakaze katio Jeanne
  • ION

~Mg

Sometimes people give up,
other times they move on,
and sometimes they just stay still.

I turned to the clarinets. They were a resourceful lot.~Jennifer Echols, Major Crush
Kyleigh
0 Kudos

I think everyone else has pretty much said everything but definately read Death Note. 
"There are two types of people in this world. People who hate clowns...and clowns."
Frequent Contributor
b-practical
0 Kudos

Are the Death note novels better than the show, by any chance?
Kyleigh
0 Kudos

I've never seen the show.  I really like the graphic novels from what I've skimmed in stores though.  Lol.  I'm planning on stealing them from a friend. 
"There are two types of people in this world. People who hate clowns...and clowns."
Inspired Contributor
Rachael1418
0 Kudos

One thing about Fruits basket..........

You will love it....but the only thing is if you really like it you will cry.....I know I did alot but I couldn't help it at all......I just love Tohru and Kyo.....

One thing about it which I love as the books go on the characters grew...they change in apperance and I loved that.......

I finish volume 22 and volume 23 a couple of days and cried and cried.  It was beautiful.....Did anybody read those yet????

" When I read I feel like a whole new world opens where I can laugh, love and cry.....Where it can take away my sadness....That is how I can escape the world around me....Where no one is hurt anymore and I can do whatever I want, and no one can judge me....I can just be ME "
musicangirl
0 Kudos

Wait i thought 22 wasn't coming out till march? how did you read it already.
~Mg

I turned to the clarinets. They were a resourceful lot.~Jennifer Echols, Major Crush
Inspired Contributor
Rachael1418
0 Kudos

Do you want me to give you the website......It has all the chapters on there.......

They were in japanese and someone translated them......

??????

Heads up thou on it.....Wait for what part did you leave off on.....What is the ending of volume 21.....Did she fall yet???

" When I read I feel like a whole new world opens where I can laugh, love and cry.....Where it can take away my sadness....That is how I can escape the world around me....Where no one is hurt anymore and I can do whatever I want, and no one can judge me....I can just be ME "
musicangirl
0 Kudos

*spoiler alert for volume 21 of fruba*

i already read that part, she's in the hospital already, but i read the first chapter of 22 because it was at the end of Phantom Dream. And thats Kyo facing his dad. 

~Mg

Inspired Contributor
Rachael1418
0 Kudos

OMG...I have to tell you this and I won't say anymore

When she is in the hospital nobody will let Kyo see her it was so sad....

That scene isn't too pretty....When I found out that Kyo knew Tohru before they met I so looked back at all the chapters and which was it...When they went to go visit Tohru's moms grave...Someone...who was it..turned to him and was like why are you so sad.....Or he went to go look for Tohru when she went missing....

I love when Kyo kisses her when she was on the ground and at the bottom is said "Did I reach you" I loved that