Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Correspondent
Wolfgirl22
0 Kudos

Greek Mythology or Shakespeare???

Do you guys know any books (teen books) that have any greek mythology (Example: Oh, My Gods, Goddes Boot Camp) or shakespeare books (example: Wondrus Strange). Something like that?

That would really help me, thanks =)

http://psykhe22.blogspot.com/
http://psykhe22-challenge.blogspot.com/

New User
anthrospeak
0 Kudos

Re: Greek Mythology or Shakespeare???

One example for Greek Mythology would be the Percy Jackson Series.  It's kinda for younger kids, but I still love them. :smileyhappy: Plus, they're coming out with a movie soon.

Also, there's a book called Shakespeare's Secret, but I read that in 6th Grade, so that may also be for younger kids.  It's about Shakespeare and stuff.

They're both for younger kids, but they're not bad.

Hope that helps. :smileyhappy:

Correspondent
Wolfgirl22
0 Kudos

Yea, whatever you come up with I'll read it. Thanx =)

Inspired Wordsmith
twilight_fanatic_01
0 Kudos

Hmmm...don't know anything relatively Shakespearish, but I do know some Greek mythology books:

1. Percy Jackson and the Olympians series

2. The Fire Thief Trilogy

Both are great and I highly reccomend them :smileyhappy:))

Correspondent
Wolfgirl22
0 Kudos

Thanks for some suggestions, it really helps. It's just that those two topics are really addicting to read ^_^'

Wordsmith
Golden_Reader12
0 Kudos

Ever by Gail Carson Levine. Its not greek mythology exactly, but its greek like. Also I bought Mythology by Edith Hamilton which has basically every greek myth and some norse myths in it too.

"There would be little reason to lie down at night without the possibility of seeing things bigger and more amazing than the average day might bring about. Why pick up a pen or type on a keyboard if there's no imagination or wonder left to behold?"
-pg 3 of Leven Thumps and the Wrath of Ezra
Wordsmith
J.R._BookWorm
0 Kudos

I just started to read The Percy Jackson Series!

It's sooo good! :smileyhappy:

(I love your signature Golden_Reader12!)

:smileyhappy:

"I didn't have quite same...upbringing as my adopted siblings here. My begining was something else entirely."
Jasper
~Eclipse~
Frequent Contributor
Christinewannabe47
0 Kudos

I love the Percy Jackson Series, I love it so much I'm almost not ready for a movie of it lol! That's one of the best that I've found but also ummm...the...oh, Nobody's Princess and Nobody's Prize are good books. There's a 3rd one coming out soon I think also..The Shadow Thieves and The Siren Song from the Cronus Chronicles. Kind of for more little kids but still great books. I really don't look at age levels when I find books, so some of my books are for younger kids. But hey, if they're good, they're good! :smileyhappy:

Distinguished Correspondent
Kyleigh
0 Kudos

Well Shakespeare wise I would recomend Eyes Like Stars.... I forgot the authors name sadly.  I think its Manchov, but it's really good and a very unique read.  I totally adored it.

"There are two types of people in this world. People who hate clowns...and clowns."
Inspired Scribe
djaq
0 Kudos

my two suggestions are the obvious i suppose:

-Percy Jackson

and

-Shakespeare's Secret

both good, but indended for younger reads i guess.

umm.. and i think there are other books that i have read .. but im forgetting right now.. ummmmmm....

oho there was another series.. i never actually read it.. but own the first book its called "the cronos chronicals" or something along those lines... but again. intended for younger kids.

or if you just like greek mythology in general, then i suggest .. [excuse my horrid spelling.. :smileyhappy: ] "d'loures book of greek myths" . my favorite mythology book everrrrrr :smileyvery-happy:

if i think of any more

[which i totally am going to do. like randomly in the middle of the night i'll just be like "ohoo i just remeberd another book!! aahhh! i must go post now!!]

i will definatley let you know! i love greek mythology and shakespeare as well. both amazingg indeed! lol i sound like a total dork.. but whatever... haha

"We could do pizza."