Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Correspondent
KaiKC

Re: Guys & Romance Books

Guys really shouldn't worry about their reputation...

My brother (he's truning eighteen this June) he likes some romance, I asked him, and I looked thorough his bookshelf. It's quite interesting, really.

He also has this book called Land of the Silver Apples, (I know, weird name), it's really good. Not much romance but definitely there. It's purely action/adventure/fantasy.

New User
Crazy4U
0 Kudos

dont feel bad once you think about it its kind of  a good thing =D
Inspired Wordsmith
Vampires-and-Spongebob
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Thank you God! And it at least you people know guys that read! Out of like the 100 and something guys I know, 2 of them read! It's so aggitating! But thank you for not being like the other terrible part of the population (Aka guys!) Here are some books you might like!

•  Wicked series by Nancy Holder (Witchs rule!)
  • Den of Shadows series by Amelia Atwater Rhodes (one of them doesn't have romance)
  • The Secret Circle series by L.J. Smith! (Once again, witchs rule!)
  • The Vampire Diaries series by L.J. Smith
  • Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead! (My fav series!)
  • Evernight series by Claudia Gray!
  • Look For Me By Moonlight by Mary Downing Hahn (The beginng is romance but the rest....)
  • Blue Bloods series by Melissa De La Cruz
  • Gemma Doyle series by Liss Bray (First is called A Great and Terrible Beauty!)
  • Ghostgirl by Tonya Hurley (Hilarious!)
  • A Certain Slant of Light by Laura Whitcomb (Completly Romance!)
  • To Catch A Pirate by Jade Parker (There's violence! Yay violence!)
  • Evermore by Alyson Noel
  • Suck It Up by Brian Meehl
  • The Silver Kiss by Annette Kurtis Klause
  • Need by Carrie Jones

Hope you like them!

P.S. I got Hunted today! Whoot! =P

Message Edited by Vampires-and-Spongebob on 03-11-2009 06:51 PM
"Behold the male beast roaring in the jungle for his mate. See how the female beast giggles behind a shrub while she organizes her voice to say 'Pardon dear, did you say something?'"~Elphaba, Wicked, pg.102-103
Inspired Contributor
chesca123
0 Kudos

Woahh. I really felt the need to admit that i admire your honesty, because probably almost of my guy friends would never admit to that even the gay ones lol!

i think you might like the work of Scott westerfield. Some of his novels are absolutely genius!

Oh and looking for alaska, seems to be something you might like, though i cannot remember the author right now (sorry)!

You also might like the Noughts and Crosses series by malorie blackman. However, im not entirely sure whether or not its available outside of the UK. i dint enjoy THAT much but it was preety big over here and there are many romance-related scenes.

Inspired Contributor
chesca123
0 Kudos

Oh and Tither and Ironside by Holly Black are two of my all time favourite novels. so you should read them! i really want to know what someone of the opposite gender thinks about them lol! my guy friends THINK they are too "cool" or lame rather to read them.

Contributor
LastCapitalist
0 Kudos

Thanks all I appreciate all the help. The looking for alaska books author is John Green and it was a AMAZING book, one in a million.
"When the rich wage war it's the poor who die."
Jean-Paul Sartre
Wordsmith
Arielle
0 Kudos

shesaxsensation wrote:

Arielle, I still see the second book of Vampire Beach everytime I go to Barnes and Noble but I never see the first one! I think someone is hiding it or something.

Oh Briana that is so funny. Im sorry. I hope you find it!!! :] 

Who controls the past controls the future.
Who controls the present controls the past.
Wordsmith
shesaxsensation
0 Kudos

Lol yeah it always catches my attention because it's one of the books that you can see the front cover instead of just the ... Idk what to call it. The end of the book? I don't know lol. But yeah I'm going to ask for help next time.
"For almost ninety years I've walked among my kind, and yours...all the time thinking I was complete in myself, not realizing what I was seeking. And not finding anything, because you weren't alive yet."

- Edward Cullen
Wordsmith
Arielle
0 Kudos

The spine of the book?? Or like the end where the page ends are. Because if its that then I have no idea, but if it is where the title is, then thats the Spine.  And definitely ask for help!! haha.. I hope you like it. I would feel so terrible if I keep recommending it to you and others and it turns out to be the crappiest book. 
Wordsmith
shesaxsensation
0 Kudos

Don't worry, I've read some boring books. I'm not too picky. And yes, the spine of the book.
"For almost ninety years I've walked among my kind, and yours...all the time thinking I was complete in myself, not realizing what I was seeking. And not finding anything, because you weren't alive yet."

- Edward Cullen
New User
lyssabear
0 Kudos

i think its awesome you like romance books :smileywink: some books that i really liked were the Uglies, Pretties, Specials series... lots of romance with action too. also if  you havent read The Hunger Games you are mission out!!! i auctally liked it more that twilight it that is imaginable lol good luck :0)
New User
Crazy-4-Love
0 Kudos

i know right usually it takes me about 2 days to fin a good book but a bad one will take me FOREVER!!!

Wordsmith
Arielle
0 Kudos

shesaxsensation wrote:
Don't worry, I've read some boring books. I'm not too picky. And yes, the spine of the book.
Okay that makes me feel better. :]
If you do get it and read it, be sure to let me know what you think!  

New User
contaminatedlove
0 Kudos

The Host is a good book.

suspense && romance. <3 

Correspondent
dragon560
0 Kudos

I'm a fantasy book person and i think that a book needs the romance in it to make people think more about the characters in the book they are reading.which makes people like what they are reading.so if you like book then you probably like romance.B)
Quote-"a book always keeps something of its owner between its pages"

dragons rock~
Distinguished Correspondent
KaiKC

So true dragon560... I agree completely. Some people don't realize that, though...
Inspired Contributor
BookGeek84
0 Kudos

REALLY GOOD BOOKS       sorry there mostly vampire novels

Vampire Kisses Series

Secret Circle Series

Vampire Diaries Series

Twilight Series

Vampire Academy Series

Marked Series

There is more I just can't think...

And I'm all for the dudes and romances. I know of 2 guys who have read Twilight and went back for New Moon

:smileyhappy:

Love, Kaliegh 

Correspondent
Ginger-Kid
0 Kudos

Hey. I think it's awesome that a guy reads books like that.

Here is a few that I know.

Twisted. (can't remember the author)

Thirteen reasons why.

hope I could help

"Speak Your Mind
[even if your voice shakes]"
New User
lyssabear
0 Kudos

oh i remembered one more its a book called Gone its really long but pretty good :smileyhappy:

Inspired Correspondent
bookaholic_girl

All I can say is way to go Last Capitalist! It is nice to know there are guys out there with good taste. It is nothing at all to be ashamed of. In my opinion, I think guys should start reading more romance type books if for no other reason but so they'd have a better understanding of girls and "how we work". lol. You should probably try some of the classic romances. Here are some suggestions.

Books:

Tess of the D'Urbervilles by Thomas Hardy

Wuthering Heights  by Emily Bronte

Jane Eyre by Charolette Bronte

The Innocents Within by Robert Daley (Not considered a classic but good just the same.)

Bleak House by Charles Dickens

Authors:

Jane Austen

Nicholas Sparks

Jodi Picoult

I might can think up some more later. You can always message me if you want to talk about books or something. As a 16yr old girl, I find it rather refreshing for there to be a guy interested in romance. Especially a straight one. :smileytongue:

~Briana

~I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.~
Philippians 4:13