Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
Bluedino_01

Re: Guys & Romance Books

2nd guy to post? I guess, haha. I do think that many guys read romance books but they don't like talking about it. I can't really say that I love the romance genre because i've only read the Twilight Series by Stephenie Meyer but, I honestly thought they were pretty good, and I just recently came up to a book that some people are claiming is better than Twilight and it's the Mortal Instruments Series. I'll be reading that soon. But I've enjoyed the genre and am open to any suggestions.
Frequent Contributor
StubbornAT
0 Kudos

Actually most of the guys at my school have read twilight and discuss it freely. And many guys have read Harry Potter and it does have romance in it so you can point that out to them. What kind of books are you interested in? 
Frequent Contributor
Love2read34
0 Kudos

Guys who show what they really like to read are the guys girls go for, Romance is great for guys to get into because it can show them good and bad examples of what the should and should not do. Like guys could take really good notes from Edward Cullen.

Frequent Contributor
Love2read34
0 Kudos

try sarah dessens books. They are amazing, suspensful and have alot of romance thrown in with ups and downs.
Bibliophile
ZoeyRedbird
0 Kudos

I soooooooooooo agree with u love2read its like u took the words right out of my mouth
"You have to dream before your dreams can come true."
Abdul Kalam
"What great thing would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?"
Robert H. Schuller

Distinguished Correspondent
Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

i second that...romance is imprtant for guys...specially the immature ones
"He is bound to you,” said the Queen. “But does he love you?"
Bibliophile
ZoeyRedbird
0 Kudos

that would be like every 13 year old boy i know
Abdul Kalam
Robert H. Schuller

Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

i know right...lol
Bibliophile
ZoeyRedbird
0 Kudos

lol some people just need to like get a life and grow up
Abdul Kalam
Robert H. Schuller

Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

on that we agree...lol
Bibliophile
ZoeyRedbird
0 Kudos

we agree on alot of things have ya noticed
Abdul Kalam
Robert H. Schuller

Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

yeah...were smart lol
Frequent Contributor
operasinger34
0 Kudos

Graceling  is good.

also Vampire Academy awesome. vampires and romance. it is my favorite series i think. it goes Vampire Academy, Frostbite, Shadow Kiss, and Blood Promise is coming out Aug. 25!!!

Don't tell Emmett, but I love Kellan more.
Contributor
Author123
0 Kudos

I'm a girl to but I just had to say that I love the MOrtal Insturments too, especially City of Glass!! Don't worry they will come up whith some really good romance novels for guys. :smileyhappy:
I CAN READ
I CAN WRITE
AND I LIVE IN THE U.S.A
I'M RICH...
Correspondent
thaisra
0 Kudos

good only a guy sure of his manliness would admit this kind of  stuff good for you!
Contributor
alylovezu2
0 Kudos

Wow. ive never thought that guys dnt read romance books. Most people I know minus one don't read so i've never thought of a guy not reading a  romance novel. But that good that you blast it out maybe it'll knock some sense into all the other hopeless romantic guys in the world and maybe then learn to treat women to. Good for you though.
"I always think of each night as a song. Or each moment as a song. But now I'm seeing we don't live in a single song. We move from song to song, lyric to lyric, from chord to chord. There is no ending here. It's an infinite playlist."
- Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist
Correspondent
EzoRycki

Wow I thought I was the only guy around here o_o. Romance is alright, but my interests are Greek Mythology, Fantasy, and sometimes Action-Adventure, Romance is alright to, but isn't exactly one of my MAIN interests. But hey, what ever makes your roll man, nice that you like something thats away from the crowd.
When there are many opinions of a subject, it becomes a "fact".
~A quote by me~
Inspired Correspondent
torusthetiger

[ Edited ]

Love2read34 wrote:

Guys who show what they really like to read are the guys girls go for, Romance is great for guys to get into because it can show them good and bad examples of what the should and should not do. Like guys could take really good notes from Edward Cullen.

i'm sorry but i have to say this: guys don't take notes from Edward cullen b/c he's a creeper...i mean he watches her sleep ALL the time!!! thats just plain CREEPY!!!!

some good books that you might like are:

the china garden by liz berry this book is about my all time favorite book

to catch a pirate by jade parker

a voice in the wind series by francine rivers

Voice in the Wind (Mark of the Lion Series #1) 

To Catch a Pirate 

China Garden  
Message Edited by torusthetiger on 07-29-2009 08:20 PM
"but why's she got to go to the library?" -Harry
"because that's what Hermione does........When in doubt, go to the library." -Ron (chamber of secrets)
Wordsmith
J.R._BookWorm
0 Kudos

EzoRycki wrote:
Wow I thought I was the only guy around here o_o. Romance is alright, but my interests are Greek Mythology, Fantasy, and sometimes Action-Adventure, Romance is alright to, but isn't exactly one of my MAIN interests. But hey, what ever makes your roll man, nice that you like something thats away from the crowd.

Have you read any teen romance?
"I didn't have quite same...upbringing as my adopted siblings here. My begining was something else entirely."
Jasper
~Eclipse~
Correspondent
EzoRycki
0 Kudos

Well only the first book of Twilight.
When there are many opinions of a subject, it becomes a "fact".
~A quote by me~