Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Wordsmith
Vampires-and-Spongebob
0 Kudos

Re: Guys & Romance Books

Did you hate it?!
"Behold the male beast roaring in the jungle for his mate. See how the female beast giggles behind a shrub while she organizes her voice to say 'Pardon dear, did you say something?'"~Elphaba, Wicked, pg.102-103
Correspondent
EzoRycki
0 Kudos

I didn't HATE it, I thought it was ok. But I was never interested to reaed the rest, maybe another time.
When there are many opinions of a subject, it becomes a "fact".
~A quote by me~
Inspired Wordsmith
Vampires-and-Spongebob
0 Kudos

Eh, I read the second. Did not make any sense.
"Behold the male beast roaring in the jungle for his mate. See how the female beast giggles behind a shrub while she organizes her voice to say 'Pardon dear, did you say something?'"~Elphaba, Wicked, pg.102-103
Correspondent
EzoRycki
0 Kudos

My friend told me something about Bella and the vampire guy and how something happens between them, and then he leaves her in the forest and she meets a werewolf, or something like that.
~A quote by me~
Inspired Wordsmith
Vampires-and-Spongebob
0 Kudos

My version of it is: Edwaard goes all weird, leaves her. Bella can't "breathe" without him *rolls eyes* She becomes a robot. Becomes friends with the Jacob dude and he becomes a werewolf.
Correspondent
EzoRycki
0 Kudos

I think i'm happy staying with the first book.
~A quote by me~
Inspired Wordsmith
Vampires-and-Spongebob
0 Kudos

I wish I would've.
Inspired Correspondent
Ravenclaww
0 Kudos

Well I'm a straight guy also who loves romance. Haha. I mean the only romance novel I have read was Samantha's Summer and Twilight Saga but that's a different story -_-. But I agree with original poster. I'm not really into the sports and cars stuff. Like yea I like it but Romance is awesome too. I like reading about how a guy thinks he top dog and then falls for this girl and completly falls on his arse and tries to win her over. It's funny. But I like it haha xD
TheSubtleChronicler.blogspot.com

Check it out :smileywink:
New User
iowa_girl
0 Kudos

No one cares! Is just amazing that a guy your age, strait, and is no scared to say that he likes romance books! I have a few books u may like....

the dark guardian series (moonlight, full moon, and dark of the moon) the werewolves have to find their one and only true mate by the time they are 17 and shift into

wolf form the fist time. I'm reading the second book and I love it!

then there is the night huntress series (halfway to the grave, one foot in the grave, and at grave's end) since you are 16 you may not want to read the night huntress series. Its a little on the rated-r side. I still love it! The feeling of if cat is going to fall for bones who is a hitman is just amazing!

Inspired Correspondent
Ravenclaww
0 Kudos

iowa_girl wrote:

then there is the night huntress series (halfway to the grave, one foot in the grave, and at grave's end) since you are 16 you may not want to read the night huntress series. Its a little on the rated-r side. I still love it! The feeling of if cat is going to fall for bones who is a hitman is just amazing!

What's the huntress series about?

New User
iowa_girl
0 Kudos

the hutress series is about a half vampire and half human that goes around and kills vampires. she is at a night club that she likes to lewer the vampires froms and kill them. she finds a vampire name Bones. Cat tries to kill this vampire but can't. bones offers to work with her to kill vampires but he gets to pick which ones. she later finds out he is a hitman looking for someone. when they are at a night club on a job bones kisses cat. now the question is does she love bones?
Inspired Correspondent
Ravenclaww
0 Kudos

Oooo sounds like Buffy the Vampire Slayer but different haha. xD

Distinguished Correspondent
Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

so i was at the airport and i saw some man reading a catherine coulter book...she writes romantic suspense..i was a little surprised i must say

lol

"He is bound to you,” said the Queen. “But does he love you?"
Contributor
SnoM
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I'm a guy and I like romance books too, I've even written a teen romance novel. I guess you could say it is romance for guys, since it's told from the boy's point of view, but mostly girls seem to be the only ones who read it. Have you ever thought about writing your own stories? I think more stories with a guy's perspective is def needed. Falling in love is one of the greatest adventures in life.

Here's a link to it: 

Arousing Love 

Message Edited by SnoM on 08-03-2009 12:11 PM
Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

how long is the novel

New User
Erica95
0 Kudos

I'm a girl but I still want to say something.(: I think that it's really cool that your into those kind of books. Most boys don't want to try those kind of books because they're embarassed or something, but they shouldn't be.

Try the Insiders novels(: They're really good books

Contributor
SnoM
0 Kudos

It's around 180 pages. 
Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

k, thanks
New User
TheMarquess
0 Kudos

I'm also a guy and I read the novel "the reader". Fantastic book. I recommend it.
Distinguished Scribe
SandraPants

Why do people keep pulling up threads from 2009?  Whoever posed these questions no longer cares and doesn't even post here anymore.  It would be great if people could start a new thread if a similar topic comes up so newer users don't have to sort through pages of irrelevant stuff. 

Spelling is for "loosers."
http://sandrathenookworm.blogspot.com/