Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
LastCapitalist

Guys & Romance Books

Hey, im 16 years old and im one of the few guys that will admit that they read romance books but i just cant help myself, all the other books that i try to get myself intrested into like sports or action books all seem to suck because they are missing that key factor and that is romance. But if your a guy dont be afraid to admit to anyone that you like romance books. I would also appericate if i could get the post out their in the public so it can start a trend where authors will start writing romance books for guys. If anyone has anyone has any suggestions for adventure/romance books like House of night, Blue is for nightmares, Mortal Instruments, Twilight and Looking for Alaska. Oh and if your wondering i am strait =P.
"When the rich wage war it's the poor who die."
Jean-Paul Sartre
Distinguished Correspondent
KaiKC

Re: Guys & Romance Books

Okay, I'm a girl, but deal with it, cause I'm replying.

I liked the Night World series, and a whole lot of others I can't think of right now. I liked the House of Night series, and Twilight...

Most guys are idiots only because they only are into the sports books and cars and some such things. They try to act 'cool' but really are idiots. Your not like that, so good for you. :smileyhappy:

xojewlzx012

you most def. just became my favorite ever lol

thank you for admititing it! All the guys i know are all like " oh twilightt & romance books are soo stupid." but its like have you given them a try? So yeea =]

" I'm completly capable of driving myself home!"
Of course she was but i wasn't capabale of letting her go
- bella & edward, midnight sun ♥
Frequent Contributor
WaterLily

Try Rachel Caine's Morganville Vampire series.  The romance that goes on in this series is not the main story line but is deff written about.
"In the end family is all that we have"
Contributor
LastCapitalist

I dont really care that your a girl, i really appericate that at least you support me and help with convince guys that most of them are romance's geeks, beacuse who isn't. =P
Jean-Paul Sartre
xojewlzx012

how old are you?
" I'm completly capable of driving myself home!"
Of course she was but i wasn't capabale of letting her go
- bella & edward, midnight sun ♥
KaiKC

xojewlzx012 wrote:
how old are you?

he's sixteen... (he wrote it in his beginning comment)
KaiKC

I thought of a few more.

Wild Magic Series- Tamora Pierce

The Summoning

Lady Knight- Tamora Pierce

This Lullaby- Sara Dessen (not really adventurous, but is about a drummer and his band... and a girl.)

That's all I can think of (again.) My mind is blank right now...

Contributor
LastCapitalist

Thanks to everyone who is posting, i really appericate it even if you dont post books its a really big help when you post because i hope i can get this thread going. Much love = )
Jean-Paul Sartre
KaiKC

No problem. It's a relief to see that not all guys are stupid enough to not give romance a try... of course, I'm in a small town, so I don't inparticularly know how other guys react to romance books. :smileyhappy:
New User
Crazy-4-Love

Okay, i LOVE romance books. even though you know they are going to end up together, its just when your reading a romance book, it makes you feel all giddy and stuff like what their thinking ang just how they feel about that other person that they want to spend the rest of thier life with. its AWSOME!!!!=D
Contributor
LastCapitalist

I know what you mean you get that warm feeling that makes you addicted to romance novels. But the few books that keep bringing twist like in Cassandra Clares' Mortal Instrument. If you havnt read it very much recommend that your read it.
Jean-Paul Sartre
Correspondent
iluvhersheys_andbooks

I would just like to point out that it kicks a** that you are a guy not trying to be like the rest of the immature male population and actually admit that you like to read romance books. And really who doesnt.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Great Action and Romance Books!!!                                                                                  1. Vampire Kisses Series
                      2. Mediator Series
                      3. 1-800-WHERE-R-U series
                      4. The Hunger Games
                      5. Tithe
                      6. Valient
                      7. Ironside
                      8. Wicked Lovely
                      9. Frozen Fire
                    10. Blood and Chocolate... I know more but I'm too lazy to think of them!!!

www.blackandblueink.blogspot.com ------- Funnest Place on Earth...well to me!!!
Contributor
LastCapitalist

Thanks I really appericate the support i just hope that someday guys can be comfortable with themselfs that they can admit to things they really like. Instead of being the generic ignorant, stupid, jackass guys
Jean-Paul Sartre
Correspondent
iluvhersheys_andbooks

Right on, Fight the power!!! LOL!!!
www.blackandblueink.blogspot.com ------- Funnest Place on Earth...well to me!!!
New User
Crazy-4-Love
0 Kudos

DUDE!! if you liked twilight, i found this book called Jennifers guide to dating the dark side, it looks REALLY good it has romance AND vampires!!! (again)=D
Wordsmith
Arielle
0 Kudos

You could try the Vampire Beach series by Alex Duval. Its about Vampires and it does have Romance in them. But it isnt quite like Twilight, it is different but they are good books!
Who controls the past controls the future.
Who controls the present controls the past.
Wordsmith
shesaxsensation
0 Kudos

Arielle, I still see the second book of Vampire Beach everytime I go to Barnes and Noble but I never see the first one! I think someone is hiding it or something.

"For almost ninety years I've walked among my kind, and yours...all the time thinking I was complete in myself, not realizing what I was seeking. And not finding anything, because you weren't alive yet."

- Edward Cullen
Contributor
LastCapitalist
0 Kudos

thanks appreciate all the help
Jean-Paul Sartre
Contributor
LastCapitalist
0 Kudos