Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. On May 1, we’re saying goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
LUVtheFLUFF247
0 Kudos

HELP! NEED BOOKS!

Hey,
As u can tell i need some books. i just finished A Ring Of Endless Light by well i dont remember but anyway, i need a book. I luv books like the Gallagher Series. i also luved A Ring of Endless Light, but now i need a another book! my problem is i am too scared to by a book unless someone has read it, given me a description, and said it was good. All of my gift cards are going to waste! I need books. i like romance without sexuality and mystery/spyish stuff. Please help me!
~ "If all else perished, and he remained, I should still continue to be; and if all else remained, and he were annihilated, the universe would turn to a mighty stranger."
I nodded, again to my-self." I know exactly what she means. And I know who I can't live without." ~ Bella Swan
Frequent Contributor
iloveloveloveedward
0 Kudos

Re: HELP! NEED BOOKS!

try TWILIGHT almost everyone read that already. :smileyhappy:
**DLN**
Frequent Contributor
GCACheerldr14
0 Kudos

The Host
Kacy -/--

"When you follow your heart, you should have no regrets. When you follow someone elses, those regrets may lose your heart." -anonymous
Isaiah 41:28-31- life verse
Contributor
LUVtheFLUFF247
0 Kudos

I already read the Twilight Saga. I just didnt say so because then people would recommend other vampire books, and i'm not interested in other vampire books, just Twilight.
~ "If all else perished, and he remained, I should still continue to be; and if all else remained, and he were annihilated, the universe would turn to a mighty stranger."
I nodded, again to my-self." I know exactly what she means. And I know who I can't live without." ~ Bella Swan
Frequent Contributor
iloveloveloveedward
0 Kudos

ok, how about books by Kate Brain?

all the books by Kate Brain r:
1.)the Private series
2.)Megan Meade's Guide to the McGowan Boys
3.)Lucky T
4.)Fake Boyfriend
5.)Sweet 16( my opinion it wasn't so good)
6.)the V Club(the only book i didnt read from her)

i hope this help, :smileyhappy:
**DLN**
Inspired Contributor
MadamedeChevreuse
0 Kudos

You could also try Trickster's Choice or Trickster's Queen by Tamora Pierce. They aren't set in modern times, but they are spy, etc. as you described. Perhaps you will like! I know I did. 
A book is like a mirror: If an idiot peers into it, you can't expect an apostle to look out.
New User
sporty_reads21
0 Kudos

thrill ride--rachel hawthorne
awsom romance book

agatha christie is a great mystery writer
Contributor
callie321
0 Kudos

if u like books like the gallahager girls sieries then try under cover girl its about a girl whos only a teen that  becomes a spy

callie
Frequent Contributor
killerkittybot
0 Kudos

try a book by V.C Andrews. I hear they are pretty good. Their website is www.completevca.com
Contributor
book_lover_tnmebdth
0 Kudos

Let's see:
1. Wicked Lovely and Ink Exchange by Melissa Marr
2. A Great and Terrible Beauty, Rebel Angels, and The Sweet Far Thing by Libba Bray
3. Maximum Ride byh James Patterson
4. Uglies, Pretties, Extras, and Specials by Scott Westerfield
That should hold you off for a while.... these are all assuming that you have read Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, and The Host.....if not then go get them now and may the reading begin!!
"Look after my heart, I left it with you."
-Edward Anthony Masen Cullen
Frequent Contributor
pandaking95
0 Kudos

expand ur herizons read rune marks im a guy and i read city of bones a decent book and do not i repeat do not read the twilight series
"i think we consider too much the good luck of the early bird and not enough the bad luck of the the early worm "

-franklin delano roosevelt (1882-1945)
Frequent Contributor
iloveloveloveedward
0 Kudos

u dont need 2 b mean about twilight.
**DLN**
Frequent Contributor
pandaking95
0 Kudos

not being mean jjust saying dont read it
"i think we consider too much the good luck of the early bird and not enough the bad luck of the the early worm "

Frequent Contributor
iloveloveloveedward
0 Kudos

ur just twisting the word mean.
**DLN**
Distinguished Correspondent
musicangirl
0 Kudos

• Sarah Dessen novels (especially Just Listen and This Lullaby)
  • Fake Boyfriend and the Private Series by Kate Brian
  • The Summer Boys Series and other novels by Hailey Abbott
  • Go Figure by Jo edwards
  • Meg Cabots 1-800-Where-r-u series
  • Clique Series by Lisi Harrison
  • Kiss Me Kill Me
  • The Countess Below Stairs by Iva Ibbotson (all of her books are good too)
  • The Romantic Comedies Series (especially Major Crush and The Boys Next Door) its by a series of authors
  • The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series
  • Peaches, The Secret of the Peaches
  • I know u said u didn't want to read any other books with Vampires bu i would really suggest reading the Morganville Vampire Series by Rachel Caine its amazing and is so not like Twilight at all.
  • The Cry of the Icemark and Blade of Fire
  • The Song of the Sparrow.
  • The Society of S (this is vampire too but its a great book and it hardley deals with them).
  • Oh my Goth
~Mg

Sometimes people give up,
other times they move on,
and sometimes they just stay still.

I turned to the clarinets. They were a resourceful lot.~Jennifer Echols, Major Crush
Distinguished Correspondent
musicangirl
0 Kudos

Mr. Panda,
If u don't like twilight keep it to u're self. Not everyone in this world hates it!!! Everyone practically loves it. Now stop or u will have the whole teen reads club and twilight club after u because u keep on telling everyone to not read it.
~Mg

Sometimes people give up,
other times they move on,
and sometimes they just stay still.

I turned to the clarinets. They were a resourceful lot.~Jennifer Echols, Major Crush
Frequent Contributor
pandaking95
0 Kudos

i am truly sorry to the book twilight and all of its loyal fans and gracious supporters :robotwink:

Frequent Contributor
iloveloveloveedward
0 Kudos

i dont ur that srry.
**DLN**
Frequent Contributor
platinumpink
0 Kudos

Artemis Fowl is good
Contributor
hypersoda
0 Kudos

Kino no Tabi: Book One of The Beautiful World

a) No. Not a manga. Just a Japanese light novel, though you can find it in the manga section.
b) Apparently, it seems that Tokyopop is no longer releasing the books because of troubles with the licensor. You should still be able to get book one, though (it's the only one that's been released).
c) It's short, only just over 200 pages, but I still reccommend it. It's a very interesting light read; it has plenty of adventure, as well as ideas to think about.

Hypersoda--The anime fanfiction writer, a deviant, a Gaian, a Flyff-er, and Mabinogi Player. ^_^

"The world is not beautiful, and therefore it is."--Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino no Tabi