Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
Jon_B
0 Kudos

Harry Potter vs. Twilight - The Ultimate Showdown

While of course many people like both of these popular series', we've still gotten quite a few people coming to the Book Clubs wanting to talk about which one they think is better.

But which series really is the most popular here at the Book Clubs?  Go to our home page, look down on the left for the poll and vote for which one is your favorite.... and we'll soon find out!

Need some help setting up your My B&N profile? Click here!

Looking for a particular book, but can't remember the title or author? Ask about it here!
Inspired Scribe
djaq
0 Kudos

Re: Harry Potter vs. Twilight - The Ultimate Showdown

go harry potter!

(but when you think about it; twilight would make the better bon fire..... no offense to anyone!!!)

"We could do pizza."
Wordsmith
shesaxsensation
0 Kudos

I'm not even voting lol. This is a little ridiculous.
"For almost ninety years I've walked among my kind, and yours...all the time thinking I was complete in myself, not realizing what I was seeking. And not finding anything, because you weren't alive yet."

- Edward Cullen
Inspired Correspondent
bella_swan_lover
0 Kudos

I got to say im a little mad at the percent right now I think that some of an unfair advantage for Harry Potter because of the book club but then the twilight fans kind of get mad when people say that twilight is soo over talked so then they switch to a different website. I hope Twilight bost up to atleast 1/3 and not a horrible 29%.
"La Push baby it's La Push. Are you going?" asked Eric
"I'll go if you stop saying that." replied Bella.

~*~ Twilight Fangirl ~*~
Inspired Wordsmith
Vampires-and-Spongebob
0 Kudos

Harry Potter. He he he! Can't help it, I love magic!
"Behold the male beast roaring in the jungle for his mate. See how the female beast giggles behind a shrub while she organizes her voice to say 'Pardon dear, did you say something?'"~Elphaba, Wicked, pg.102-103
New User
yellowtaxi
0 Kudos

harry potter is amazing, twilight was only written because meyers wanted to try and make an epic like harry potter. it didnt work. meyers cant write to save her life, while rowling is a true author, with character and style.

GO HARRY POTTER!!!

Inspired Wordsmith
laylapoma
0 Kudos

harry potter.

no contest

i tripped up the stairs once.
its not as fun as people say.
New User
omg_books_
0 Kudos

I believe Harry Potter is Better!!!!
Wordsmith
blackmiss
0 Kudos

umm... sorry. Harry Potter is way better!
Contributor
World_Traveler13
0 Kudos

Harry Potter! As much as I liked Twilight, it was a good story, with no substance. Harry shows true writing talent, a complexity that keeps the story interesting no matter how many times you re-read it. Twilight has only face value to offer; there is nothing between the lines.
New User
devilsgirl
0 Kudos

i would have to say twilight. everyone knows what whiches and wizards and  goblins are like 

but stephnie meyer shows us that vampires dont always wear black and drink human blood. i for one am obsessed with the welll beloved a saga i read the whole saga 20......... yea 20 time and i cant stop its addicting. soo u stipid harry potter fans say wat ever you want because twilight overcome harry potter on ALL levels

-emily ,13

Distinguished Correspondent
BLUEICEGAL
0 Kudos

oh crap everyone get ready for a major bitch fight, *sighs* i am so not choosing between the two, we so  know how its gunna go down when books like these are compared right?

Wanna know the awesomeness that is moi??? movies, artists, gossip and the latest reviews of your fav books not to mention my upcoming twilight parody that i am currently working on is all here folks!! @ My Blog Fantasy4eva spread the word girls :smileyhappy:
Fantasy4eva
Inspired Correspondent
Ravenclaww

[ Edited ]

Lol sorry but i have to choose.

HARRY POTTER ALL THE WAY!

I mean Twilight can't even compare to it. The writing, the characters, the plot, the story, EVERYTHING!

Twilight you barely know the characters. They're all 2-D with no backbone (story behind them). Girls only say he's hot because SMeyer says he's hot. Because if I remember correctly she didn't even describe any of the characters unless it was. High cheek bones, red eyes, hair like fire.

In Harry Potter everything is major. JKR wrote Harry Potter because she loved it. She actually created a world. EVERY SINGLE CHARACTER has a story to them. I mean people who we basically never even met have a story. Characters who basically are just there (Dean Thomas) has the most interesting story, says JKR. I mean the way it is written and played out is basically like real life, save the magical aspects. The emotions, the friendships, the love, the hatred everything is played out well because they're teenagers. And plus JKR shows a little of every power. She shows what woman power is, she shows the real power of love. It just has everything.

And if you think about it Harry Potter sold far more copies than Twilight Saga. I mean with Order of the Phoenix, if you put them in a straight line they would go around the earth three times. And the movies, just with the sixth movie, it has made the most money in the world in history of all time beating  out James Bond with like 22 movies and more. Now imagine when the last two movies come out, who's gonna beat it.

I know that Twilight and Harry Potter aren't really things to compare seeing as they're both different. Twilight has a good plot going on and characters that could have gone way further, but SMeyer just didn't play her cards right. Where JKR did.

EDIT: I'd rather have my kids read Harry Potter and never Twilight because with Twilight it's just like are you serious. A teenager falling in love with a baby. And more stuff where in Harry Potter it's natural.

Oh and I've also seen stories and heard them about Twilight fanatics attacking people because they don't like Twilight. (not saying it's everyone just the ones who go over-board)

And another thing. There's really no need for name calling about other fans. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and no opinion is wrong.

Message Edited by Ravenclaww on 08-09-2009 01:42 PM
TheSubtleChronicler.blogspot.com

Check it out :smileywink:
Distinguished Correspondent
BLUEICEGAL
0 Kudos

dont say i didnt tell u so, u are so gunna get abused lmao :smileyvery-happy:
Wanna know the awesomeness that is moi??? movies, artists, gossip and the latest reviews of your fav books not to mention my upcoming twilight parody that i am currently working on is all here folks!! @ My Blog Fantasy4eva spread the word girls :smileyhappy:
Fantasy4eva
Inspired Correspondent
Ravenclaww
0 Kudos

I know. Lol but then again we'll get to see the maturity of the people and the fans. And it'll only prove me right. That some Twilight Fanatics are a but lunatic. I'm not saying all so if this doesn't apply to you don't make it.
TheSubtleChronicler.blogspot.com

Check it out :smileywink:
Wordsmith
Golden_Reader12
0 Kudos

Um... I'm like Sweden in this one, totally nuetral. I thought both were great stories and I'm happy for both authors. Its true that I was never a true to the core Harry Potter fan but I also only really fell for the first two twilight books, then my excitment dwindled to a comfortable appreacition where I still liked the books but realized they weren't anywhere close to some of my favorites. As long as they both brought enjoyment to readers out there that's all that matters:smileyhappy:
"There would be little reason to lie down at night without the possibility of seeing things bigger and more amazing than the average day might bring about. Why pick up a pen or type on a keyboard if there's no imagination or wonder left to behold?"
-pg 3 of Leven Thumps and the Wrath of Ezra
Contributor
EmoGirl_Love
0 Kudos

TWILIGHT!

(I couldn't get passed the first page on Harry Potter)

'Caress the one, the never fading rain in your heart-The tears of snow white sorrow-Caress the one, the hiding amaranth in the land of the daybreak'
~Nightwish~
Amaranth
Correspondent
pupdog96
0 Kudos

Twilight! Twilight! Twilight! Twilight!!!!! I do like the Harry Potter movies though.
“Instead of wishing you were someone else, be proud of who you are. You never know who has been looking at you wishing they were you.”
~unknown
New User
Mr_Sir
0 Kudos

Harry Potter is better in every way possible. Period. End of Discussion.

Frequent Contributor
Himeko
0 Kudos

No contest.

Harry Potter rules.

"Defying my will" is not a crime worthy of life in Azkaban and I should not tell that to the first years.

"In all of your acts, self-interest shall be cast away. Look and listen for the welfare of the whole people, and have always in view...the unborn of the future Nation" - The 13 Laws of the Great Peace