Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Correspondent
BLUEICEGAL
0 Kudos

Re: Harry Potter??

tiger since where like exacly on the same part on half blooded prince, well go through it together, and like discuss or talk about cirtian things, we wanna know or enjoyed, what u fink?

and ive read all the books  a while back to, i just love the last book and the ending, the ending it was sad, but touching t ose everyone grow up u know, it was really kool , but this might be my fav just becuase like how al the romances are finally introduced thats deffo a turning point for me :smileyhappy:

Wanna know the awesomeness that is moi??? movies, artists, gossip and the latest reviews of your fav books not to mention my upcoming twilight parody that i am currently working on is all here folks!! @ My Blog Fantasy4eva spread the word girls :smileyhappy:
Fantasy4eva
Inspired Scribe
djaq
0 Kudos

ohmygods BLUE, i loovvvveee your new signature lol! brilliant! :smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy:

"We could do pizza."
BLUEICEGAL
0 Kudos

tnx :smileyvery-happy: i love it, its just to funny :smileyhappy:
Wanna know the awesomeness that is moi??? movies, artists, gossip and the latest reviews of your fav books not to mention my upcoming twilight parody that i am currently working on is all here folks!! @ My Blog Fantasy4eva spread the word girls :smileyhappy:
Fantasy4eva
Bibliophile
Silvermist24
0 Kudos

lmao! That's awesome!
Baby you can drive my car,
Yes I'm gonna be a star,
And Baby I love you,
Beep Beep, Beep Beep, Yea!
Frequent Contributor
WhatsMyStory
0 Kudos

Its so funny! I laugh everytime i see it
"It took people 10 years to figure out that while stuck in a morning commute, they could be listening to a book." Publishers Weekly - Paul Hilts
Frequent Contributor
WhatsMyStory
0 Kudos

has anyone seen the new movie yet? People are giving me mixed reviews.
"It took people 10 years to figure out that while stuck in a morning commute, they could be listening to a book." Publishers Weekly - Paul Hilts
Inspired Correspondent
CHEYtheBOOK_LOVER
0 Kudos

I saw it last night.. It was pretty good. They left a lot out that was in the book that could have made it better, ****SPOILER**** like after they kill the good guy..(trying not to spoil completely for those of you that haven't read) at the end. (sad) they just run away, there's no fight between the Death Eaters and the Order. I thought they could have added that. BUT other then that it was GREAT! It seemed like they rushed the end a bit. It really was great though. there was no relationship between Harry and "the girl", they just kissed, ONCE! He did save her though.... I'm gonna SHUT UP now.. WATCH IT. it was really GOOD!!
I'm a book nerd.
I like making my friends into book nerds.
BLUEICEGAL
0 Kudos

ok i have jsut as of now finished deathly hallows after two painnstaking days,  since im watchng the movie tmw thank god thats over, well the ending reli does leave it on a cliffhanger and alot of stuff to fill, so im hoping the next movie comes out soon, as of u guys that dont know for snape, despite everything i feel sory for the guy, liking a cirtian girl, being  bullied, hes one of the guys u vouch for earlier one and support to bad al that comes out late when its a little to late anyways i am jsut so exited for tmrw!!! js me and some firends , crnt wait!!
Fantasy4eva
xojewlzx012
0 Kudos

oh i saw the movie today! i re read the book last week so i could refresh my memory but i'm kinda mad i did lol b/c then i realized how much they left outt. i was dying to see the fight b/t the death eaters & the order & ppl at the end that never happenedd. but it was a good movie, but it was just different from the book.
" I'm completly capable of driving myself home!"
Of course she was but i wasn't capabale of letting her go
- bella & edward, midnight sun ♥
BLUEICEGAL
0 Kudos

jus watched the movie, loved it!!! much improved form the last movie, but i gota agreee there were all these parts where i was thinking there gunna deffo be in the movie, like they dint even introduce fluer, or bill, and the end was acurate but apart from where was the fight hello??? like bills suposed to be slashed and deformed isnt that something major to add to, but then even worse they left out, voldermorts past, like how could they not introduce his mother when she is such a huge link to him!! about her falling for a muggle how she was treated by her family, are just major things they could have aded, and harry never told ginny they couldnt be together in the end either..... yes im dissapointed for those reasons, but i still loved the movie, it was funny as i predicted at parts, and then really intense, like when ron started foaming, eveyone went eerily quiet, lol but yh i realy liked it crnt wait for the next!!!
Fantasy4eva
Inspired Scribe
djaq

yea the half blood prince movie was waaayyyyy better than OOTP was! but i was pretty irked over how much was left out and ***SPOILER*** why the heck would you ADD a scene to the movie, that 1.) wasnt in the book. AND 2.) didnt really add to the plot/story of the movie itself??? i mean the effects and stuff were pretty cool. i sort of seriously loved the opening scene w/ the bridge collapse! swankified!!! :smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy: and emma watson and rupert grint (<3 him!! :smileyvery-happy:) had the best lines in the movie!! lol and so did george and fred MAJOR SPOILER!!! [:'( tear] ok major spoiler over.. :smileyhappy: but yea i loved the twin's line when they r at the joke shop with ron.. lol... "how much does this cost?" "5 galleons!" "how much does this cost for me??" "5 galleons!" "but im your brother!!" "10 GALLEONS!!" rotfl they are prefect for those rolls!! i absolutely adore james and oliver [phillips.. right?] and rupert was just totally brilliant in this movie! [<3333 :smileyvery-happy:] oh and helena barnum carter was amazing in this film!!!! i love her as bellatrix! she was perfect for that roll! and emma did a great job as usual! lol. but has bonnie wright been taking acting lessons from kristen stewart? [spell check?] sorry, no offense, but she seemed a little stiff in HBP, and ive never really noticed that of her before? ... ok so im going to stop now before i break apart the entire picture and critic ever thing.. :smileytongue:... but that was my view of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.......... great now i sound like one of those ppl on REELZ channel or something.......... :smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy: 

"We could do pizza."
Inspired Correspondent
torusthetiger
0 Kudos

i really liked the half blood prince also b/c of the romance :] i was NOT ready for *spoiler* snape to be the prince at all.....that was a shocker to me.....right now i'm on chapter 15 in the deathly hallows....it's really good so far!

"but why's she got to go to the library?" -Harry
"because that's what Hermione does........When in doubt, go to the library." -Ron (chamber of secrets)
Frequent Contributor
Parisgirl14
0 Kudos

I just started reading the first book like two day ago. It's a lot quicker to read then I thought it would be. I like the movies but I never was interested  in reading the books. After I heard a lot of the good things about it I decided to read it and I actually like it so far.
Bibliophile
Silvermist24
0 Kudos

omg, I love Fred and Goerge and Ron! The actors too!
Yes I'm gonna be a star,
And Baby I love you,
Beep Beep, Beep Beep, Yea!
Inspired Contributor
I_read_books
0 Kudos

I read up to the sixth book, but haven't started it yet. I liked the others, but they weren't my favorite, but I think I'm going to try the Half Blood Prince, since you guys say it's really good. ^_^ I'm going to see the movie today, too! Can't wait!!!!!
New User
RowlingCollinsDashnerLuvr
0 Kudos

You cannot be serious right now.... YOU HAVE TO HAVE TO HAVE TO HAVE TO READ THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :smileyvery-happy:You're probs like yeah, if you like them you automatically assume I will but it's not like that.  The only people I've met who haven't liked Harry Potter (and that's far with few between) are people who were looking for an intellectual and thought provoking book.  Harry Potter isn't a heavy read by any means, but if you get into the story, it is still suspenseful and you do become attached.  I typically root for the evil character because the good characters just annoy me, but with these books, the evil characters are truly horrible people, so that only a person like them could like them which makes the books easier to read and enjoy.  My advice: read the first one and see if you like it, keeping in mind that the characters aren't very developed, it takes until the third one until they really start to get good.  It's a short book, so if you absolutely hate it (which I don't think you will) it's not much time gone.  PLEASE GIVE THEM A CHANCE (my personal favorites are the third and seventh, just because it's so intense)  :smileyhappy:

New User
kylieraemindt
0 Kudos

Harry Potter is definitely one of my favorites, hands down.  I have seriously reread the books a tleast 14 times. I think you should definitely read it.  It's never boring, ever.  J.K. Rowling starts the story from the beginning, and it is just amazing! =)

Correspondent
Reader1793
0 Kudos

At least read the first book. The books are better than the movies, but the movies do them justice. These are my favorite books of all time. I am warning you now - you will not know what side *someone* is on until the very end, so if you really want to know, read them all. Dont Google it. Just dont.
All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream. - EAP
Wordsmith
Jefferson_Thomas
0 Kudos

WerewolfGirl101 wrote:
ive been thinking about readin the harry potter series for awhile now but i dont know if i should. ive heard that harry potter wasnt that good from a lot of people but ive also heard its REALLY good from more. so whats your opinion? should i read it??

OK, I admit that this answer is two and a half years late.  Sorry!

So, have you read any of them?  If so, did you like them?

If you haven't read them yet, yes, absolutely, positively at least read the first book, because, as someone else pointed out, even if you don't like it, you haven't wasted a lot of time or energy reading it.

My favorite is the first one, and my second favorite is the second one, because, after the second one, they turn dark, and, quite frankly, kind of ugly.  I found it a lot easier to empathize with Harry in the first one, because he is still feeling his way along and trying to figure out these strange powers he didn't know he had.  I found the whole thing funny and endearing.

SPOILER ALERT!  I wish Harry had ended up with Hermione, and Ginny had ended up with someone her own age.  I know that would have been too obvious, but I like it when couples who start out as friends realize, "Oops, I want to be more than friends with my friend!  Now what do I do?"  And I think I really would have liked it if Ron had somehow "de-mean-ified" one of the mean girls from Ravenclaw and had ended up with her.  You know, the whole "maybe a leopard CAN change its spots" thing.  Of course, I could just be nuts! :smileyhappy:

What does everybody else think?

Jeff