Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Correspondent
WerewolfGirl101
0 Kudos

Harry Potter??

ive been thinking about readin the harry potter series for awhile now but i dont know if i should. ive heard that harry potter wasnt that good from a lot of people but ive also heard its REALLY good from more. so whats your opinion? should i read it??
lost banner Pictures, Images and Photos
Inspired Scribe
djaq
0 Kudos

Re: Harry Potter??

harry potter is competely brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

some parts may seem rather "dumb" or boring, but the story really takes off immediatley, and it is completely amazing! :smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy: i loovvee these books! the characters are so alive and amazin' and the entire story holds so many different ideas and emotions, they are totally worth it! give them a chance, and read them! :smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy:

"We could do pizza."
Bibliophile
Silvermist24

Uh, how COULDN'T you read it? It's AWESOME!

lmao, you should read it.

Baby you can drive my car,
Yes I'm gonna be a star,
And Baby I love you,
Beep Beep, Beep Beep, Yea!
Inspired Contributor
julia823
0 Kudos

Harry potter was the BEST series i have ever read ! you should totally read it ! =]
" Its a quarter after one i'm all alone and i need you now i said i wouldnt come but i lost all control and i need you now and i dont know how i can do without i just need you now"
Distinguished Correspondent
BLUEICEGAL
0 Kudos

hey julz long time no chat how u bin ? :smileyhappy: and yh harry potter is one of those books that are prob the best written out there, its hard to compare any thing to them and the movies rock
Wanna know the awesomeness that is moi??? movies, artists, gossip and the latest reviews of your fav books not to mention my upcoming twilight parody that i am currently working on is all here folks!! @ My Blog Fantasy4eva spread the word girls :smileyhappy:
Fantasy4eva
Inspired Correspondent
torusthetiger
0 Kudos

when i was little my mom read the first 3 books out loud to me and then i didn't like them so we stoped reading them, but last week i decided to try to read the series....and i was really suprised how much i loved them....and now i'm really mad at myself for not reading them sooner b/c the are really good.....i started the series on the 6th of july and right now i'm in the middle of the half blood prince i can't put the books down at all!!!! you should read harry potter for sure!

"but why's she got to go to the library?" -Harry
"because that's what Hermione does........When in doubt, go to the library." -Ron (chamber of secrets)
Inspired Wordsmith
Vampires-and-Spongebob
0 Kudos

Dude, I'm reading the whole series now and I love them so much more! I read the first in a day! You should totally read them! They are magnificent!
"Behold the male beast roaring in the jungle for his mate. See how the female beast giggles behind a shrub while she organizes her voice to say 'Pardon dear, did you say something?'"~Elphaba, Wicked, pg.102-103
Inspired Correspondent
torusthetiger
0 Kudos

Vampires-and-Spongebob wrote:
Dude, I'm reading the whole series now and I love them so much more! I read the first in a day! You should totally read them! They are magnificent!

which book are you on?

"because that's what Hermione does........When in doubt, go to the library." -Ron (chamber of secrets)
Inspired Wordsmith
Vampires-and-Spongebob
0 Kudos

Chamber of Secrets. I finished Sorcerer's STone yesterday at like midnight!
"Behold the male beast roaring in the jungle for his mate. See how the female beast giggles behind a shrub while she organizes her voice to say 'Pardon dear, did you say something?'"~Elphaba, Wicked, pg.102-103
Inspired Correspondent
torusthetiger

nice :]

i think my favorite harry potter book so far is the order of the pheniox but....i'm only on the half blood prince so that might change.

there is this one part in the chamber of secrets book that i wish that they would have put in the movie....i'll tell you which part once you finish the book :]

did you think the movie was better than the book?

Inspired Wordsmith
Vampires-and-Spongebob
0 Kudos

I think the first Harry Potter movie was super good compared to the book. (I mean HELLO? The people can actually ACT!) But I liked the book better all because of Norbert The Norweign Ridgeback!
Inspired Correspondent
torusthetiger
0 Kudos

the book is better but the movie was really awesome....and your right the actors were really good....the kids did a really great job and the adult cast was AMAZING....i don't think they could have anything to make it any better...you know?
Inspired Wordsmith
Vampires-and-Spongebob
0 Kudos

Yeah! I mean (I know it's terrible, but it's just an example!) Twilight the movie was okay...the actors (in my opinion) weren't all that. While Harry Potter has tremendosely talented actors. I think the director for the first two HPs was amazing, but once they got a new directors for the rest of the series it definitly went down hill...
Inspired Correspondent
torusthetiger
0 Kudos

ya i know i personaly hated the twilight movie b/c i thought the actors ruined it and i hated how the director made the movie....it could have been so much better! picking the right actors is huge....it can make or break a movie.....i actually like all of the harry potter movies except for the fact that they left out quite a lot from the books but i still enjoyed them....after the first 2 i felt that the movies took a dark turn (does that make sense) and i really liked that b/c i felt that they needed to.
Inspired Contributor
I_read_books

I don't know, persoanally, I didn't like the books that much. I mean, well, I did LIKE them, but they aren't my favorite. You should probably give them a try, though, because a lot of other people liked them besides me. LOL But, I totally LOVE the movies. They are sooo much better than Twilight (which sucked, personally).

I agree about the actors. The actors in Harry Potter do an amazing job, and the directors do an amazing job, too. I even think that Rob did a better job in HP than he did in Twilight, which is weird, considering he's older now, and should have done better...

I can't wait for the sixth movie! I actually like how they've gotten "darker". I think that it's just part of the story, and they had to do that to bring out the story more. It is a shame that they didn't get to put everything in the movies that were in the books, but, like Lord of the Rings, there's just too much to cover. It would have been impossible, and I think they got the main parts down.

Anywho...this is really long now...but you should try reading Harry Potter. If you don't like it, then thats okay. You can always just watch the movies! ^_^

Bibliophile
Silvermist24
0 Kudos

I read all the books. The half-blood prince is the best.
Yes I'm gonna be a star,
And Baby I love you,
Beep Beep, Beep Beep, Yea!
Inspired Correspondent
torusthetiger
0 Kudos

Silvermist24 wrote:
I read all the books. The half-blood prince is the best.

thats the one i'm reading right now...i'm half way through it and it is really good :]
Frequent Contributor
michaela27
0 Kudos

omg i love harry potter. i know everyone has their own opinons, but i really dont get why someone wouldnt like them. there are really well written, the plot is amazing, and the characters r great. seriously j k rowling creates like a whole new world its awesome. i love the movies, but the books are deff better more detailed because they leave a lot out in the movies. i cant wait to see the 6th movie :smileyhappy:
Inspired Scribe
djaq
0 Kudos

yea half-blood prince was one of my favorites!! :smileytongue: it was soooooooo awesomely swankified! :smileyvery-happy: but i dont think i have an actual favorite, mainly cuz each book is incredible in their own way, and i love each one for different reasons! :smileyvery-happy: but harry potter is also one of those books that stays with you throughout life, it is just something you never really get old of, or grow out of! the books hold important lessons and ideas and ect. ect. and they are just so brilliant! :smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy:

"We could do pizza."
Correspondent
WerewolfGirl101
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
im gonna get the books today!! YAY!!
Message Edited by WerewolfGirl101 on 07-15-2009 08:50 AM
lost banner Pictures, Images and Photos