Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
Kate_b
0 Kudos

Harry potter/world war 2?

I loe history ,but not american history.Any who I 've found that is the harry potter seris it has to do alot with world war 2. Voldamort repercents Hitler and how he killed and torchered Jews,It's the same thing but with muggles(pure blood status)Harry's friends symbolize allthe other counteries that fought together against hitler.I wanted to know ifany one had noticed any other conections like this one.
A verey merry un-birthday to you and you. and you is it your un -birthday too?
Frequent Contributor
bookbug
0 Kudos

Re: Harry potter/world war 2?

ur right i never thought of it that way.
Bookbug

The more you read, the smarter you are!!!!!
Frequent Contributor
GCACheerldr14
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
This might be wierd but ive actually never read them. I just didnt want to be like everyone else I guess. Ive seen the movies and my sis told me everything so I guess I can see why people might think that. Though I dont think Ms. Rowling meant it like that.

Message Edited by GCACheerldr14 on 02-20-2008 06:53 PM
Kacy -/--

"When you follow your heart, you should have no regrets. When you follow someone elses, those regrets may lose your heart." -anonymous
Isaiah 41:28-31- life verse
Melissa_W
Topics: 516
Kudos: 966
Blog Posts: 3
Ideas: 15
0 Kudos

I think that might have been one of JKR's points.  By creating a world where superiority is based upon whether or not one has been gifted with the ability to perform magic she shows how stupid and harmful bigotry is.

Kate_b wrote:
I loe history ,but not american history.Any who I 've found that is the harry potter seris it has to do alot with world war 2. Voldamort repercents Hitler and how he killed and torchered Jews,It's the same thing but with muggles(pure blood status)Harry's friends symbolize allthe other counteries that fought together against hitler.I wanted to know ifany one had noticed any other conections like this one.

Melissa W.
I read and knit and dance. Compulsively feel yarn. Consume books. Darn tights. Drink too much caffiene. All that good stuff.
balletbookworm.blogspot.com
BN Editor
MattW
0 Kudos

Hey all,

Just fyi, there's a whole entire other Harry Potter Book Club going on, which you can find here.

Thanks!
Matt
Teens Editor, B&N.com
Frequent Contributor
platinumpink
0 Kudos

I am currently reading Cry, The Beloved Country and that novel is set in South Africa (non-WWII elements though).

They say that the Star Wars series has WWII-esque elements (good seeming guy that turns out to be really bad guy).

Frequent Contributor
Twilightlover13
0 Kudos

i dont think that is what she meant but i kinda makes sense....
~ we could be a beautiful, miracle, unbelievable,... instead of just invisible...~

"I'm not that complicated.
My complications come out in my songs. All you have to do to be my friend is like me...
...and listen."
-Taylor Swift
Frequent Contributor
cutelittlebookworm
0 Kudos

no offense but i think that was supposed to be obviouse from the beginning.  its all about creating the perfect race, i mean jk wasn't being sneaky about incorpurating history it was kinda out there right from the beginning.