Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
Jumpergurl78
0 Kudos

Have you read Summer Boys?

[ Edited ]
Has anyone here read the Summer Boys series by Hailey Abott - which includes Summer Boys, Next Summer, After Summer, and Last Summer. If you've read any of those- what do you think of them? I absolutely loved them all, but was a little disappointed when I finished the last book- and I SO wish that she would write another final book to finish off the series. Let me know what your thoughts on these books were.

Message Edited by MattW on 12-17-2007 11:49 AM
*Changed my name to Bella
*Moved to Forks
*Acted like a danger magnet

..... so where's my Edward?
Distinguished Correspondent
musicangirl
0 Kudos

Re: Have you read....

Hey,
I've read all 4 books to I thought they were all great except for the last one that kind of put a sad ending to the book. Have u read any of her other books like Waking up to Boys, Perfect Boy, Getting lost with boys, and the secrets of boy. Their like the summer boy series. I also recommend the Romantic Comedies series. Its a series of several or many different authors righting about girls finding the right boys. In the process its really funny. My favorite of them is Major Crush by Jennifer Echols. And her other book The Boys Next Door rocks too.
Musicangirl
~Mg

Sometimes people give up,
other times they move on,
and sometimes they just stay still.

I turned to the clarinets. They were a resourceful lot.~Jennifer Echols, Major Crush
Contributor
Jumpergurl78
0 Kudos

No, I haven't read any of the other books by Hailey Abott, But if you say they're similar to her summer boys series, I think I'll take a stab at them. Because I loved Summer Boys- but like you said it was a sad way to put and end to the series. And there were just so many unanswered questions i had about relationships between the characters! Like with Beth and George, etc. =) Thanks again for the book recomendations =]
*Changed my name to Bella
*Moved to Forks
*Acted like a danger magnet

..... so where's my Edward?
Distinguished Correspondent
musicangirl
0 Kudos

Hey,
u're welcome for the recommendations.
And Haley Abbot rocks.
I totally forgot to mention any books by Sarah Dessen are good too!
Especially Just Listen.
-Musicangirl
~Mg

Sometimes people give up,
other times they move on,
and sometimes they just stay still.

I turned to the clarinets. They were a resourceful lot.~Jennifer Echols, Major Crush
New User
livevolleyball
0 Kudos

hey...
ive read all of them
and they are really good books
some of the best books ive ever read
definitely read them
any other books by hailey abbott are really good too
like getting lost with boys, waking up to boys, and the secret of boys
are amazing :]
Frequent Contributor
platinumpink
0 Kudos

Re: Have you read Summer Boys?

I read them all, not too exciting, but not too cheesy or whiny either. Romances, however, aren't my number one favorite, but this series was at least tolerable.
Take it or leave it.
Frequent Contributor
Punkibear
0 Kudos

I have a quick question about Summer Boys...

Hi everyone! I have currently started reading Summer Boys and found them extremely good, LOL. I have read "Summer Boys" and "Next Summer" and am going to read the other two eventually. But, I was wondering after I'm done reading those, are there going to be anymore coming out or is that the end of the series? Please answer me! And If you do thanks very much.

-Amelia
"What you feel is what you are and what you are is beautiful" -Author Unknown
BN Editor
MattW
0 Kudos

Re: I have a quick question about Summer Boys...

Punkibear wrote:
Hi everyone! I have currently started reading Summer Boys and found them extremely good, LOL. I have read "Summer Boys" and "Next Summer" and am going to read the other two eventually. But, I was wondering after I'm done reading those, are there going to be anymore coming out or is that the end of the series? Please answer me! And If you do thanks very much.

-Amelia

I just got in touch with the publisher, and unfortunately, #4 is the last one in the series.
Matt
Teens Editor, B&N.com