Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
HAZMAT
0 Kudos

Help me find a YA book please!

Okay I am a fan of the Hunger Games series and I like books with lots of action. Romance is okay as long as it is well done. Thanks.
Wordsmith
Golden_Reader12
0 Kudos

Re: Help me find a YA book please!

I know what you mean about Hunger Games. I've read Unwind by Neal Shusterman and The Declaration by Gemma Malley which I thought were both very good (they are based in the future kinda like Hunger Games). I'm also going to read The Knife of Never Letting Go, Surviving Antartica, and Gone.

"There would be little reason to lie down at night without the possibility of seeing things bigger and more amazing than the average day might bring about. Why pick up a pen or type on a keyboard if there's no imagination or wonder left to behold?"
-pg 3 of Leven Thumps and the Wrath of Ezra
Inspired Wordsmith
Vampires-and-Spongebob
0 Kudos

Okay, what I am about to suggest takes place in the past, but dude, it is epic. The Gemma Doyle Trilogy by Libba Bray. Now, the first book is not "action-packed". It's one of those series where you have to get though some stuff to understand other stuff. Like a lot of the stuff in there you'd be like "Why the heck would the author put THAT in there?!" But in the 2nd and 3rd books it makes sense.

"Behold the male beast roaring in the jungle for his mate. See how the female beast giggles behind a shrub while she organizes her voice to say 'Pardon dear, did you say something?'"~Elphaba, Wicked, pg.102-103
New User
lanspeaks
0 Kudos

Hi!  Check out Call of the Tree and The Sacrificial Wood ( Books 1 and 2) of the faithwalker series by Darryl Markowitz available at b&n.com and you'll probably get hooked. See reader reviews and excerpts at www.thefaithwalkerseries.com if you want to know more. There's some romance but also lots of action and the books are cliffhangers.  happy reading!

New User
MidnightBookGirl
0 Kudos

I'd recommend Graceling by Kristin Cashore. It's got the dystopia and romance of Hunger Games.  Also City of Ashes, City of Bones and City of Glass.

New User
OutsiderObsessed
0 Kudos