Distinguished Wordsmith
BeeZnEEz101
0 Kudos

Help me out guys

I need a new book. Yes, I'm aware that the Ultimate something something is up but I really don't feel like sorting through so many pages just to find books that 1. I don't like or 2. I've already read.

I've read most of the popular books so no twilight, any vampire series, hunger games, mortal instruments.

I like more regular fiction some of my faves are: Noughts and Crosses series, Jellicoe Road, Mortal Instruments, Hunger Games, The Book thief, the Messenger and Flowers in the Attic. I like all genres but I want some romance in it. However, I absolutely loathe books that are 100% just romance.I also like Jane Eyre and Rebecca. So gothic romances. Overall I'm pretty picky. Any help is very much appreciated. :smileyhappy: Thanks in advance!

Inspired Correspondent
djamphir88

Re: Help me out guys

Have you read Hold Me Closer Necromancer, or Intertwined!!!!!

Hold Me Closer, Necromancer  

Intertwined

Red Jumpsuit Apparatus Pictures, Images and Photos
Distinguished Scribe
SandraPants

Well you should totally check out my blog because there are probably some books you would like from my reviews, but I can mention something that I have not written about there which you would probably like since you liked The Hunger Games...

The Maze Runner  -  I haven't read this one yet, but everyone who has recommends it and many compare it to The Hunger Games which I loved. 

And if you liked The Messenger then I would definitely recommend the other two companion novels as well...

The Giver

Gathering Blue

Spelling is for "loosers."
http://sandrathenookworm.blogspot.com/
Correspondent
kelly-leigh

The Thirteenth Tale 

This isn't a YA book, I can't recommend it highly enough. You mentioned you like gothic literature, and this definitely is a gothic mystery! It also includes several references to Jane Eyre. 

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act. -George Orwell
Bibliophile
ZoeyRedbird

[ Edited ]

BeeZnEEz101 wrote:

I need a new book. Yes, I'm aware that the Ultimate something something is up but I really don't feel like sorting through so many pages just to find books that 1. I don't like or 2. I've already read.

I've read most of the popular books so no twilight, any vampire series, hunger games, mortal instruments.

I like more regular fiction some of my faves are: Noughts and Crosses series, Jellicoe Road, Mortal Instruments, Hunger Games, The Book thief, the Messenger and Flowers in the Attic. I like all genres but I want some romance in it. However, I absolutely loathe books that are 100% just romance.I also like Jane Eyre and Rebecca. So gothic romances. Overall I'm pretty picky. Any help is very much appreciated. :smileyhappy: Thanks in advance!

Hmm you are very picky when it comes to books! Lol But I'll try to help out a little bit maybe?

Some of these you may or may not like but I like them so I think you should give them a try =)

The Summoning (Darkest Powers Series #1) You might have already read this....

The Dark Divine (Dark Divine Series #1)

Matched

Incarceron

To Kill a Mockingbird You might have read this one also.. And it doesn't have romance in it, but I think it's still an enjoyable book. =)

"You have to dream before your dreams can come true."
Abdul Kalam
"What great thing would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?"
Robert H. Schuller

Contributor
SayrahB
0 Kudos

Distinguished Wordsmith
BeeZnEEz101
0 Kudos

Gracias!

@dj

Those look really good!

@Sandrapants

I read the maze runner and it wasn't very good compared to the Hunger Games. Oh and when I said the Messenger I meant by Mark Zusak, sorry. However I might give the Giver a try.

@Zoey

I've read the summoning and the books that go with it and I've read to kill a mockingbird. Tried to read Matched and hated it. The others don't really look like my type of book. Maybe The Dark DIvine.

@??

The thirteenth tale looks pretty good and I think I might have it at home.

I wasn't kidding when I said I was picky. You guys deliverd though. Thanks again!

Distinguished Wordsmith
BeeZnEEz101

@Sandrapants

I love your blog. Already have seen a bunch of books I plan on getting. Thank you!

Distinguished Scribe
SandraPants

Thanks so much BeezNeez, I put a lot of work into it so it's great to hear other people like it and I'm especially glad you were able to find some new books through it! 

And you read I Am the Messenger instead of The Messenger?  My bad then.  I would recommend The Book Thief if you liked it though.  I did read that one and I thought it was pretty good.  :smileyhappy:

Spelling is for "loosers."
http://sandrathenookworm.blogspot.com/
Inspired Contributor
bamfan20

Have you read I am the Messenger? Its by Markus Zusak and I noticed you liked the Book Theif definatly take a glance at it if you havent already!

I Am the Messenger

Frequent Contributor
MichelleMuto

The Thirteenth Tale was REALLY good. True, not YA, but excellent. If you're going outside the YA group, then The Time Traveler's Wife was also very good.

I also see some votes for Kelley Armstrong's series, which I'd recommend.

Have you read Graceling? Shiver? Melissa Marr's books? 

The Book of Lost Souls Being a teen witch has never been more fun. Or trouble.
Don’t Fear the Reaper Because I could not stop for Death, he kindly stopped for me...~Emily Dickinson 17-yr-old Keely Morrison finds that death isn't any easier than life.
Distinguished Wordsmith
BeeZnEEz101
0 Kudos

Now I feel very stupid. I meant I am the Messenger. Not the Messenger.

I've tried to read Graceling and really couldn't even finish it. I read shiver and linger but the books are kind of boring. I've read Melissa Marr's Wicked Lovely series but I only somewhat liked one of the books.  Thank you.

I'll try the TIme Traveler's Wife. I hope it's better than the movie though.