Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
brittany400
0 Kudos

Re: Hey Everyone! Welcome & Introductions: New Users Come Here...

Hi, my name is Brittany Clarke, I also go by lil BRI, and mvp. I'm not crazy as most of the kids on here. But it is like a hobby to me. My favorite books to read would be romance,mystery, and ..... Yea those are my favorites.

so bye ♥

Distinguished Wordsmith
Dan21
0 Kudos

Welcome Brittany, so good to have another person on this board.

New User
Read-a-lotDL
0 Kudos

Hiii!!!!! My names Diana and I love to read teen books because there so action pack and  romantic  and funny too !!!!!!!!!

Cookie(lolz)
Distinguished Wordsmith
Dan21
0 Kudos

Welcome Read-a-lotDL, it's a pleasure having another person on this board.:smileyhappy:

New User
ImStillGonnaShine1024
0 Kudos

Re: Get to Know Eachother

Hey everyone,

My names Kiellien im a little nervouse even though most of you that are readin this dont know me. I can be shy at first when meetin someone, but i love reading i cant even count how many i've read already. I'm more into series then just one read kinda books, i like that theres more story to them and it just dosnt end. Im turning 14 in about a month im really tall for my age and have very curly hair that gets on my nerves sometimes:smileyvery-happy: and i love singing, danceing and writeing i hope to be a writer one day so thumps up:smileyhappy: If you want to know more about me just ask:smileyhappy:

New User
chica20
0 Kudos

hi my name is isabel i love to read  the books i like to read is scary and action books :smileytongue:

Inspired Correspondent
bella_swan_lover
0 Kudos

Hi my name is Emily and even though I'm not a new member I feel as if I am a new member due to my lack of visits in the past year or so! I am now a Junior in High School trying to balance my job softball and all my activites while trying to find some time for my passion to read! Hope to meet all that have joined in the time of my abscense and make some new friends and memories as I did when I started in this community!
"La Push baby it's La Push. Are you going?" asked Eric
"I'll go if you stop saying that." replied Bella.

~*~ Twilight Fangirl ~*~
Inspired Contributor
GiveMeTheDimond
0 Kudos

Sorry about that post I was in a REALLY bad mood, but that is still no excuse for what I said!
Contributor
Shalini_Boland

Hi everyone,

I write young adult and I read young adult. Just finished The Hunger Games trilogy, Raven and Fairy Circle. All really brilliant reads. Am now deciding what to read next...

Distinguished Wordsmith
Dan21
0 Kudos

Well hello Shalini_Boland!:smileyhappy: I give my special welcome! could you tell me the name of the books you write? you can message me your answer if you don't want to put it out here.

Contributor
Shalini_Boland

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the 'special welcome', lol.  I've got a couple of books on here which I'm now going to attempt to do a link to. (It might get messy though)

Hidden (Marchwood Vampire Series #1)

Outside a post-apocalyptic romance thriller

Contributor
Shalini_Boland
0 Kudos

Ooh, some HUGE gaps, but other than that, not too bad!

Distinguished Wordsmith
Dan21
0 Kudos

Great! Something else to read!

New User
K_a_i_t_e
0 Kudos

Sup

im Kaitlyn

i am 15 i adore reading and i am a BIG fan of blue blood novels :smileyhappy: hope i can make it here with the smart kids of the world LETS KEEP US READING!!!!:womantongue:

New User
VanVorce_DeWitt
0 Kudos

Hello My name is Merle. I am 15 and am starting to really like reading. I am an army brat that loves books about "real life" things such as teen strugles and Highschool.

New User
Crazy_Librarian
0 Kudos

Hi! Hey, I'm Josie but my friends call me crazy librarian. I bet you can guess why. I love everything that has to do with books...even covering them, sorting them, pre-ordering them, and most of all, reading them! I like fantasy, science fiction, and romance. I'm here because I want to hear other people's book opinions and share my own :smileyvery-happy: reading is cool! 

Author
lovesreading1
0 Kudos

Hi everyone.  I wanted to let you know that my young adult novel Soul Catcher is on sale for 99 cents through autumn.

It is the mid-1970's, and at the progressive school where she has landed, Kate tries to cope with the unexpected upheaval that has shattered her family. It helps when she makes new friends. It definitely helps when she falls in love with Patrick, her first boyfriend. But a new dose of reality hits when she discovers that Patrick is struggling against the lure of drugs.

Faced with an inscrutable headmaster, uncommunicative parents and a doomed romance, Kate makes her way into a thicket of tough new challenges. As Patrick loses himself to addiction, she finds solace beneath a "soul catcher," the rope contraption dangling inside a geodesic dome built on campus by an eccentric boy who surprises her with unique wisdom, friendship and hope.

Read the first chapter for free on my web site: katialief.com

Soul Catcher 

New User
DavidHarrisonLevi
0 Kudos

Re: Good Afternoon Everyone: David Harrison Levi - Starmaker

[ Edited ]

to all my beautiful friends around the world. As reported by ABC NBC CBS News KEarth Radio The Daily Star & television news & blogs public & private throughout the world, we are working diligently to produce one of the South-lands largest, memorable & most historic concerts tentatively scheduled for Summer 2012 at The Hollywood Bowl affectionately called the "PINK CONCERT" It's my dream to reunite Sir Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr, Yoko Ono, Julian Lennon, Sean Lennon, Zak Starr, Dhani Harrison, Elton John, Eric Clapton, Tom Petty, Bob Dylan, Slash, Ozzy Osbourne, Gene Simmons, The Who & many others friends for Breast Cancer Awareness & World Peace. This historic, memorable & most important music productions ever assembled would be simulcast on ABC NBC & CBS Networks to 170 countries worldwide raising millions of dollars by both telethon & Fortune 500 sponsorship for the much needed research to END all forms of cancer, while bringing hope to millions. My plan includes everyday products we love & consume be changed to PINK labeling ie: Coca-Cola limited edition bottles & cans distributed & sold worldwide. You may say I'm a dreamer but I'm NOT the only one! This concert would be a FREE concert dedicated to the men, women & children who have battled cancer & lost their lives to this dreaded disease & to those lives' touched by the everyday struggle of life with various forms of cancer! Tickets would be shared by a public drawings through product sponsorship! We will be conducting meetings to put together an amazing & talented staff of professionals. What can you bring to the table? I have been recognized worldwide for my efforts in humanitarian & philanthropic concerns & I believe my record speaks for itself. Interested parties should please inbox me on Facebook  Peace & Love always - David Harrison Levi - Starmaker Executive Producer - Beverly Hills, CA 90210 global walks, red carpet events & concerts for Breast Cancer Awareness -- worldwide press conference 2012 --

Reader 2
mastov87
0 Kudos

Hello everyone! I am Mary. I am not a teenager. I am 24. I just like to read teen books. I still find them interesting. I read alot in high school and still till this day.

Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
0 Kudos

Young at heart then? :smileywink: hahaha. Welcome!
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

Book Sharks: No need to breathe, just read!