Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Reader-Moderator
agnijay

Hey Everyone! Welcome & Introductions: New Users Come Here...

Hey guys,

So I assume that if you are reading this message, you either are a teenager or you enjoy reading teen books. This book club is really just a place to talk about books you've read, post things you've written, and discuss current teen issues. It's probably the most relaxed topic on the boards.

I'll begin with myself. I'm Jaya, the reader-moderator and teen deputy, I've been on the boards since before the release of DH, and I enjoy reading. So go right ahead and Introduce yourself!

And if you need help, you can either PM me, or AlliD, the Teen Reads moderator, or go to the "help" board.

Happy posting!

☼☺♥ Jaya ♥☺☼

If we crawl/ Till we can walk again/ Then we'll run/ Until we're strong enough to jump/ Then we'll fly/ Until there is no end.
Correspondent
Tenrbe

Re: Hey Everyone! Welcome & Introductions: New Users Come Here...

Hey All,

My name's Liz. I love reading, but I stopped for the last few years because of my hectic college schedule. I'm now a college grad and since I don't have to read anymore textbooks until grad school, I've been trying to catch up on all the reading I've missed. I always like to see what everyone else is reading, what you guys suggest, and what you think of the books.

Like Jaya said, Happy Posting! =]

New User
Danita_BookLover

Hi!!!! My name is Danita.... And I love reading!!!!! I once read 30 books in 30 days>... LOL no kidding!!!!!! And in result I have 41.90 dollars worth of overdue books!!!! LOl... Anyways Hopefully we can become good book buddies and SO lol Like Jada said.....

HAPPY POSTING!!!!!

*~BE WHO YOU ARE... BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE MATTER DONT MIND*~ :-)
Contributor
bLuec0wgurL09

Hi, call me Bluecowgurl. I really love to read books, you know. I could've read 1-2 books a day, if I'm not that busy. Anyways, aside from reading books, I like to write poems too. Poems help me to express how I feel inside-- I simply love them... :-)

New User
JustAGirl12

Hey Yall

My names a fairly common name, but I ain't going to share it. I love to read books and I find it so calming and relaxing especially with what variety they have now.

My schedule lately hasn't allowed me much time to read but I hope in soon to come months and breaks with school that I can.

I love to write poetry and my friends often  say that I am very good at, even though I think that I times I may have issues with how to say the right words. :smileyhappy: I'm so happy that I finally joined and got an account on Barnes and Noble, I have always had a passion for reading and probably will till the end of my life

Contributor
jojo101

so we just say who we are and stuff

aj
Reader-Moderator
agnijay

Yup! Welcome to all of you.

☼☺♥ Jaya ♥☺☼

If we crawl/ Till we can walk again/ Then we'll run/ Until we're strong enough to jump/ Then we'll fly/ Until there is no end.
Contributor
alybean_89

Hey!

I'm Aly and well I'm not going to start this off by saying how much I love to read cause I'm guessing frm me writing this you can probably take the wild guess and go with yes lol! But anywho yeah I read and write. And I find that the best time for reading is at night or on a raining day, one cause at night everyones asleep so quite and clam and I can just take out my little book light, and two when its raining I just love to pick up a good thriller or suspenseful book cause the mood just goes well with it. Oh yeah and gotta have MUSIC! Well I just really wanna figure out wht this YA First Look books thing is? :smileytongue:

~Off to neverland!
Reader-Moderator
agnijay
0 Kudos

Welcome aly!

First look is a brand new special program offered through B&N. Once in a while, you have an opportunity to get a free book before it comes out! The only catch is that you must discuss it on the board. This months will be announced January 4th, so make sure you sign up when the title is released! Only a select number can sign up. More details will follow, I'm sure.

☼☺♥ Jaya ♥☺☼

Contributor
jojo101
0 Kudos

OK than am aj my favorite books am horror and mystery

aj
New User
Delany_jackson

Hello my name is Delaany, 

I really didn't read much and I hating reading when I was a kid. 

But in 9th grade I started reading and found more & more books I liked. So I am a reader on a daily basis. I never go any where w/o a book. So books I recommend are Judy Blume ; Forever, Cassandra Carter ; Fast Life, Omar Tyree ; Flyy Girl, Sarah Dessen ; The truth about forever, and many moree(:

Contributor
Molly1218

Hello(:

I'm Molly, obviously. I've been reading since I was 3, and I love all kinds of books.

I do NOT like the Twilight saga, but The Host was a great book.

One of my favorites is Gone With the Wind. 

My high school's library has a very limited selection of interesting books, so...I have to buy most of mine.

I really love Michael Grant's Gone & Hunger, and I can't wait for Lies to come out in April.

I just got a Nook today for Christmas, and I'm loving it, even though the servers are slow.

Anything else?

:smileyhappy:

Correspondent
WerewolfGirl101
0 Kudos

Get to Know Eachother

ok so i thought it would be pretty cool to get to know eachother

so im 13 (i'll be 14 two days after new moon goes into theaters)

umm im movin to kansas thursday

i love twilight

im team jacob!! haha

i say haha A LOT

i play softball and soon to play volleyball

i do martial arts (got my black belt in hapkido a year ago)

im freakishly tall (5'7" and hate it)

ummm yeah so yeah haha

wbu peoples??

lost banner Pictures, Images and Photos
Correspondent
thaisra
0 Kudos

Re: Get to Know Eachother

i'm 13(not turning 14 'til next year on Jan. 13)

I live in Florida

I love to hang out with my friends

I can be very random and expontanious sometimes

I'm 5'4 and I wish I was taller

my best friend calls me her lucky charm because apparantly good things happen to her when I'm around

my bunny ran away and I miss him so much

uhhhh i don't know what else I could say lol

Distinguished Correspondent
BLUEICEGAL
0 Kudos

hey good idea ok here i go

im 17, and plan to live it up before i turn 18 urgh so not loking forward to it :smileytongue:

from england where it rains all day every day (im being serious)

my fave series ever is mortal instruments, i refuse to belive anything beats it

(city of bones/ashes/glass)

Im team jace and clary lmao :smileyvery-happy:

not into sports prefer me some shopping :smileytongue:

im 5 ft 5, would love to be taller  alwasy fel like a shorty compared to mates :smileyhappy:

and obvs im addicted to books, music oh and lets not frgt coke and tea!! hehehhee

used to watch  pokemon, dragonall z, escaflone, digimon , as a kid and secretly love ma tekken and streetfighter games as , wt can ma says ma bros r a bad influence!!

so yup thast me, omg ive always dreamt of learning martial arts, hopefully a will one day, that is so kool,  ur like major kick ass, stay away!! lmao :smileytongue:

Wanna know the awesomeness that is moi??? movies, artists, gossip and the latest reviews of your fav books not to mention my upcoming twilight parody that i am currently working on is all here folks!! @ My Blog Fantasy4eva spread the word girls :smileyhappy:
Fantasy4eva
Correspondent
EzoRycki
0 Kudos

thats a pretty good idea.

I'm 14, and I live in New York, I like Fantasy, and Greek myth.

I want to learn how to play the Cell, Orcarina, Guitar/Electric Guitar, Drums, Bass, Piano, and Violin.

The last time I measured myself, i was 5' 3" might have grown since then. I like anime and manga.

And I LOOOOVE playing video games, they kick-ass.

When there are many opinions of a subject, it becomes a "fact".
~A quote by me~
Inspired Correspondent
passi0nate_1
0 Kudos

heyy!! Im

fromNYC

love love love just about every sport there is, especially karate, basketball, and softball

play the electric guitar,drums,keyboard,saxophone and air guitar XD

i think im about 5' 5'' last time i went to the doctor.

I love video games, making music, drawing, and dicovering new bands and singers online

i also love watching tv i have like a gazillion favorite shows i have no clue how i get to watch them all!!!!!

Music is the cure.
I am the addiction.
Inspired Wordsmith
Kierstin-Kayla
0 Kudos

umm...

im 13 turning 14 on 09/09. 

livin' in the sunshine state. (Florida.)

i wanna learn how to play the piano & guitar. 

one of my few talents is i can play softball! all the way! :smileyvery-happy: 

im so short and i hate it. (5'1) ): 

i love cartoons + anime! wunderful!!!! 

i love writing and reading. 

im on the computer 24/7. 

i ♥ twilight saga, peeps, &+ gallagher girl series.

and i guess its for now! 

:smileyvery-happy: 

pain is inevitable. suffering is optional.
Distinguished Correspondent
Luna93
0 Kudos

sweet idea. :smileyhappy:

i just turned 16 on monday. YAY! :smileytongue:

lived in texas all my life

i love to read. duh! LOL!

i can play the violin. but gave it up a year ago for dance. then found out i hated dance so im not even doing that. what a waste and i played for like four years. LOL!

im 5' 1" very short. but o well

i have a dog. i love dogs. o and a snake and a lizard. LOL!

actually i love animals.

i think biology is awesome.

if im not reading or hangin with friends i am usually playing guitar hero. i love vidoe games as well.

umm i think that it. :smileyhappy:

All I want is for you to be happy
And take this moment and make you my family
And finally you have found someone perfect
Finally you have found
~RHCP
Inspired Wordsmith
twilight_fanatic_01
0 Kudos

Yah, I second that xD

13 going-on-14...in nine months xP

5'1 but my shoe-size is almost a seven and a half so I'm probably gonna be talllll (I hope)

Like to run, like to bike, like to swim and plan to complete and Ironman and go to Kona one day

Have curly hair, love it some days, hate it most xD

LOVE to read and write

Yes, I intend to become a world-famous author alongside being an Ironman world-champion xD

HATE to draw and sing and stuff like that...but I suck at both, soooo

Meh, I am infamous for painfully-sardonic whiplash, so watch out...