Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Reader-Moderator
agnijay
0 Kudos

Re: Hey Everyone! Welcome & Introductions: New Users Come Here...

Welcome, Corrinn!

☼☺♥ Jaya ♥☺☼

If we crawl/ Till we can walk again/ Then we'll run/ Until we're strong enough to jump/ Then we'll fly/ Until there is no end.
Inspired Contributor
fairydust285
0 Kudos

Hey everyone~ My name is Andrea, and I have been meaning to start posting on here, but I never could find any time until now...I'm 24, but I have a love for teen lit so here I am! I work full time at a Vet Clinic as a Veterinary Technician which I love, but my real passion is English, and I hope to go back to school (soon) and get my degree in that so I can teach. I read pretty much every second of the day that I'm not working, and I have stacks and stacks of books everywhere in my house. My spending money is usually spent at Barnes & Noble, and I have my eye on the nook now. I hope to be able to discuss some of the great books that there are and maybe dabble in some creative writing as well!
Reader-Moderator
agnijay
0 Kudos

Welcome to the boards Andrea!

☼☺♥ Jaya ♥☺☼

If we crawl/ Till we can walk again/ Then we'll run/ Until we're strong enough to jump/ Then we'll fly/ Until there is no end.
Reader 4
soccerplayer9
0 Kudos

Hey everyone, I am Haley.

I am from the fabulous Sin City, Vegas baby. (not that proud since our education system sucks!)

I am 13 turning 14 in a little more than a month.

I love to read. (have yet to find a book that I really hate.)

Love sports they are amazing. I am very competitive (soccer is the best sport ever btw.)

As well, I play the piano; I've been playing for over six years(same with soccer) also I enjoy singing, music makes me whole. (:

O.K. I will stop boring you now

Looking forward to being here.

Reader-Moderator
agnijay
0 Kudos

Hello Hailey! No, you're not boring us.

☼☺♥ Jaya ♥☺☼

New User
beachbuddy
0 Kudos

Hey! I love to reading! But i'm always stuck on what to read.  I'm a younger reader i mean i read teen books but i'm 13!  So i'm looking for  suggestions but not to old.:smileywink: Please help and lets talk books!!!

Thanks!!

Reader
Siedschlag_Abigail
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Hi my name is Abigail and i'm a huge reader i actually have stacks of books around my house and i also love to draw so i'm either reading a great book or I have my nose in my sketchbook drawing something new. I reread a lot of the books too. I'm 15 and had to read that drivers handbook and man it was awful but it paid off in the end. So far i'm on the last book of the princess diaries series if there anything else thats good id love some suggestions.

-aka Curly Q
Reader-Moderator
agnijay
0 Kudos

Welcome beachbuddy!

I'm sure you'll find some great suggestions here.

☼☺♥ Jaya ♥☺☼

Contributor
JacCait
0 Kudos

Hello...I am a member of the First Look club and enjoy it greatly.  Someone told me that I should try the Tween First Look club.  I cannot seem to find it here.  Is there such a thing and how do you go about doing it?

Thank you!

Inspired Wordsmith
Morigami
0 Kudos

Hey! :smileyhappy:

I'm Lexie and I love to read so much that sometimes my parents beg me to stop reading for a minute and listen to them lol. I have to say this is prob one of my fav sites on the web. It's fun to talk to people about books and music cause in real life I can't talk about books much cause most people I know don't like books or are just to lazy to read. So let me start by saying this is an awesome site and I welcome new people everyday. So everyone have fun and I hope you comment on my stuff and become my friends

Blog: http://booklover-bookchicks.blogspot.com/
New User
padfoot24
0 Kudos

I agree with you, Molly. Host was an amazing book (I've read it three times... haha) and so were Gone and Hunger. I'm can't wait for the next book!

Reader-Moderator
agnijay
0 Kudos

Hey, welcome Lexie!

☼☺♥ Jaya ♥☺☼

New User
takemeto_paris
0 Kudos

Re: Get to Know Eachother

hello all . this is just my second post, but i'm still a newbie! i guess im a little "old" to be posting in the Teen Reads, but thats OK. (i'm 22 by the way). i live in arkansas, but grew up in TX. i was really on the boards looking to see what books were going to be made into movies, and hopefully to get into some good discussons. thanks =]

New User
lilgypsy
0 Kudos

hey Aly,

when i read ur post we sound exactly the same we both love books, obviously LOL. And gotta have my music too! i have a book you may like it's sad a little bit but a fast read. i read it on a rainy daythe title is:

DON'T LOOK AND IT WON'T HURT  by: Richard Peck you may likek it IDK i guess u can find out LOL!

BTW i'm lilgypsy and i just wanted to c what this was! :smileyvery-happy:

New User
lilgypsy
0 Kudos

hey i'm lilgypsy,

well like the rest of u i love book absolutley love them and i couldn't live w/o my music either. i'm 15 turning 16 in december. i am 5ft 2in.   i am on the cheer squad at my school in VA i only did it to busy my days but then it also took away my reading time :smileysad: but now my last game is on monday so i will have more time to read books hurray :smileyhappy: plus who can beat reading free books then telling people what it was about it that may get them to read it is awesome and fun so maybe i can expand my circle of books i read though i already  have a lot of subjects but my fav is still fantasy though i just hope i can get into more subjects and meet some new friend so hey thats me

Reader-Moderator
agnijay
0 Kudos

Welcome to all of you! This is a great place to meet new people.

☼☺♥ Jaya ♥☺☼

Contributor
laura0212

hey every one .... yea im Laura..... and yes im new

uh..... did i post this correctly couse this is my first post so i hope i did this right!  :smileyhappy:

well i hope i et the hang of this thingie majigger?? ahhaha

ok

well....

yea

smile!

Laura!

Contributor
Lizzy96
0 Kudos

Re: Get to Know Eachother

you are from England? i have always wanted to go there! it is so cool that it rains all the time where you live, i love rain:smileyhappy: i live in Pennsylvania. i also looove to read! i am looking foreward to reading this book. like you, i DO NOT want to grow up! well, i guess thats it for now.

Frequent Contributor
Blue-Wolf
0 Kudos

Re: Get to Know Each other

Hey everybody! I'm sixteen, love the color black. (Shade actually) I love reading, and I like pretty much every genre, execpt for horror. Ugh. And I"m very happy to meet all of you. And remember, if you have a story to share with the world. There are never enough authors. :smileywink: Lol.

The hunter's motivation is fueled by his victims cries.
Reader-Moderator
agnijay
0 Kudos

Re: Get to Know Each other

Welcome to the boards guys! I'm 16 too...

☼☺♥ Jaya ♥☺☼