Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
Jamie19
0 Kudos

Re: Get to Know Eachother

Hi im Jamie and I just turned 14 nine days ago. i also love twilight and I like both Edward and Jacob but im going with jacob because he is sooooo HOT and it the whole werewolf thing is awsome. I play soccer. Im short for my age(5'1" and my bff is as tall as you so your not freakishly tall.)

Frequent Contributor
Jamie19
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I know what it's like to straighten your hair everyday. My hair poofs out if I just leave it curly so I straighten it.

Frequent Contributor
Jamie19
0 Kudos

Re: Get to Know Catheter

I hate clowns A LOT and more than anything. Especially ones with scary smiles and crazy eyes. Im Jamie by the way, if you didn't figure it out already. 

Frequent Contributor
Jamie19
0 Kudos

Re: Hey Everyone! Welcome & Introductions: New Users Come Here...

[ Edited ]

Hi im jamie

I love to read books as everybody else does here.

I love to play soccer.(I LOVE IT!!)

I hate scary movies and clowns.

Im normally quit but when im hyper I go crazy!!

I've been playing the saxaphone for 2 and a half years.

I'm NOT a girlie girl because i hate shopping and barley know how to put make-up on.

I like rock, country, hard rock and people like AC/DC and Muse(my fav. band)

Thata about all I can think of and im proably borng everybody.Bye :smileywink:

Reader-Moderator
agnijay
0 Kudos

Welcome Jamie!

☼☺♥ Jaya ♥☺☼

If we crawl/ Till we can walk again/ Then we'll run/ Until we're strong enough to jump/ Then we'll fly/ Until there is no end.
New User
Adina27
0 Kudos

hey i just turned 15 wednesday. i love volleyball and baseball. i'd like to play the piano some day and i love reading simone elkeles books. i only liked the first 2 twilight books and i never saw the movies because robert pattinson is a horrible actor. kristen stewart is good though. i really like superhero stuff like batman and iron man.

New User
bookworm1107288
0 Kudos

Hey i am sammie leigh,

i so agree with u on rob not being able to act.  But i love the twilight books.  The piano is really fun to play i used to take leason's :smileyhappy:

Contributor
Madeline
0 Kudos

Hi my name is Madeline and of course I am obsessed with reading. I love fairies, vampires, witches, werewolves, and just about anything related to magic. I read mostly fiction and teen fiction. I just finished reading A Wrinkle in Time and now my next read is Tithe. Can't wait I am so excited!

Frequent Contributor
Fabulous_Ali
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Hi I have been on here since Friday but I decided to introduce myself anyway. My username is Fabulous_Ali and no, my name is not Ali. The reason that's my name is because in my favorate series, Pretty Little Liars, there is a girl named Ali and she always says "I'm Ali and I'm fabulous!" So, I figured I could use that as my username. Feel free to call me Ali anyway, because I rather not have people know who I really am. Well, a little about me:

My favorite sports are lacrosse, dance, basketball, and hockey, and sometimes various sports like softball. My favorite subject in school is math. I love to read, but hate to write. My second favorite series (because I already said my favorite above) is a tie between two; Private and Twilight (yes, Twilight, and I'd prefer you not to bash it because most people that bash it critique it on things they don't critique other series about, or they already read the first two chapters of the first book (which, by the way, I DO agree where really really boring) or they only saw the movies and critiqued the actors, who I think all did an amazing job portraying their characters). My favorite book characters are Edward, Jasper, Alice, Bella, Emmett, and Renesmee from Twilight,, Josh, Thomas, Reed, Sabine, and Constance from Private (note that I only finished the fifth book so please don't say anythin that happens after that!),, and Ezra, Wren (at first) Aria, Spencer, Emily, and Isaac from Pretty Little Liars. I absolutely with no exceptions like Jacob Black OR Taylor Lautner (not because he portrays Jacob, just because I think he's a terrible actor, really ugly, and his voice annoys me) although if anyone else played Jacob Black I wouldn't be able to help but be slightly upset, because I think he is perfect for Jacob (like last year when they were going to recast him? Not cool!) And now I'm just kind of going on and on about book characters, so I think I will stop. 

Also my favorite authors are Sara Shepard, Kate Brian, Stephanie Meyers, and Lauren Myracle.

EDITTED IN: P.S. I used to be obsessed with Twilight, so if you insult it or any of my favveee characters I WILL freak out, seeing as sometimes the obsessed side of me still comes out every once in a wile. KayBye.

EDITTED IN: P.S.S I lovveeeeeee Justin Bieber, and I AM a belieber. So no bashin on him, either, kayy?

my name was alison dilaurentis before they even announced pretty little liars would be a tv show *flips hair*
New User
books_are_hope
0 Kudos

Hey! My name's April, but you can call Momo or Momoko. I love teen books, there hasn't been a book I've read that I didn't like! I also write poems, you can find them on deviantart. Username is ashleykimmy.

Correspondent
Book_Girl14
0 Kudos

Hi! Im Book Girl!! Of course I love books! Just about every kind..Except non-fiction! I read to get away, so why read something real and come back to view the same thing? I like silly girly books to scary vamp books. Love to write. If I talk about anything different it will always come back to books. I think people are crazy when they say they don't like to read!

When not reading I am doing gymnastics or ridding my horse!

Happy Reading!:smileyvery-happy:

New User
ChristineXFairytale
0 Kudos

WELL, my name is Christine, and I obviously love reading. I am on here, arent I? I love to get ideas on what I should read next, so if you have any ideas, let me know! I really love sciencefiction or fantasy books. Im absolutely obsessed with Harry Potter, I don't like the Twilight series, and I hate it when my favorite books are very popular! Just thought Id introduce myself, so if you would like to message me, then go right on ahead!

Contributor
Cr8zy4bks
0 Kudos

HEY!!!

I'm Cr8zy4bks... literally :smileyvery-happy: . I love escaping into the world of books. I read really fast (1 300page book = 1-2 days of reading) but when it comes to book talks I have a lot to contribute (for those who think I skim). I am really busy but I ALWAYS find time to read. I just found out about this whole B&N Teen Book Clubs thing and I immediately told one of my bff's who is also crazy about books. We just started and are so excited to find out about more books!!!

"He who lends a book is an idiot. He who returns the book is more of an idiot."

--Arabic Proverb

New User
booklover101HD
0 Kudos

You can call me Ducky I read more than a book a week but i could read a couple in a day if I didn't have school and stuff

Enjoy!

Reader-Moderator
agnijay
0 Kudos

Sorry I've been so busy... Welcome to all of you!

☼☺♥ Jaya ♥☺☼

If we crawl/ Till we can walk again/ Then we'll run/ Until we're strong enough to jump/ Then we'll fly/ Until there is no end.
Contributor
Cr8zy4bks
0 Kudos

Ditto on the non-fiction I always try to keep an open mind for books but non-fiction bore me. That's what the news-papers/magazines/INTERNET are for. Why do they clog up book shelves when those that are NOT interested in them outnumber those who ARE (which I don't think exist). :smileyvery-happy:

"He who lends a book is an idiot. He who returns the book is more of an idiot."

--Arabic Proverb

Frequent Contributor
korts
0 Kudos

hey my name is Korts! i am in college.  i have found that i love reading.  i have so many books so now i am looking forward to reading them.  i am reading a series called fablehaven.  they say it is like the harry potter but hello its harry potter thats so much to live up to!  i am looking forward to reading the city bones series? i heard it was really good and reading the other posts everyone loves it.  i like fiction and fantasy.  i do like vampires but not so much twilight.  if anyone has any ideas on some new books for me to read let me know.  keep on reading...

Reader
Liverpool6
0 Kudos

Hi :] My name is Korra and you people might know my sister LexieVamp. hehe I like soccer and I love funny books. I have a little puppy named Lola and My favorite team for soccer is Liverpool (hence the name).

Contributor
luvbooksejm
0 Kudos

Hi my name is Elizabeth...I am a college grad that loves all types of books and yes I love teen books....it is a wonderful way for me to ecsape my life and enjoys different worlds and fantasies. I absolutely love art it is my passion and I would probably say reading is a close second next to watching movies! I like all different kinds of books. My recent books are The Sookie Stackhouse series, Gracling, and Darkly Dreaming Dexter. Thats about it I guess.

Contributor
luvbooksejm
0 Kudos

korts wrote:

hey my name is Korts! i am in college.  i have found that i love reading.  i have so many books so now i am looking forward to reading them.  i am reading a series called fablehaven.  they say it is like the harry potter but hello its harry potter thats so much to live up to!  i am looking forward to reading the city bones series? i heard it was really good and reading the other posts everyone loves it.  i like fiction and fantasy.  i do like vampires but not so much twilight.  if anyone has any ideas on some new books for me to read let me know.  keep on reading...

I would suggest the Sookie Stackhouse series...it is a very good vampire series. Graceling is a pretty good book it is on the fantasy side. Those are some I have enjoyed!!!