Contributor
lmr003
0 Kudos

Re: Hey Everyone! Welcome & Introductions: New Users Come Here...

Hey everyone-

My name's Lindsay and i'm a college student as well, but i still love browsing the teen section haha...anyway, i'm new to this whole BN community thing, but figured i'd give it a shot.

:smileyhappy: Lindsay

-Lindsay

Scribe
JdiennoPSU

Welcome Lindsay!

I am also a college student (but soon to be a college grad).  I love browsing a teen selection and hope you get a chance to really see what the B&NBC forums really have to offer.  There are a ton of book clubs and places for you to talk about pretty much everything.  Once again welcome, I hope you find these forums interesting!

- JJ

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.

FACT: Childhood cancers are the #1 disease killer in children - more than asthma, cystic fibrosis, diabetes, and pediatric AIDS combined.
Contributor
lmr003
0 Kudos

Question... so i thought clicking 'reply' on someone's post box would show up what they wrote in your post as well...i'm confused.

please help! :smileyhappy:

-Lindsay

Inspired Contributor
Heather_Lynn
0 Kudos

Hello!!  I'm Heather and this is my first time being on a message board.  I use to hate reading until Twilight came out and now I love reading.  When I find books that truly interest me.  I am a little older than probably most of you up here.  However, I love YA books because it helps you re-live those first loves with a twist of immortal goodness!! :smileywink:

I look forward to meeting you guys on the boards and I am looking into joining The Online Book Club.  I am currently working on The Body Finder.  I am not that fast of a reader...especially with two small children...so hopefully I will catch up either by May or at least June

The Beatles White On Black Banner Pictures, Images and Photos
Inspired Contributor
Heather_Lynn
0 Kudos

lmr003 wrote:

Question... so i thought clicking 'reply' on someone's post box would show up what they wrote in your post as well...i'm confused.

please help! :smileyhappy:

When you hit reply to the person you want to reply to in the right corner there is a box that says "Quote" it is nex to the spell check (when you are writing your message).  Hit the quote will allow you to show who you are speaking to.  Like above I have quoted you to show whose post I am reply too.

Hope this helps!

The Beatles White On Black Banner Pictures, Images and Photos
New User
BlindGrrl
0 Kudos

Hey Jaya. My name is Cecilia. Which is why me user name is what it is (Cecilia means blind) not that you all needed to know that. I only started reading a year ago and am happy to say that i am completely hooked. It's just strange to even imagine what my life was before. There's not a day when I don't come on to see if there's any new book I haven'e been able to get my hands on yet and decided that this is a good a place to start as any. As of right now I have so many books to recomend that I don't know what to say. The first three books out of the top of my head though are Lord Loss by Darren Shan, Going Bovine by Libba Bray, and The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak. These are awesome and I hope they will help someone out there who's just itching to get their hands on a good book.                                                                   

Keep Turning Them Pages; BlindGrrl

Forever Blind,
New User
Mandyjg12151985
0 Kudos

Hello all,

My name is Amanda.  I love to read, I love vampire books the most though. 

Inspired Contributor
LittleDiva
0 Kudos

Hey Everyone! I'm new to Teen Reads, But I've been on Harry Potter and Knitting topics for a little while! I love to read... But sadly when I was younger I NEVER did! My mom and Nana talked me into it when I was... 8 or 9, I never knew how much I was missing! But now I read ALL the time! It's taught me so much:smileyhappy: I love it! I didn't think I would get so attached! If you ever decide to stop reading, like I did for awhile, DON'T. You might never have a chance like I did. I had loving people all around me, buying them as presents, giving and giving, and just doing everything in there power to help me!

Love,

Happy Reader LD

New User
vamplover95
0 Kudos

:Hey I'm luna ... I love to read LOL you most likely guessed that . Right now  I'm reading maximum ride.: school's out forever ... It's awesome so far; I like fiction you now like really out of this world stuff.

"Peace be upon you"

Contributor
AnetteTepesDracula
0 Kudos

My name is Anette or Nettie. I'm a junior in high school.

I love to read, write, sing, gypsy dance, and doodle.

I'm fascinated by different religions even though I myself am neutral on religion.

I can carry on a conversation in German and I hope to learn Finnish, Norwegian, Russian, and Romanian one day. I dream of going to Romania to teach there or maybe Germany or Scandinavia.

I'm a big anti-Twilighter (I don't hate all of the fans, I dislike the overly obsessed ones).

I'm fascinated by Vlad the Impaler, Elizabeth Bathory, the Nazi party, the middle ages, and vikings.

"Alles brennt, wenn die Flamme nur heiss genug ist. Die Welt ist nichts als ein Schmelztiegel."
New User
pteroscript14159
0 Kudos

I'm 14, soon to turn 15, and a freshman.

I like reading (why else would I be posting here? Really.....)

My height is somewhere between 5'5 and 5'6, and have am pretty much average in almost all respects. I can't stand most sports, yet I'm stronger than most girls ( 10 years of ballet can do that to you, even if you're not serious about dance). I DO however, like hurdles. I'd rather do half a mile of straight hurdles than half a mile of plain old running any day.

I like doing things with my hands...anything, like cooking, knitting, embroidery, art....but I'm not actually girly. I prefer all my clothes to be "boyfit" or actual guys' clothes. I haven't the slightest clue how to apply makeup (my friends were horrified to find out last week that I actually didn't know what mascara was)

I live in China right now, and I go to an International School, but I'll be homeschooling next year.

I'm also a Christian, and I really like Tenth Avenue North, Switchfoot, and Superchick.

I don't write much, but I read just about any genre, and I read A LOT. I'm the person who falls asleep during classes, not because they were up all night playing computer games or studying, but because they finished homework at 12 and chose to read for four hours before sleeping. Don't know how that'll work out next year between my 6 APs though.

Sorry, that was one blown out self-intro. Nice to meet you all.

Inspired Wordsmith
Morigami
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Blog: http://booklover-bookchicks.blogspot.com/
New User
rainia123
0 Kudos

HELLO!!!

Uh..hi..um i really don't get how we're like supposed to talk to each other and stuff but anyway...Huge reader, mostly fiction, fantasy, ramnce, and realistic fiction. Anything sci-fi or non-fic i mostly despise. Kind of into sports.I'm in the 7 grade, and I'm a southern girl. I'm very contant with reading. I have over 100 books. Yes, you're probably thinking y doesn't she just go to the library? well the fact is im very impatient and I love to reread my books. Well, um that's it so if anyone has some suggestions of books i might like Im all ears so ....contact me somehow or something.

New User
Abril-Cassandra
0 Kudos

HEY EvERY ONE iM ABRIL OR bril for short. I love to read and write, i like to debate on various topics and would like to start a book club. However i need pointers and instructions on how to do so. Anyone want to lend a helping hand???

Contributor
belongdownsouth
0 Kudos

HI!!! I'm Brenda,

I love reading, all books well anything but non-fiction :smileyhappy: well i dont know what else to say lol

Sounds like life to me it ain’t no fantasy
It’s just a common case of everyday reality
Man I know it’s tough but you gotta suck it up
To hear you talk you’re caught up in some tragedy
It sounds like life to me
Reader-Moderator
agnijay
0 Kudos

Wow! A lot of college students... Welcome to you all. Sorry I wasn't able to welcome you all personally; unfortunately I am still in high school, and AP Testing has kept me busy, but happy posting!

☼☺♥ Jaya ♥☺☼

If we crawl/ Till we can walk again/ Then we'll run/ Until we're strong enough to jump/ Then we'll fly/ Until there is no end.
New User
SabraSativa
0 Kudos

Im Sabra, i absolutly love reading. And i have an extremely hectic schedual and reading dosnt usually help, but its my vice and i love it. :smileyhappy:

Inspired Correspondent
djamphir88
0 Kudos

hi dont know what to say, i have read books since when i was young, love to read, play basketball love sports, decide to join a bookclub during the summer and wondering what book i can start, to get in the next discussion.

sorry new at this

Red Jumpsuit Apparatus Pictures, Images and Photos
Reader 2
jcurrier82
0 Kudos

hello everyone!!! Im new to this and always wanted to join an online comunity book clu or actually one in my area but im new to area im in now. I have read lots of young adults books cuase they are the best to read. Im a huge Harry Potter fan. As well as anything Cinda Willams Chima has writtten and The Immortal Nicholas Famel series, Maximum Ride, Daniel X, Hunger Games Trilogy, Eragon or the both series Darren Shan has written. At the present time I am reading the Looking Glass Wars. But if anyone has read any of the above titles and you wanna discuss them pls reply. Im really excited to join this club.

Correspondent
b00kwerm
0 Kudos

Hi, jcurrier82!! I'm b00kwerm. =D It's nice to meet you. I LOVE the Looking Glass Wars!! Harry Potter is also awesome. LOL I haven't read Eragon in a while, and I never read the final part of the trilogy. :/ It got boring. I'm going to borrow my sib's copy of the Hunger Games soon. =]