Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Correspondent
REXx
0 Kudos

Re: Hey Everyone! Welcome & Introductions: New Users Come Here...

SUP EVERYONE,

My name is Laura but people call me rexx because im all like "I want to be a dinasour when i grow up." Haha! but of course I love to read! I don't really like twilight but I'm on team Jacob. I am 13 years old and go to middle school. My favorite books are the midnighters series and the darkest powers series. I am a weird original person and an official ninja with a ninja rival. I really don't like sunny days, rainy days make me happy. I'm more of a creature of the night kind of person. THE END

conquer it like a bunny conquers a stack of carrots.:smileywink:

ALN
Wordsmith
ALN
0 Kudos

Hi! The name's Alisha. I've been on here for over a year now, but have yet to post on here. I kind of just jumped into things and didn't introduce myself. Better late than never. Well by now some of you have talked to me on the chat or through other posts. So a little bit about me that you may not know is that I'm 18 and a freshman in college. I lived in a small town in GA, but now I go to school in SC. I don't think I'll ever stop liking reading YA books, but I have started reading more of the classics. I have way to many favorites books, but I will tell you that my favorite authors are Ellen Hopkins and Laurie Halse Anderson. I'm also a blogger and you can check out my blog at http://alishareads.blogspot.com if you want. Sorry it took me forever to reply to this thread, but I'm glad to see there are a lot of new people on here!

"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it. "
Reader
Read247
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone!

I am studying to be a high school english teacher and am always hunting around for good teen books that will interest my students in reading. I love to read and if I could just stay home and read all day I would be perfectly fine with that. My future students on the other hand probably will not share my passion for reading so if I can get some idea on what books get teens reading that would be great.

Thanks Everyone!

Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

Read247 wrote:

Hello Everyone!

I am studying to be a high school english teacher and am always hunting around for good teen books that will interest my students in reading. I love to read and if I could just stay home and read all day I would be perfectly fine with that. My future students on the other hand probably will not share my passion for reading so if I can get some idea on what books get teens reading that would be great.

Thanks Everyone!

Usually when teens get into reading it's because of a popular series at the time. It is sad that some of the less popular books don't receive as much attention but it happens. Some books for teens right now would probably be The Mortal Instruments Boxed Set  Fallen  Hush, Hush  Hunger Games Trilogy Boxed Set  Shiver (Wolves of Mercy Falls Series #1)  Linger (Wolves of Mercy Falls Series #2)  Hope that helped.

Pages of Forbidden Love
http://pages-of-forbidden-love.blogspot.com/
New User
Jessica_Auditore
0 Kudos

I love love love your quote at the bottom of your message. (and I love love love Charlie) (and I'm just assuming that you know who Charlie is)

New User
lamb1901
0 Kudos

Hey There!

My name is Cristal and I'm a College Freshman that absolutely loves to read. My favorites are definitely Teen Fiction and Literature from The Romantic Era and the Victorian. Whenever I'm not reading my textbook or studying for class, I'm usually reading whatever I can get my hands on.

I'm a total caffeine junkie so you can always find me with a cup of coffee in one hand and a book in another. I enjoy making new friends, so feel free to message me anytime :smileyhappy:

Scribe
JdiennoPSU
0 Kudos

Welcome Cristal!  My name is JJ and I just graduated from Penn State in May!  Welcome to the boards.  We have an online book club in which we read books (i think its 2 a month) and discuss them on the 14th and 30th.  I see that you have a lot of the B&N eBook Classics in your library... do you own a NOOK??  Anyway welcome!  I hope you enjoy it here and stick around! 

- JJ

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.

FACT: Childhood cancers are the #1 disease killer in children - more than asthma, cystic fibrosis, diabetes, and pediatric AIDS combined.
Frequent Contributor
MichelleWachbrit
0 Kudos

Hey everybody! My name's Michelle and I'm 23. I've always read whatever I could get my hands on and I've always loved teen fiction because it's lighter than fiction written for adults and it's just more fun.

I've been writing just about as long as I've been reading and my biggest dream was to one day be a published author. Well, I just realised this dream - I signed with a publisher for a 3 book deal. If you'd like to check the book out, you can see it here on b&n.com, or you can even check out my website!

For all those aspiring authors out there: know that it is very difficult to get picked up by a publisher these days, but if you stick with it and never give up, you can make it. It's all about believing in yourself and your dream.

The Last Guardian Website

(To the mods: If I'm not allowed to post the info for my book, I apologize. I couldn't find anything that said I couldn't.)

Check my website (http://thelastguardianbook.com/) to buy my YA book, read the first chapter, look over character bios, and much more!
B&N: http://search.barnesandnoble.com/books/e/9780984154364/
Contributor
LPotter84
0 Kudos

Hi, everyone. I'm Potter. That's my last name and no, I'm not related to Harry (although I love him). I've been lurking around the boards for probably a year or so and just signed up for my forum posting privileges today. I am not a teen, but YA is definitely my favorite genre to read. I also enjoy epic fantasy (Jordan, Goodkind, Martin, Salvatore), historical fiction (Philippa Gregory), the occasional memoir (Frank McCourt), and many more.

R.A. Salvatore's Drizzt series is what made me RE-fall in love with reading for pleasure after all of the high school required reading kind of burned me out. Now it is rare if I go a day without a book and recently (well earlier this year) I purchased a Nook, which I LOVE. I still love my hard copy books, but the Nook makes appointments and other travel so much easier for me.

Right now, my favorite YA series include: The Mortal Instruments, Vampire Academy, Vampire Diaries, Immortals, Southern Vampire series(is this even YA?), and House of Night.

I'm Team Jace (and Simon!), Team Dimitri, Team Damon, Team Damen, Team Eric, and Team Rephaim, in case you were wondering, lol.

I'm currently working on my own novel (YA AU fantasy) and helping a friend polish her finished manuscript (YA paranormal fantasy). 

I guess that's about everything. Nice to meet you all! :smileyhappy:

New User
Alana4
0 Kudos

Im new and confused

I have recently just read Forget You by Jennifer Echols

Uhmm... I am trying to figure this all out :smileyhappy:

~Lanie~
New User
Bria_831
0 Kudos

hey im Bria i was wondering what is a good book to read i just turned 18 and i need one for school. i am dyslexic so something under 200 pgs. and something i would like as a teen reader!!!

Reader-Moderator
agnijay
0 Kudos

Hey everyone!

Sorry it's been so long. Just want you to know that I am reading all of your posts and remember, anything you want me to combine or float, just PM me. It's great seeing so many readers who enjoy Teen books but aren't actually teenagers!

Bria- Good luck on your quest. I would definitely suggest something by Jodi Picoult but her books are generally very long. Have you maybe tried An Abundance of Katherines by John Green? Or any of his other books...

☼☺♥ Jaya ♥☺☼

If we crawl/ Till we can walk again/ Then we'll run/ Until we're strong enough to jump/ Then we'll fly/ Until there is no end.
New User
ILikeBigBooks
0 Kudos

Ok, I'm really not sure how to use this site at all!  I am starting a book club at my school and would like all the help and resources I can find! HELP!!

Contributor
KABA
0 Kudos

Re: Hey Everyone!

Hello everyone!  I'm Kelly and this is my first Book Club.  I am 23 years old, (I have seen a few other 20 year olds, nice to know I'm not the only one) and a very recent College graduate who majored in Literature.  I did my Senior Project on Young Adult Fantasy. I love to read a lot, mostly Young Adult Fantasy and Historical Fiction, mostly taking place before the 1600s.  I am from NJ, I have one younger brother.  I am a former fashion major.  I am OK with Harry Potter, less OK with Twilight and  I love Narnia. My favorite books include The Song of the Lioness, Nicholas Flamel, Artemis Fowl, and the Faerie Path.  I also like classics such as Gone with the Wind and The Once and Future King.  My favorite movies are Star Wars, The Lord of the Rings and Narnia, all for the fact of the amazing costumes slightly more so than the story line.   I spend my days, reading and writing my own stories.

Happy Posting to everyone!

Scribe
JdiennoPSU
0 Kudos

KABA wrote:

Hello everyone!  I'm Kelly and this is my first Book Club.  I am 23 years old, (I have seen a few other 20 year olds, nice to know I'm not the only one) and a very recent College graduate who majored in Literature.  I did my Senior Project on Young Adult Fantasy. I love to read a lot, mostly Young Adult Fantasy and Historical Fiction, mostly taking place before the 1600s.  I am from NJ, I have one younger brother.  I am a former fashion major.  I am OK with Harry Potter, less OK with Twilight and  I love Narnia. My favorite books include The Song of the Lioness, Nicholas Flamel, Artemis Fowl, and the Faerie Path.  I also like classics such as Gone with the Wind and The Once and Future King.  My favorite movies are Star Wars, The Lord of the Rings and Narnia, all for the fact of the amazing costumes slightly more so than the story line.   I spend my days, reading and writing my own stories.

Happy Posting to everyone!

Welcome Kelly!  My name is JJ and I am 23 also.  I just recently graduated from Penn State with a B.S. in Bioengineering.  I too live in NJ but will be moving to Pittsburgh for work next month.  Whats your favorite Narnia book??  The Once and Future King is probably my favorite book of all time.  At Penn State I actually took a class on Arthurian Legend... it was awesome.  Do you also like Star Trek or are you just into Star Wars??  Anyway just wanted to say welcome!!

- JJ

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.

FACT: Childhood cancers are the #1 disease killer in children - more than asthma, cystic fibrosis, diabetes, and pediatric AIDS combined.
Contributor
KABA
0 Kudos

Hi JJ, not really sure what my favorite Narnia book is, probably Lion, Witch and the Wardrobe.  I love the movies and can't wait for the Voyage of the Dawn Treader in December.  I am so jealous your school offers a class on King Arthur, that is so cool.  I am a loyal Star Wars who sticks basically to the movies, my mom is the Terkkie, (she's just watches the movies and nothing else).

Frequent Contributor
----SOBBY_love---
0 Kudos

okkkkkkkkkk because im weird, and paranoid, and dont like computers, i am not going to say my name. butt i will say i live in new jersey (but not snooki jersey; the white people no accent boring jersey) and i am a freshman at my high school.

I am obsessed with reading. like, not even kidding. I have 605 books in my room and 3 note books full of just lists books ii want. oh and i also have sticky notes on my closet door reminding me what books that i want come out. and above my bed is a list of books that i have and havent read yet. in 8th grade (last yr i guess) i reread the harry potter series 7 times. yes 7. i also took the entire series with me to D.C. and managed to finish all of them in 4 days (the buses broke down. alot.). I write.. sometimes, when i feel like it. I am on a mission to find all of the good young adult books out there and just simply banish the rest from my mind. i actually made my friends a list of like 60 books that i want them to read. in the end i am just crazy. i read 79 books over the summer and 130 last school year. i have no life. and i dont like computers. mines a load of crap and turns off on me all the time. so i might come on here once a week maybe. same goes for facebook :smileyhappy:.

just call me sobby.

Wordsmith
wheeze
0 Kudos

----SOBBY_love--- wrote:

okkkkkkkkkk because im weird, and paranoid, and dont like computers, i am not going to say my name. butt i will say i live in new jersey (but not snooki jersey; the white people no accent boring jersey) and i am a freshman at my high school.

I am obsessed with reading. like, not even kidding. I have 605 books in my room and 3 note books full of just lists books ii want. oh and i also have sticky notes on my closet door reminding me what books that i want come out. and above my bed is a list of books that i have and havent read yet. in 8th grade (last yr i guess) i reread the harry potter series 7 times. yes 7. i also took the entire series with me to D.C. and managed to finish all of them in 4 days (the buses broke down. alot.). I write.. sometimes, when i feel like it. I am on a mission to find all of the good young adult books out there and just simply banish the rest from my mind. i actually made my friends a list of like 60 books that i want them to read. in the end i am just crazy. i read 79 books over the summer and 130 last school year. i have no life. and i dont like computers. mines a load of crap and turns off on me all the time. so i might come on here once a week maybe. same goes for facebook :smileyhappy:.

just call me sobby.

Hey Sobby! No worries on the name, we all don't use ours on here anyway. You have definitely come to the right place. I am just like you, LOVE to make lists of books to read! Hope you find someone good ones! Feel free to put on the site what you are reading the time, or if you have some great books to recommend, check out the list Lexa made "The Ultimate Recommendation List" and add them! I love to discover new teen reads to check out! :smileyhappy:

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."
— Marilyn Monroe
Frequent Contributor
Lildove3
0 Kudos

Hi there...been with been B&N for awhile and enjoy all aspects of B&N...can't wait to get into the

discussions of the novel "Crescendo" looks like a very good read :smileywink:If You need help or have questions I'll be more than happy to help if I can.

Contributor
MollieMayhem
0 Kudos

Hey everyone! My name is Mollie. I'm 17 and I think it's pretty obvious that I love to read. I'm not picky about genre and I love talk. So yeah that's me :smileyhappy: