Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Scribe
_mOonSeeKer_
0 Kudos

Re: Get to Know Eachother

I love arts too! do you paint?? :smileyvery-happy:

chesca123 wrote:

Hey im Frankie!

Im 15

Im from England - happy to know im not the only brtish person :smileyvery-happy: lol

I row once a week. And i used to play the violin - want to start the piano

People say im really quiet, shy and prefer to keep to myself but i do come out of my shadow every once in a while.

I love to read: 

My favourite books are pride and prejudice, wuthering heights, and the virgin suicides.

My favourite series is the mortal instruments series by cassandra clare.

I'm 5'6/ 7

I love art and thats about it

http://whisperinglostwords.blogspot.com
Inspired Contributor
Laestares
0 Kudos

chesca123 wrote:

Hey im Frankie!

Im 15

Im from England - happy to know im not the only brtish person :smileyvery-happy: lol

I row once a week. And i used to play the violin - want to start the piano

People say im really quiet, shy and prefer to keep to myself but i do come out of my shadow every once in a while.

I love to read: 

My favourite books are pride and prejudice, wuthering heights, and the virgin suicides.

My favourite series is the mortal instruments series by cassandra clare.

I'm 5'6/ 7

I love art and thats about it

Sweet... My favorite books are wuthering heights, pride and prejudice, and 3 tragedies by lorca, pretty close :smileyhappy: The virgin suicides was amazing.

Oh and by the way arvie, I do paint, but I don't sell them lol... I'm too scared.

-Lael (i stare)
Distinguished Correspondent
Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

im 15

gonna be a sophomore

im a book slut

pride and prejudice(new), titanic, pearl harbor my fav movies

i love volleyball

live in a hicktown

i love history

want to travel all over the world

im 5 feet 3 inches

and more stuff that i cant think of!

"He is bound to you,” said the Queen. “But does he love you?"
Wordsmith
Raestar15
0 Kudos

Hi,

My name is Rachel but you can call me Rae.

I'm sixteen years old, have chocolate brown eyes, and sorta wavy sorta messy brown hair that is about three inches below my shoulders. It is layered and I have bangs too.

I am 5'9" (very tall) and have an average body type. (Well I might be a little outta shape but that's because I've been sick this year and haven't been doing much but sleeping.)

I have five chickens(lol no joke) and my family has a five month old kitten named Leo.

I love writing, reading, and watching horror movies.

I'm not really into sports but I love watching football and soccer games.

I don't have a favorite anything besides the color green because I always change my mind on what I love.

I want to be a nurse when I grow up (ontop of my dream of being an author.)

And that's about all.

Rae 

Zoey:smileyfrustrated:pirit is what makes us unique,what gives us strength,and it is what lives on after our bodies are no more.
~House of Night~

Laurel it if you like it!!!
~Rae
Inspired Contributor
Laestares
0 Kudos

Sweet... I've never heard of another 16 year old who was 5'9 like me, right on...

And my sister lives for the color green :smileyhappy:

-Lael (i stare)
Wordsmith
CaLaMiTyPLeAsE
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Hey everyone!

I'm fifteen (turning 16 in Dec.)

I'm going to be a sophmore

I'm 4 ft 11 (not kidding, i've been described as pixie-ish many a time)

I'm a blondie with blue eyes

Im a tech-emo

I'm a Wiccan (lead Fire)

I'm loud and crazy

I have three cats and two dogs (calico, dsh, Blue, and golden retrievers)

Me and my boyfriend might be broken up ??? i'm not sure though....

said boyfriend is nineteen (and no he is not too old for me)

said boyfriend has been boyfriend for over a year now

i apparently look like a cat

I hate rap

and my pet peeve is people who dont commit

i'm a singer/writer/lyricist/dancer/ex-violinist

wow,,,i must be bored, i've said a lot. hahahah

Message Edited by CaLaMiTyPLeAsE on 08-05-2009 04:46 PM
step through my looking glass at calamityplease.blogspot.com and it'd be ever so thoughtful and kind of you to follow me. :smileywink: Also I have a new contests of sorts on said blog concerning THE VAMPIRE ACADEMY by Richelle Mead. So check it out.
BLUEICEGAL
0 Kudos

hey clam, i remember you saying how things wernt going well between u and u bf, and how he was way to protective, so wht happened and why might have u broken up ? 

Wanna know the awesomeness that is moi??? movies, artists, gossip and the latest reviews of your fav books not to mention my upcoming twilight parody that i am currently working on is all here folks!! @ My Blog Fantasy4eva spread the word girls :smileyhappy:
Fantasy4eva
Distinguished Wordsmith
BeeZnEEz101
0 Kudos

Re: Get to Know Each other

HEY EVERYONE how you doing?

I'm sometimes a shy person and sometimes friendly 

I'm going to 8th grade and 

I'm 5'4 or 5'5 and slim  ( don't like the word skinny)

I like getting new clothes and eating the peanut butter cup of perfection from cold stone or just eating in general 

I dnt play any sports really

I like reading books with a little romance and what not 

my fave drink is lemonade 

I was born in Ca and now live in boring OHio

I'm proud to say I'm black 

I like listening to Michael Jackson, aaliyah, TLC, beyonce, rihanna, Chris brown, justin timberlake, fefe dobson, Whitney Houston, cyndi lauper, katy perry, lady gaga, kanye west, Drake, jen hudson, kid cudi, new boyz, dorrough, soulja boy, lil wayne, kelly rowland/clarkson and much much more

some shows I watch are: good times, living single, 106 and park, its on with alexa chung, half and half, gilmore girls, greys anatomy, smart guy, sister sister, spongebob, icarly, the news

BLUEICEGAL
0 Kudos

hey beez! am so glad to know im not the only one, i was seeing people sayin they like linkin park, and all these other bands and im like wheres some lil wayne, or chris brown gone? i love all the artists u mentioned, my fav one right now is jeramiah, his new trak caled birthday sex, people this songs is gunna blow u away its jsut those two words that might seem dodgey the rest is normal its a sik song u should chek it out beez n tell me wt u fink :smileyvery-happy:
Wanna know the awesomeness that is moi??? movies, artists, gossip and the latest reviews of your fav books not to mention my upcoming twilight parody that i am currently working on is all here folks!! @ My Blog Fantasy4eva spread the word girls :smileyhappy:
Fantasy4eva
Correspondent
thaisra
0 Kudos

BLUEICEGAL wrote:
hey beez! am so glad to know im not the only one, i was seeing people sayin they like linkin park, and all these other bands and im like wheres some lil wayne, or chris brown gone? i love all the artists u mentioned, my fav one right now is jeramiah, his new trak caled birthday sex, people this songs is gunna blow u away its jsut those two words that might seem dodgey the rest is normal its a sik song u should chek it out beez n tell me wt u fink :smileyvery-happy:

hahaha I listen to their songs...sometimes

I enjoy most genres of music even classical 

Wordsmith
CaLaMiTyPLeAsE
0 Kudos

Hey Blue, well two days ago my bf was over and we were having another fight about my guy friend being over at my house late. And then he was all "i need to be away from you for awhile." and he stormed out and we havent talked since.
step through my looking glass at calamityplease.blogspot.com and it'd be ever so thoughtful and kind of you to follow me. :smileywink: Also I have a new contests of sorts on said blog concerning THE VAMPIRE ACADEMY by Richelle Mead. So check it out.
BLUEICEGAL
0 Kudos

crap that sounds bad, so basically ur in the situation where both of u are waiitng for the other to call first that sucks, so wt u gunna do about it? oh and when u say late, how late do you mean?
Fantasy4eva
Wordsmith
twilightfann
0 Kudos

Hey everyone ! Well, I'm Kelly & I'm 16.

I loveee Harry Potter.

Art is my life <333

I used to love twilight, but now I can't stand it. (as you can see, I really regret my username choice, lol!)

Not only do I love art, but I also love photography.

I'm a book nerd.

I'm from unpredictable New England.

Casablanca is my all time favorite movie.

Punk rock is the best. (all time low = best band ever)

I'm slightly obsessed with converse. I think I own about five different pairs, hehe.

I'm a generally happy person :smileyhappy:

The persons of their world lived in an atmosphere of faint implications and pale delicacies, and the fact that he and she understood each other without a word seemed to the young man to bring them nearer than any explanation would have done.
-The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton
Reader-Moderator
agnijay
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Sorry.

I'm 15

I'm having a huge Sweet 16 in November.

I live in Illinois.

I had a stalker once. 

I'm never TRULY happy with the way I look.

I like swimming.

I can't sing for crap, but I like to do it anyway.

People think I'm a LOT smarter than I really am. 

I'm Hindu.

I love my puppy.

I've kissed 2 guys... I've never dated anyone before.

I love reading.

I need to join more extra-curriular activities.

Oh... and I'm 5'3"

Message Edited by agnijay on 08-05-2009 06:25 PM
☼☺♥ Jaya ♥☺☼

If we crawl/ Till we can walk again/ Then we'll run/ Until we're strong enough to jump/ Then we'll fly/ Until there is no end.
Wordsmith
J.R._BookWorm
0 Kudos

My name's Jenn

I'm 14 (I'll be 15 in September!)

I'm 5'4.....I'm so short compared to my firends....

I'll be starting high school in the fall....*sob*

I have one annoying little brother....*sigh*

I live in Texas!

I can play the Clarinet and Steel Drums!

I don't play sports (no hand eye condnation....)

I made all of my friends into book worms! lol! :smileyhappy:

"I didn't have quite same...upbringing as my adopted siblings here. My begining was something else entirely."
Jasper
~Eclipse~
Wordsmith
Raestar15
0 Kudos

Wow it's really great to get to know eachother *smiles*. You're like my brothers and sisters (minus the being a pest part).

Rae 

Zoey:smileyfrustrated:pirit is what makes us unique,what gives us strength,and it is what lives on after our bodies are no more.
~House of Night~

Laurel it if you like it!!!
~Rae
Inspired Wordsmith
random97
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

hey Guys! Im Becca(or you can call me random or bex, i dont really care)

Im turning 14 in september

Im about 5'5', but always is short to everyone else.

im starting high school on the 19 of this month

Ive danced since i was 5, but never started being serious of really good at it until like a year or 2 ago

i didnt start loving to read until my 6th grade year

now i can read 800pg book in two days, and didnt really get into writing until the past year

i love twilight-but only the books, and it bugs me when squealy little girls are suddenly obsessed because of the movie, and then try to read other dark fantasy and hate it.

dark fantasy is my all time favorite genre

i live on the california coast-but the weather is ridiculous. nothing like how everyone imagines cali to be, and its just this town,

i love performing arts-acting, dancing, and some singing

and play tennis as a hobby

want a motorcycle, and the most ideal one would be a suzuki hayabusa GSX1300R

am christian

a major tree hugger

a new vegetarian 

etc

(w-o-w. im really bored. i wrote alot.)

Message Edited by random97 on 08-05-2009 08:15 PM
"I've been making a list of the things they don't teach you at school. They don't teach you how to love somebody. They don't teach you how to be famous. They don't teach you how to be rich or how to be poor. They don't teach you how to walk away from someone you don't love any longer. They don't teach you how to know what's going on in someone else's mind. They don't teach you what to say to someone who's dying. They don't teach you anything worth knowing."
Wordsmith
CaLaMiTyPLeAsE
0 Kudos

I have no idea what i'm going to do BLUE. I definately dont want to call first. i didnt do anything. i think. and im talking like four in the morning late.
Inspired Wordsmith
random97
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
im sorry calamity! i hope everything works out for you, and i understand why you wouldnt want to call first. i probably wouldnt either. i know i know, not helping. sorry.
Message Edited by random97 on 08-05-2009 09:24 PM
"I've been making a list of the things they don't teach you at school. They don't teach you how to love somebody. They don't teach you how to be famous. They don't teach you how to be rich or how to be poor. They don't teach you how to walk away from someone you don't love any longer. They don't teach you how to know what's going on in someone else's mind. They don't teach you what to say to someone who's dying. They don't teach you anything worth knowing."
BLUEICEGAL
0 Kudos

alrite clam think this through becuz if u love this guy u crnt afford to loose him you know?, put urself in his shoes, say if u found out he had a girl mate over til, 4am, what would you do and think? would u give him a chnace, would you stop talking to him, think those things through and then think, do u need to talk to him, and explian, but truthfully clam having a guy over 4am regardless having a boyfriend isnt such a good idea, so wt was the deal, he needed help with work or sumat? but seriously, uve been with him for a year this seems like the real deal, dont let it end, becuase of misconceptions
Fantasy4eva