Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Wordsmith
sweetiepie95
0 Kudos

Re: Get to Know Eachother

great idea

hi i'm hailey you can hails too.

i'm just turned 14 in june:smileyhappy:

i'm 5ft 4.

i'm homeschooled have been all mylife, and i hate it!(i'm friendless:smileysad:)

i like to play videogames.

im one of 6 and the only girl, so im a bit of a tomboy:smileyhappy:

i like sports but football is my fave.

i love to read! duh!

i'm shy at first but then i warm up.

im kinda a dork, i dont really care what you think of me

i love the twilight sereis<3 team edward<3

and i love to talk! i'll about anything!

thats about it

I'm weird cause i hate goodbyes :smileyhappy:
Inspired Wordsmith
random97
0 Kudos

random97 wrote:

hey Guys! Im Becca(or you can call me random or bex, i dont really care)

Im turning 14 in september

Im about 5'5', but always is short to everyone else.

im starting high school on the 19 of this month

Ive danced since i was 5, but never started being serious of really good at it until like a year or 2 ago

i didnt start loving to read until my 6th grade year

now i can read 800pg book in two days, and didnt really get into writing until the past year

i love twilight-but only the books, and it bugs me when squealy little girls are suddenly obsessed because of the movie, and then try to read other dark fantasy and hate it.

dark fantasy is my all time favorite genre

i live on the california coast-but the weather is ridiculous. nothing like how everyone imagines cali to be, and its just this town,

i love performing arts-acting, dancing, and some singing

and play tennis as a hobby

want a motorcycle, and the most ideal one would be a suzuki hayabusa GSX1300R

am christian

a major tree hugger

a new vegetarian 

etc

(w-o-w. im really bored. i wrote alot.)

Message Edited by random97 on 08-05-2009 08:15 PM

ok i forgot to say that my fav song changes everyday, and just because i listed twilight, doesnt mean its my fave book. i have many.

and calamity, blues right. you need to look things over, and then decide what to do. make sure your decision is from your heart.

"I've been making a list of the things they don't teach you at school. They don't teach you how to love somebody. They don't teach you how to be famous. They don't teach you how to be rich or how to be poor. They don't teach you how to walk away from someone you don't love any longer. They don't teach you how to know what's going on in someone else's mind. They don't teach you what to say to someone who's dying. They don't teach you anything worth knowing."
Wordsmith
CaLaMiTyPLeAsE
0 Kudos

Me and my friend were just hanging out. We're like best friends. we were watching a movie and eating cereal. it's like our inside joke. and then Blaine (the bf) decided to suprise me and come over, and he saw Tyler's (the friend) car, he flipped and came rampaging in, and screamed at Ty, and Ty left because he's admitted that Blaine could kick his ass. and then me and Blaine fought, and yea. but i see your point. and he still hasnt tried to call me. i'm scared.
step through my looking glass at calamityplease.blogspot.com and it'd be ever so thoughtful and kind of you to follow me. :smileywink: Also I have a new contests of sorts on said blog concerning THE VAMPIRE ACADEMY by Richelle Mead. So check it out.
Distinguished Correspondent
BLUEICEGAL
0 Kudos

ok well u and ur mate sem genuinly kool mates, but u know blaine has trust issues, and that must be thinkin all sort of things right now, and the fact u havnt contacted him might make him feeel hes right and you dont care, even a simple text, we ned to talk, or lets meet up where i can explain can lead to sorting things out, i know u want him to get in contact first, but he feels ur guilty, not the other way around, i know it may seem unfair but, for someone you love its not such a big thing, i dont know wht u want, becuase uve had so many arguments over similar thing, hes alwasy gunna have these trust issues as long as hes with you, maybe u need a break or some time alone, where u can think wht do you want, and he can come to term with his issue, but leaving things like this is jus gunna keep things unsaid, call him clam, either to sort this out or fo go on a break for some time, i know it sems hard even harsh but at this rate ull just drift apart and thats gunna hurt the most,

lol hope im helping in any way :smileyhappy:

Wanna know the awesomeness that is moi??? movies, artists, gossip and the latest reviews of your fav books not to mention my upcoming twilight parody that i am currently working on is all here folks!! @ My Blog Fantasy4eva spread the word girls :smileyhappy:
Fantasy4eva
Wordsmith
sweetiepie95
0 Kudos

great idea

hi i'm hailey you can hails too.

i'm just turned 14 in june:smileyhappy:

i'm a christian.

i'm 5ft 4.

i'm homeschooled have been all mylife, and i hate it!(i'm friendless:smileysad:)

i like to play videogames.

im one of 6 and the only girl, so im a bit of a tomboy:smileyhappy:

i like sports but football is my fave.

i love to read! duh!

i'm shy at first but then i warm up.

im kinda a dork, i dont really care what you think of me

i love the twilight sereis<3 team edward<3

and i love to talk! i'll about anything!

thats about it

I'm weird cause i hate goodbyes :smileyhappy:
Inspired Correspondent
CHEYtheBOOK_LOVER
0 Kudos

This is a good idea.

My name is Cheyanne, but most of my friends call me Chey.

I'm really tall, like 5'10".

I just graduated high school and turned 18.

I love shoes and clothes. I have a shopping problem.

I'm moving out and into my dorm in two weeks to start college, at the #1 University!!

I have AMAZING friends. Two of them are the best though. One is the EX.

I'm a Christian. God is #1. I'm not one to shove it down your throat, but I will tell you about it.

In a year I plan on taking the major step of moving out, and into an apartment with my bestie. (not the EX) lol. We are in need of a couch.. haha.

I like sharks, on account of Shark Week and Jaws, but I don't want to be near them.

I have a huge fear of spiders. I would say minor case of arachnophobia. I hate THEM!

My favorite color is PURPLE.

I love reading. My favorite is Mortal Instruments.

I love Skillet, Brandon Heath, Matt Papa, and a whole bunch more.

I drive a 2004 Silverado. I like it okay. I want an Avalanche. Those are my FAVORITE!

lol... I'm done now.. I'm bored at work so I could just keep going and going but I won't.

I'm a book nerd.
I like making my friends into book nerds.
Wordsmith
shygirlTB
0 Kudos

im a happy person and you all are totally cool people even though i dont completely know you and im afraid of clowns and i dont like to wear dresses or any cleavage clothes  and im skinny and tall and im a vegan
the clouds i can handle but i cant fight an eclipse
jacob black =)

Inspired Wordsmith
random97
0 Kudos

shygirlTB wrote:
im a happy person and you all are totally cool people even though i dont completely know you and im afraid of clowns and i dont like to wear dresses or any cleavage clothes  and im skinny and tall and im a vegan

im vegetarian... and i wear dresses and skirts... but not very often. there is so much you cant do in them... its annoying

and i agree... you guys are awesome people

"I've been making a list of the things they don't teach you at school. They don't teach you how to love somebody. They don't teach you how to be famous. They don't teach you how to be rich or how to be poor. They don't teach you how to walk away from someone you don't love any longer. They don't teach you how to know what's going on in someone else's mind. They don't teach you what to say to someone who's dying. They don't teach you anything worth knowing."
Contributor
shanell95
0 Kudos

k soo i'm 14 i love to read.. im not the most athletic person, but i like to run in the rain and i love to swim. i've moved alot .. i lived most of my life in dallas texas but moved to costa rica last yr. i hate the tropical wheather here and i still want to move back.. my favorite types of books are fantasy, and fiction.. but i really like the classics. i love music.. i want to play guitar.. i already play piano and cello.. i'm almost in costa rica's national orchestra but i still dont know if i want to get in.. im 5 ft 5  and im pretty cool with it. i like to write wayy too much and i really love to write lyrics for my songs and compose the music for them too. my escape to the world is my room.. i hate to move... i have a 7 yr old sister... all of my friends are anti social nerdy guys so i dont hang out much... i dont like to watch tv. i hate it. and i cant stand buzzing sounds. and i have a panic attack every time i see mascarades. i hate clowns more than anything and i like to travel. so thats about it..

New User
Katlr91
0 Kudos

Re: Get to Know each other

Ok.So my name is Katheryne (yeah I know its spelled a little weird). I recently turned 18 in September, and have just finished my first semester of college. Really its lots of fun and can't wait to go back after break. I have loads of free time and most of it is spent reading books. I can read a book in a day no matter how big it is :smileyhappy: I have spent a third of my paychecks since graduating high school on books. I am about 5'6 and my fav. Color it purple and black. I am working as a teacher for young children and helping them develop their motor and social skills. I don't like any sports I really couldn't care less..Don't watch much TV because I don't like it and I don't have the time. I love to watch movies..Especially if they are based off a book I have read. I also hate spider and roaches ..Gross. I travel often especially to LA, NY, and Guatemala. I love my family even though they are all annoying LOL.I also work at the mall so I am busy most of the day. I love almost all books but only if they are fantasy of some type of paranormal romance. My favorite way to choose a book is too look at the title and the cover (who ever said don't judge a book by its cover was seriously wrong..Its never failed for me). I also have this thing that if the background of the book cover is black its generally a good book and I buy it (again silly but never failed for me). I own all the books I have read no matter what..Absolutly hate libraries I like to reread books so hence I like to own them . Love to read :smileyhappy: its my way of escaping my hectic and mostly boring and uneventful life. I really like to write and would love to be an author one day. I have started many different stories and books but haven't done much with them, more for my own fun.

and just in case it doesn't show...i suck at spelling lol sorry

enjoy...and enough with the intro's lol...hows about we start a real discussion on books lol

Contributor
Anjie_99
0 Kudos

Re: Hey Everyone! Welcome & Introductions: New Users Come Here...

Hey!

My name is Anjielyn (ann-ge-lyn) I LOVE reading i always read, but not as now, since the begining of 7th grade, now i finish 4 books in a week. I cant help but read, im supposed to be practicing on the guitar when im reading, and i know one of these days my mom and dad will just break open and forbid me to read i read so much.

Contributor
ChArLiE_LeViTs
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

Like some of you I'm sure this is my first time joining a book club! And I must admit I am way more excited than I should be! I am sure you are all probably avid readers, up to date with all the new releases which is very exciting because now I can discuss the books with other people who love to read!

Ok, so here is a little bit about me... I'm seventeen and a fantasy reader! But I do enjoy a historical fiction or modern day teen story occasionally! I used to hate reading (I was a very picky reader and nothing interested me) but lately there has been some epically fantastic books! I am an average piano player, nothing special like my sisters, I enjoy writing (a lot!), read when ever I can, love to cook (and honestly I am pretty good at it), I am fascinated with art, I love music (have some from basically every genre) and am probably one of the last teenagers in America to not own an mp3 device of any kind...

I hope everyone is having a great time!

~ChArLiE_LeViTs

Contributor
-Emily-
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

My name is Emily. I'm 15 and I love to read. I mostly read fiction and fastasy. My favorite books are the Harry Potter series. I didn't really like reading until a couple of years ago when I read the Harry Potter series. They are the books that really got my reading. Another thing I like to do is cook. When I get older I want to be a pastry chef. That would be my dream job.

Contributor
Hikaru23
0 Kudos

HIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ^^ lol.....Hello...My name is Alicia ! and like everyone else ,obviously, I LOVE BOOKS!!!!

Like seriously my room is a library!!!! I have stacks of books that almost reach the celing!!!!! From the floor!! (don't ask me how they haven't fallen cuz i don't know!) ^^ lol I'm really cool once you get to know me (and i'm not just bragging) ^^ and I love to make people laugh! ^^ I'm 16 years and two months old ^^ and i really like foriegn languages and places ^.^ Especially Japanese!!!! I like manga and anime .......and teen books for sure !!!! and the Barnes and Nobles by my house is like a second home to me ^.^ lol ....To me bliss is having a nice view sitting in a comfertable seat reading a good book! ^.^ it's rare and it's pure joy!.....i have a question... what is this i hear about free books? i wanna know!!! ^.^ lol ......well that's good enough i suppose, Bye-Bye!! 

HAPPY POSTING! AND READING!!!!!

"The world is the same size, there's just... less in it..."
~Jack Sparrow -At Worlds End-
Frequent Contributor
Boleyn
0 Kudos

Hey there.

I am Darlene and I am 18 years old.

Live in the US, I am a southern girl hoping to be a northerner by next fall if I get accepted to the college I want.

I am big into Theatre and performing arts. I am obsessed with Broadway, more specifically my fave shows currently are Wicked, Chicago, Phantom of the Opera, and The Producers.

My favorite book is The Lovely Bones.

My favorite series is a tie between The Mortal Instruments and Harry Potter.

I enjoy drawing, especially fanart from my favorite books but I don't claim to be a fantastic artist or anything, it's purely hobby.

I am a classic film fanatic. Audrey Hepburn is my favorite actress.

I am also a classic disney flim fanatic. I may be grown but you can still find me sitting on the floor in my livingroom singing along to some Alice In Wonderland or Peter Pan.

I have a sad addiction to Yoga and Pilates.

Can't lie, I am a bit of a gamer at times. Call of Duty is my thing.

You could find me rocking out to some Aerosmith and Journey on an almost daily basis.

The Beatles and Guns N Roses make a few appearances too.

Overall, I am a pretty laid-back person who is looking to talk about amazing books and maybe find a few more.

"It’s dark now and I am very tired. I love you, always. Time is nothing."
Reader-Moderator
agnijay
0 Kudos

Nice to meet you all, and welcome to the boards!

☼☺♥ Jaya ♥☺☼

If we crawl/ Till we can walk again/ Then we'll run/ Until we're strong enough to jump/ Then we'll fly/ Until there is no end.
New User
NEVERSHOUtARiANNA
0 Kudos

Hello :]

My name is Arianna,I am 13 and of course I love to read. My favorite book is Beastly, and im super excited they are making it into a movie.My friends are always making fun of me because i choose to spend my weekend at the library or at bookstores.When i am not reading im playing volleyball, my favorite sport ever. So if anyone has read any good books please say so, so I can read them too :]

Inspired Contributor
AlejandroOchoa
0 Kudos

Hey everyone!!! I registered a few months ago and have been spending my time on the Harry Potter book club. Now I'm coming here for a while, and just want to introduce myself.

~AO :smileytongue:

Reader
GretchenS
0 Kudos

Hello everyone! My name is Gretchen, and I am a 24-year-old who enjoys reading YA books, among other things. I joined this thread in the hope of finding even more book recommendations to add to my growing to-read list. I look forward to reading new books in the new year! =)

Contributor
pengy
0 Kudos

Hi! My name is Chloe! (Pengy is my secret ninja name haha Not really!) As you can see I get sidetracked really easily. But I love books Actually just today i had to buy a new bookshelf to put in my room along with 3 others! Im into swimming, writing, school, listening to music, memorizing parts of books (Ik weird but Its fun to do! xD) I just finished reading the first three of Vampires Assitant in a day xD. When Im not reading (which isn't to often) Im reading to my sisters(still reading!) Outside with my dog or trying to get my friends to read!:smileyvery-happy:

єνєяуσηє тσℓ∂ мє тσ gяσωη υρ.... ι gяєω υρ αη∂ тнєη тнєу ωαηтє∂ мє тσ gяσωη ∂σωη...