Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
Michelangelo.512
0 Kudos

Re: Hey Everyone! Welcome & Introductions: New Users Come Here...

Well ive actually been in the teen club for a while i joined when i was thirteen im now 14 but i dont rember intruducing myself on here so hey im caleb i love reading and i want to be a writer among other things i like this club becuse im trying to write a book and if i need help or someone to critque my work this is the place i go everyones very helpful or if i just need sugestion for a new book to read  

Reader
BeautifulDisaster0623
0 Kudos

Hey Guys,

My Name is Raquel,and i LOVE to read. I'm kinda crazy; if i start a new series, i HAVE to buy

them all, and read them all before i go to sleep, or do anything else. I read anything and everything, but since I'm 16, i go more for the fiction, humor and romance. Looking forward to future postings!

Love Raquel :smileyvery-happy: 

New User
moises-lover
0 Kudos

hey hi hello

I'm megan i love reading and writing, i have read a lot and i hope that i can talk with you guys about the books i've read

Megan

Peace, Love, Jonas

Contributor
LeighLikeMe
0 Kudos

Hey Everyone!!!!

My name is Leighanna  and of course I like to read so I won't get into that! :smileyhappy:

Like a lot of ya'll I play softball and absolutely lol it! I'm also a "bandnerd" lol and I enjoy every minute of it when I'm not playing sports or gettiing ready for a football game I'm hanging out with my closest friends who I couldn't live without!

Hope to get 2 know you'll if you want to know anything else about me that I left out just message me!=)

*Got a secret can you keep it?
swear this one you'll save
better lock it, in your pocket
taking this one to the grave *
Reader-Moderator
agnijay
0 Kudos

Welcome to the boards everyone! Sorry, I would welcome each of you individually, but life is CRAZY right now, though I did read each of your introductions. Happy posting!

☼☺♥ Jaya ♥☺☼

If we crawl/ Till we can walk again/ Then we'll run/ Until we're strong enough to jump/ Then we'll fly/ Until there is no end.
Reader
De-grassi
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Hey all! My name is Grace and I'm 15 years old. Ever since I learned how to in 1st grade, I've been reading everything I can get my greedy hands on. My preferred genres shift with my moods, so I've read a great variety of books from Meg Cabot's The Princess Diaries to Dan Brown's Angels and Demons. Some of my favorite reads include Night by Elie Weisel, the Gemma Doyle Series by Libba Bray, and anything by Jane Austen. Lately, I have had trouble finding a truely satisfying new read, and I was wondering if you had any suggestions?

New User
zippazap
0 Kudos

Hellooo. Im zippazap (well, thats my stage name at least). I love reading so I came here! :smileyhappy:

Contributor
LeighLikeMe
0 Kudos

whoops guys!! I left out some words and misspelt some things, too in my earlier post sorry! I have a bad habit of just typing and not rereading it or using spell check!

*Got a secret can you keep it?
swear this one you'll save
better lock it, in your pocket
taking this one to the grave *
Frequent Contributor
WriterMom
0 Kudos

Hi! My name is Whitney i am a Mom of 3 Teenagers ,none of which read. I read as much as possible. The books that started me off was V.C. Andrews Flowers in the Attic. That was 18 years ago when I was on bedrest with my oldest son. Ever since I have only read teen novels.

Three years ago I started writting and I find because I have teenagers it's easier for e to write alng those lines.

My only problem is that I have to one to talk to abou the books I read. I tried to get friends and family to read what i do, but no luck.

The Boondock Saints Pictures, Images and Photos
New User
Angie65
0 Kudos

Hi there... I highly recommend Graceling and Fire by Kristin Cashore and Hunger Games and Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins. They are all awesome!

Contributor
JulieShmaozao
0 Kudos

hey theree!(:

i'm Julie...

and i'm asian... LOL

well I really do love to read, and I have all my life. my mom gets mad at me because i read when i shouldn't... cause well... i read all the time (:

therefore i'm a preeeettttyyy good writer not to TOOT MY HORN (:

LOL but my writing teacher told me so, because we took this 10th grade writing exam and I was like the only 8th grader that aced it or something... yay(:

that's one of my achievements.

I love to ice skate.  oh the thrill of jumping and landing it perfectly... (:

twitter, facebook... texting....

i guess my mom likes to joke with me that the only reason i love reading so much is because i grew up around it.  when i was little, everyday before bed i'd eat green grapes (and only the green grapes!) while my mom read to me.  two years later mom had my brother.  she didn't read to him everyday.

he hates reading. i love it.

so my mom's theory is: if  you read to your children when they are young, they will love reading when they are older.

which is kind of true.  except my cousin reallllyyy used to love reading, but now he hates it.

and i don't blame you if  you are bored right now... and if you are still reading this i congratulate you.  WOW! amazing! :smileyvery-happy:

uhm...

i think this is enough of an introduction.

but mainly:

hey I'm Julie(:

i'm a 13 year old 8th grader and i'm considered "young" in the eighth grade class.

i love ice skating and reading...

get to know me (:

i don't bite (:

and if any 13-14 year old girls want to be my friend.. yay(:

(sorry for any misspelled words!!)

New User
FlaxenHairedBeauty
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

HI im Courtney,

i'm 15 and just  love to read all kinds of books just not the gory blood killing books.  Romantic adventures and biographys are my favorites.I LOVE classic movies so I read mostly biographys about classic actors and actresses. People think im weird because I like them but hey thats just who I am. This seems like a good place to be if you are a teenage book reader. :smileywink:

New User
reader326
0 Kudos

Your really nice! :smileyvery-happy:

Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

Welcome to all the new people. Glad you decided to join the boards. If you need a little help getting started I would recommend reading some of the popular threads or taking a look at The Ultimate Book Recommendation List where there currently is a long list of recommendations going on so if you are looking for a good book, have a question on a particular book suggested, or just want to add to the list stop by. Also there is an Online Book Club thread that reads a book a month and talks about the book on the 14th of every month. They vote on the books so you can suggest books there and possibly get your book chosen for the book of the month that they are reading on their club.

Enjoy!

Pages of Forbidden Love
http://pages-of-forbidden-love.blogspot.com/
New User
penpal_gurl
0 Kudos

Hey guys,

My name is Paxton. I am a HUGE time reader. I am totally addicted to vampire series like twilight and the house of night series. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the smell of a bookstore or new book. I know its weird but thats me. I am somewhat new to the book club thing. Would love recommendations! I also love christian books about the bible. Keep me updated on books that you would like to recommend and posted more updates. I love just going into a book store and sit down and read for hours and hours. I have alot of time on my hands to read and read and read. I wish I had no school to go to, so I could read all day long. 

Happy Posting!

:womanvery-happy:Paxton

Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

Welcome!

Glad you decided to join the boards. If you need a little help getting started I would recommend reading some of the popular threads or taking a look at The Ultimate Book Recommendation List where there currently is a long list of recommendations going on so if you are looking for a good book, have a question on a particular book suggested, or just want to add to the list stop by. Also there is an Online Book Club thread that reads a book a month and talks about the book on the 14th of every month. They vote on the books so you can suggest books there and possibly get your book chosen for the book of the month that they are reading on their club.

Pages of Forbidden Love
New User
Brithelovablenerd
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Hi All!

I am currently a college student so I only have so much time to read. But these are some GREAT books that are worth reading.

The Vampire Diaries

The Partholon Series by P.C. Cast

The Immortals Series by Alyson Noel

Brit

"You’re not a magnet for accidents — that’s not a broad enough classification. You are a magnet for trouble. If there is anything dangerous within a ten-mile radius, it will invariably find you." -Stephenie Meyer
New User
Brithelovablenerd
0 Kudos

Hey everyone! The name is Brit (:

I'm 19, which makes me feel old compared to some of you here!

I am a sophomore in college, I am getting a teaching degree.

My favorite series involve vampires.

Which leads me to tell you my doggy is named Bella :smileywink: she's the sweetest and most spoiled dog ever!

I am 5'5", the shortest in my family.

I am still a kid at heart, I love teen books and watch Disney channel in my spare time.

If anyone wants a good book series to read, I highly suggest The Vampire Diaries by L. J. Smith or The Immortal Series by Alyson Noel. Those would be my all time fav!

Brit

"You’re not a magnet for accidents — that’s not a broad enough classification. You are a magnet for trouble. If there is anything dangerous within a ten-mile radius, it will invariably find you." -Stephenie Meyer
Scribe
JdiennoPSU
0 Kudos

Welcome Brit!  I am also a college student but make you seem like a baby ;-)  HAHA jk.  The vampire diaries are awesome books and I need to finish this series ASAP.... or as soon as i finish the books I am currently reading.  Enjoy the forums they are a lot of fun!

- JJ

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.

FACT: Childhood cancers are the #1 disease killer in children - more than asthma, cystic fibrosis, diabetes, and pediatric AIDS combined.
Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

Welcome, I am also a college student so you are not too old for the teen board. We even have a couple of people who are 21 or older on this board. You are never too old to read a YA book in my opinion. :smileyhappy:

Pages of Forbidden Love